Server downtime for patch

Any info, what bugfixes will be done ?

Any info, what bugfixes will be done ?

Hopefully MA will roll back Cyrene. For me, I'm still set back on what happened there. Without words.

Hopefully MA will roll back Cyrene. For me, I'm still set back on what happened there. Without words.

Not going to happen. They downsized to one server region to save money, they're not going to pay for additional ones until their income increases.

I agree, though, the terrain is boring compared to the original planet, it looks like they had to get it out in a rush.

Not going to happen. They downsized to one server region to save money, they're not going to pay for additional ones until their income increases.

I agree, though, the terrain is boring compared to the original planet, it looks like they had to get it out in a rush.

Yes that's the sad side to it all. I was backing them saying this was a downsizing for the 'new system' which I found out they didn't get and all will be done 'manually'. When I visited it this weekend I was shell shocked. It's so bad I didn't even want to post a youtube video in respect for the developers.

RIP Cyrene :(

I visited Cyrene 2 days ago and was extremely disappointed - as commented upon the terrain is boring and looks very rushed, I have to say that I tried to stay but after 4 hours of picking up the tp's and having a general scout around I left to return to Caly

It is a real shame as I was hoping that Cyrene would develop along the lines to be at least as busy as Arkadia but it seems that is not going to happen, I saw less people last time than on previous occasions

Ah that is sad news, I liked Cyrene, was disappointed when they started to combine the tokens and missions etc. I like the initial flow of doing missions there.

I was actually going to head over there one of these nights to pick up the pet so now at least I won't be shell shocked with disappointment it has all changed.

Are any of you guys shocked that cyrene goes down the drain? I mean c'mon as long as it's such a hassle to travle trough space pretty much all the planets besides ones is doomed ^^

Are any of you guys shocked that cyrene goes down the drain? I mean c'mon as long as it's such a hassle to travle trough space pretty much all the planets besides ones is doomed ^^

Absolutely totally agree...

Indeed!

They had a dream! (space pirates)

Because of that dream they are destroying all the game. So what? Let them dream. LOL

On a serious note, space is too big, an alternative should exist to travel between planets. Even if it was extremely expensive. On last VU I noted that you can now TP back from Monria to Caly. Why not possible to TP between all planets, even if it was 50 ped.

Time is precious don't you think? Now try to get a warp flight at 3 am europe time. Ma don't even worried to try to come with a system that would help privaters/MS and costumers. Something like the event system but for flights between all planets. They don't have time for that.

PS: Hope that after 6 months it's possible now to add that offline friend that send me that ghost invite!!!

its not about the hassle to travel its about the iteams that you can get and sell, many ppl would travel if it would be worth it, but one most popular planet lower prices on everything so smaller has no chance

its not about the hassle to travel its about the iteams that you can get and sell, many ppl would travel if it would be worth it, but one most popular planet lower prices on everything so smaller has no chance

I don't leave caly as, hassle to travel...

It isn't even in hard launch yet! So no advertising yet to bring in new players! Seems premature to suggest failure! LOL ;) I'll would wait for year after hard launch and adverts before knowing. :)

Space is a failed system they just need to redo it from scratch to make it better playing environment period.

Travel times to damn long.
MS not available 24/7, having to take off work IRL just to travel safe is total bullshit for a game to require.
BUGS that MS pilots drop ship becomes sitting duck for pirates and no way to let others in ship know there is issue is total bullshit.
MA not labeling lootable items is total bullshit, no-one ever knows what is and what is not lootable, some say yes it is lootable others say no, there is not distinct factoid until you get looted yourself which is bullshit.
I was MS pilot for awhile, space PVP is totally friggen bullshit, cheats are used and exploits used and MA just lets it happen.

SPACE need rework from scratch not just a patch to fix what is there....

even if I agree with "piracy" issue and I believe this going to hurt bad EU in long term ....(I see another thread about space again rising up)
but
I have to remind you this thread it's for tomorrow patch.
So let see if they going to fix some serious problems from this VU
launcher delays-missing sounds....etc and... Ancient Greece non-playable TT MODERN weapons!!!:laugh: (that's a good one and just heard about it!)

