Suggestion: Google Authenticator alternative to Gold Card

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Ise7OiTYqVhk4qWSIPAeqlwunaih3W6t9xE47JMCETih9K-abeSCocwSWFUYp75Xsf4=w300

It's not uncommon for online accounts these days to have a 2-step verification process in which an account cannot be accessed without the second step. This second step is often a Google Authenticator passcode.

The code is randomly generated every 10 seconds. Similar to the way the Gold Card works every time you insert your card. The benefit to Google Authenticator vice Gold Card is that it's always on your phone; just about everywhere you go. You can even put it on multiple phones or tablets if you so choose.

Note that I'm not suggesting replacing the Gold Card, but allowing it as an alternative option.

Viewers please +1 if this is something you'd like implemented

:yay:Please implement such a feature!!!!! :yay:

When was the last time your gold card was hacked?

When was the last time smartphone was hacked? Let me check those celeb nude photos again and think :laugh:

If you have the IQ of hollywood star taking nude photos on their aifouns why even bother with 2 step verification just put 1234 as a password :laugh:

Do you REALLY think that Google should know even more about you than they already do..?

I don't want that for few reasons.

I do hope that if something like that is implemented, codes will have different algorithm than GC and it will be opt-in option.

Ah, it's that suggestion again :yup:

Are you aware that the Authenticator doesn't even encrypt its shit? The whole warm feeling of safety is based on hope that your device won't be remotely accessed, which is hard but doable. Meanwhile, good luck logging onto my card reader :)

When was the last time your gold card was hacked?

When was the last time smartphone was hacked? Let me check those celeb nude photos again and think :laugh:

If you have the IQ of hollywood star taking nude photos on their aifouns why even bother with 2 step verification just put 1234 as a password :laugh:

I did say alternative..

I remember the last time my smartphone was hacked..

..nope sorry, can't recall that one..:rolleyes:

Don´t care if MA implements it, I definately will not use it.
GC gives more security.

Gold card is very old tech. Either app code generators or online coding is very secure and encrypted. MA needs to sort this out asap! I don't want to carry my Gold card around with me. I always have my phone on me, so makes sense to have an App.

Nothing wrong with old-tech.
I for one would not want my phone to be the layer of security.

As long as they don't replace the gold card, I don't really care.

It would be a less secure option, but still better than nothing. I can see how it would be useful for people who login from their smartphones.

I did say alternative..

I remember the last time my smartphone was hacked..

..nope sorry, can't recall that one..:rolleyes:
Sit by me with your Bluetooth on and all your info r belong to me! In a matter of seconds! :yup:

don't want to carry my Gold card around with me. I always have my phone on me, so makes sense to have an App.

I'll second that reasoning.

Hassle to carry around the GC and the reader.. 2 more things to possibly lose or break.. or error 72?
So I'm one of the people who'd just use the GA app.. just gotta be careful not to sit near an Alien :eyecrazy:

Back