Question: Alot of flickering on items in distance

NoBion

Elite
Society
Freelancer
NoBion Nob Andersen
Hey all

I got alot of flickering on people / terrain / objects in the distance... It looks horrible.

Graphics are done through a Nvidia Geforce 970 GTX. So the hardware should be more than sufficient to provide the graphics correctly.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hey all

I got alot of flickering on people / terrain / objects in the distance... It looks horrible.

Graphics are done through a Nvidia Geforce 970 GTX. So the hardware should be more than sufficient to provide the graphics correctly.

I had this before on my 4870 x2. According to AMD, it had to do with drivers and the game developers. They informed me to go back to some older version. It did work but then there were other issues. The big issue was it only occurred with only certain games. I found that with the mods done to Cry 2 engine MA did, there are a lot of instability with how things are rendered.

AMD never did fix this problem with that card. Ended up getting a newer card.

Sorry not much help, but maybe a roll back on the drivers (or update if you haven't already), or even a firmware update to the card <- (but this is a last resort). Also check overheating, this can cause some of these problems.

I had this before on my 4870 x2. According to AMD, it had to do with drivers and the game developers. They informed me to go back to some older version. It did work but then there were other issues. The big issue was it only occurred with only certain games. I found that with the mods done to Cry 2 engine MA did, there are a lot of instability with how things are rendered.

AMD never did fix this problem with that card. Ended up getting a newer card.

Sorry not much help, but maybe a roll back on the drivers (or update if you haven't already), or even a firmware update to the card <- (but this is a last resort). Also check overheating, this can cause some of these problems.

Hi

I doubt its overheating. i have a very well ventilated Coolermaster HAF-X tower and its a GTX 970 OC edition with a excellent cooler attached.

I am also on a totally new installed OS.

Might be a driver issue. might be because the game doesent run well with the new Maxwell GPU core's since they are just new releases...

You mean the materialising of environement? materialising/dematerialising mobs as they load and disapear? layer by layer

I got that shitty features since last update also and i run a GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5

By the way right click on the client loader and check which graphic engine you are running, if you upgraded to windows 8.1 it may be running your by default integrated gfx card which was the case for me
You simply need to open your nvidia gfx panel and set entropia.exe AND client loader.exe back to using the high performance gfx card, which you may have done the day you installed it, i was having a crappy 25fps after windows 8.1 upgrade as i set it back to the NVIDIA high performance processor the problem was solved (stuttering, flickering) back to a smooth 60+ fps in high settings.

Hey all

I started having the same problem with the new VU on my GTX 750Ti. No change in driver or anything else in my system except for the update to the game. Matter of fact I am running a driver that needs to be updated (currently using 344.11 driver) Every other game I've tried is fine so I'm inclined to think it has something to do with MA's mod of CE2.

Hi

I doubt its overheating. i have a very well ventilated Coolermaster HAF-X tower and its a GTX 970 OC edition with a excellent cooler attached.

I am also on a totally new installed OS.

Might be a driver issue. might be because the game doesent run well with the new Maxwell GPU core's since they are just new releases...
Best thing try now is to see if there are newer drivers if not then try an older version.

Yeah the problem with new tech, is sometimes it is released before there is software that can handle it. ;)

I started having the same problem with the new VU on my GTX 750Ti. No change in driver or anything else in my system except for the update to the game. Matter of fact I am running a driver that needs to be updated (currently using 344.11 driver) Every other game I've tried is fine so I'm inclined to think it has something to do with MA's mod of CE2.
More then likely. :yup:

You mean the materialising of environement? materialising/dematerialising mobs as they load and disapear? layer by layer

I got that shitty features since last update also and i run a GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5

Hi Konvicted

I noticed this "feature" and can't say im happy about it either, it seems they figured it would look good with the summoning of pets and went all in.

This is not the issue though. Its a graphical glitch flickering and most likely due to Drivers since i see someone with a 750ti having similiar issues

I think i remember reading that 750ti was the first graphic cards to use some kind of new tech from Nvidia before the release of Maxwell... so might be a connection there

Hi Konvicted

I noticed this "feature" and can't say im happy about it either, it seems they figured it would look good with the summoning of pets and went all in.

This is not the issue though. Its a graphical glitch flickering and most likely due to Drivers since i see someone with a 750ti having similiar issues

I think i remember reading that 750ti was the first graphic cards to use some kind of new tech from Nvidia before the release of Maxwell... so might be a connection there

how about my 2nd post possible solution, does it gets you anywhere?

how about my 2nd post possible solution, does it gets you anywhere?

Haven't checked but judging performance I would be impressed if Intel integrated graphics can run cryengine that well. I'll check next time to be sure though

Haven't checked but judging performance I would be impressed if Intel integrated graphics can run cryengine that well. I'll check next time to be sure though

dude it does to my surprise but fps is limited and i had a feeling of walking thru snow, small stuttering and flickering aswell with a 20-25fps on high gfx

Back