Last edited:
Everything would be fine if they left space the way it is and put free stargates on all the planets. If you wanted to be a pirate, hunt space mobs or just fly around in space you would be welcome to however it would still be lootable pvp.

It isn't even in hard launch yet! So no advertising yet to bring in new players! Seems premature to suggest failure! LOL ;) I'll would wait for year after hard launch and adverts before knowing. :)

Yeah, thats the weird thing about Cyrene - how long are they going to push forward actually becoming a planet?

Only way I could see it as fair to spacecraft owners is to take any TP money and disperse based on time flown or # of warps or something. Also TP's perhaps should work on a limited basis, like weekends. This gives other planets some people at least for a week at a time, and still keeps the demand for flights.

That way inactive owners get some, but not much of the new traffic, and those who are active get a cut of the revenue they lost + some + any regular warps.

I mean, to stay on topic...
bertha you are sexy when you mention downtime...dunno why.

I thought we'd got over the stage when people could turn a thread on any subject into a spacewhine thread.

Yeah, thats the weird thing about Cyrene - how long are they going to push forward actually becoming a planet?
There in lies the real question and or problem. To me it's like a trial run to see what they are able to accomplish, what types of problems they need to sort out, and what kind of timelines they could expect from MA. The only people really losing out is Cyrene themselves.

From what I have seen they have some strong followers. That is a great sign. How they move forward from here will determine their fate in EU. With advertising and more dedication to their product, it could very well give competition to the existing PP's.

Personally i I think this should have happened with NI, then maybe they could have a better understanding of how deep Post was getting himself into! ;)
Only way I could see it as fair to spacecraft owners is to take any TP money and disperse based on time flown or # of warps or something. Also TP's perhaps should work on a limited basis, like weekends. This gives other planets some people at least for a week at a time, and still keeps the demand for flights.

That way inactive owners get some, but not much of the new traffic, and those who are active get a cut of the revenue they lost + some + any regular warps.

I mean, to stay on topic...
bertha you are sexy when you mention downtime...dunno why.
:lolup: Yes she is! :yup:

What we need is more ship to fill the void between quads and warp ships. People who want instant log off travel will still pay warp capable trips.
Its just a shame ma want to keep space travel difficult! For obvious reasons and it ain't to do with deed ship owners.

/mod note/
Thread topic is announcement of server downtime for a PATCH.

Are any of you seriously expecting a major development, such as relaunching a planet or re-development of space, or the re-introduction of interplanet TPs, to be included in a patch?

Thought not.

If you have serious suggestions for any of the above, please create a separate thread in the appropriate section. :wise:

As far as this thread gos though, please stay on topic.
:topic:

/mod note/

Are any of you seriously expecting a major development, such as relaunching a planet or re-development of space, or the re-introduction of interplanet TPs, to be included in a patch?

Thought not.

Well, yes I am. Since MA did it with Rocktropia when they rolled back his update and give him back the THING map after he copy/pasted the THING/Keg Garden onto the main map.

/mod note/

Thought not.

If you have serious suggestions for any of the above, please create a separate thread in the appropriate section. :wise:

As far as this thread gos though, please stay on topic.
:topic:

I'm expecting it everytime they release the tinyest patch just because I'm always optimistic about them realizing the space-fuckup but I get dissapointed each time. Crossing my fingers this time tho! Free interplanetary teleporters ftw!

I'm expecting it everytime they release the tinyest patch just because I'm always optimistic about them realizing the space-fuckup but I get dissapointed each time. Crossing my fingers this time tho! Free interplanetary teleporters ftw!
Rep for the optimism!:)

As as for the patch, you never know when or if they sneak in some extra content. So every patch is open for discussion! Besides if MA is watching, these are a great place to put forward concerns, frustrations, praise, and constructive wants and wishes. :yup: Like wanting more from space then it is.

I'm holding my breath for fixes to FL, trade window, and the crashing...

How about that skill counter?

Back