Cyrene version 2.0

Agreed, People forget the main people making Cyrene were players who left to do it better than MA....only to be subjects of MA.

I think that was Planet Arkadia you are talking about here. I don't think the C-Team ever played this game before Cyrene. One thing that Cyrene had was the looks and items but never the knowledge of how the game worked.

I think the terrain was bad for mining and mining was not well understood by the dev team, but bad terrain never gave me 5% returns there even the first day of launch.

On the contrary, I thought that someone on the dev team must′ve had more than just a pretty good idea how mining works and that mining had been deliberately obstructed through terrain design as well as TP and mob spawn placement by PP. Got acceptable results mining on Cyrene nevertheless, thou it′s been sometimes quite a pain in the a**. On the positive side there were a lot of interesting sights and landscaping to encounter––a shame that that′s gone, at least for the time being. :dunno:

...And I thought Calypso's road network was bad! :eyecrazy:

Dont get me wrong, they are great on Eudoria when they are there, but then whoever was in charge of the road network must have got fired because they suddenly disappear and you soon find yourself on rough ground. When you get to a river... no bridge! :duh:

A pity, but then most of us use Sleip or Quad these days if we dont have the nearest TP.

You mean something like this:
http://efa.ms/schedule/
or
http://www.titans-of-space.de/schedule.shtml
or
http://entropiatransport.com/

Or you simply buy a quad and put on a space thruster if you want to travel without stackables.

Have fun travelling :)

Thanks for the links :)
But.
A game that you have to leave the game and visit an external site to be able to pay the game? That's ridiculous.

THIS type of thing should be ingame for any of the ships http://www.titans-of-space.de/schedule.shtml

Mindark are so lazy they'd rather let others do it poorly. I don't mean those sites are poor, but they are not ingame and therefore any problems cant be a support issue, unlike ingame features like auction which are

Personally i think that making the whole of space PVP was really stupid. Why ever did they do that? Areas of it like the land, OK...but there's why strapping thrusters on anything won't be happening with me.

When a new player joined entropia back when its just calypso he worked at it and stayed around or quit

Now when a new player join at another world that's starting up and in the state calypso was way back when they find out calypso is bigger and more there so they leave and go there. Makes growing a player-base reeeealy hard.

The PP's fill out forms and requests, and hand over digital assets (meshes, textures, coordinates, etc) to MA to CODE it all.

ALL coding is handled by MA.

Keep in mind, this is the same MA who cannot fix a texture "link" bug for years.
(eg. Booth stalls nice "Red & White" texture was lost about 1 year ago with an update - it is just 1 bad link reference to fix - 2 seconds work - still not fixed! Now they live untextured.)

So as the UNIVERSE expands into 10, 100, 1000 planets ... and.... ALL coding is funnelled through MA...... ???!!!!! :eyecrazy:

Not exactly a well-thought out pipeline - nor a solid concept.

So as the UNIVERSE expands into 10, 100, 1000 planets ... and.... ALL coding is funnelled through MA...... ???!!!!! :eyecrazy:

Not exactly a well-thought out pipeline - nor a solid concept.

Yeah, I'm not seeing a whole lot of danger of that ever happening. :)

When a new player joined entropia back when its just calypso he worked at it and stayed around or quit

Now when a new player join at another world that's starting up and in the state calypso was way back when they find out calypso is bigger and more there so they leave and go there. Makes growing a player-base reeeealy hard.

I think the biggest problem is the economy and the lack of demand and supply of different components. On a new planet with a small player-base it's so hard to find buyers and sellers of the things you loot or need yo buy. Even on Arkadia that is somewhat of a problem. If I could sell and buy the things I need to a price that is close to the current MU I could play on a smaller planet and have fun on it because it brings in other benefits.

A bit off topic, but my solution could be a NPC trade "company" (MA) that buys and sell stackables based on the average MU price. They could buy for a price that is 15% lower than the average weekly MU for the products and sell for a price 15 % higher. The exact prices should regulated and monitored by MA so it's not "unbalanced" prices and the trades should not effect the world MU. That way players would always be guaranteed to have kind of last resort where players could sell and buy products that they could use if they have no other way to sell or buy their products.

With Cyrene and also Rocktropia I'm also a bit disappointed with the fact that is a lot of talk and visions before and just after the planet is launched, but it pretty quickly much of it comes out empty.

Back