Missions?

Dan Doyle

Mature
I never got into Mission when I played before but was wondering what most of you think do you like to play missions or just walk about???

I've activated all the iron challenges. I can hunt pretty much anything now and it will count towards a goal. I also find it funnier to have set goals when I do something. So, yes.

Exploring mainly, I've got missions but only because the mobs I hunt normally got them after I started to hunt them.

I'd still be playing with or without missions after all it will still be EU.

If I'm bored I often just get in a vehicle and drive about to see what's at a location on the map. Sometimes it's nothing and sometimes it's something interesting.

I accepted all available missions, already completed a lot of it.

I don´t hunt for Iron mission, but I hunt.
Time comes and another iron will be completed without directly hunting for it, just by accident :)

I got all the missions or almost all on Caly and RT
but I hunt only mobs that giving me pleasure,
or for rewards that I need (aim,handgun,evade,items,property etc)
I like very much some of the daily missions.
but also
I love to travel, exploration and do walkathons alone or with my buddies :)
Already did coast to coast (east/west and south/north) NI and North to South all the way ROCKtropia (kk because of some zombies I cheated a lil with my Spear lol).
on Caly I tried a couple times to do that on Eudoria, but always found myself at an outpost revived :laugh:

May as well do a mission and get a reward if you are going to do the same thing anyway, like during WOF..may as well have a mission on whatever you're mob targets are even if it's only a small one it's something extra for nothing from MA which is worth a letter to the Pope to claim a miracle :)

tracking missions

Are there only a certain amount of missions you can track at once?

I like missions, but there are basically two kinds...iron missions, and others. The irons are pure grind missions. They were the first missions added to the game, to make grinding less boring, and I think they do that. Same with the daily missions, and if you are going to hunt anyway, pick up the iron mission if it is available. It is pure added eco if nothing else.

The other missions are more varied...there are short one-offs and epic mission chains. Some are grinds, some are fetch, some are explore, and some are just fun. Some have rewards and some don't. I enjoy these, and every VU I check to see if we've gotten new ones. Unlike the irons, many of these missions are geared toward newbies--part of MA's efforts to attract and retain new players, a trend that's likely to continue. Not a challenge for older players, but they can still be fun.

So I enjoy doing missions, but there are only so many, and then EU goes back to being a sandbox with iron missions, which is also okay.

BTW, if you haven't done it yet, I suggest doing Hunt the Thing next tine you're on RT. It is for lower levels, but still widely considered one of if not the best mission chains in the game.

EDIT: Oh, and you can track up to five missions. You can click one to make it active, meaning it shows waypoints.

Are there only a certain amount of missions you can track at once?

As mentioned above, you can only track five missions on the desk top. But you can have an unlimited number of missions in your log. You choose which five to track.

Back