PLease MA add day only option

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
I am fed up with night time in PE. I play in windowed mode, it feels like it is always bloody night time in game, and i cannot see a thing when it is.

Please please please add a day only option

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: i might have read once that we can edit the config to get day only? Anyone know of the details. It is really starting to bug me night time to the point where in teh last week i have logged off, cause i COULDNT SEE!!

i second this,i like always sunny,makes me more happy

or just make gamma adjustable in windowed mode.

Support....tehy don't read forum for feedback Ace

Oh yes they do!
And BTW I hate night time too.
It just makes it hard to see and annoying!

I think night time looks sexy when that giant moon is glowing... and I also play in windowed mode :laugh:

No thank you. :)

Yea, this feature would be cool! I've ran off a cliff plenty of times during the night.

OR, they could simply adjust the brightness of night cycle to actually make things a bit more visible. Otherwise need to hire players to work as lanterns while carrying embra swords

make L glasses that you can put on & see your daytime...

i'd like to keep the night time...infact bring back the darker nights.

make L glasses that you can put on & see your daytime...

i'd like to keep the night time...infact bring back the darker nights.

Yea, the night is to bright.

Agree, adjustable gamma in window mode would solve that problem, and adjust night ambient color/brightness.

I put in a support case, and said i will put one in once a week untill they reply on this thread.

Their reply said, "don't do that it will just piss us off (they didn't use the word piss). We have forwarded.....BLAH BLAH..."

I swear this development team they forward everything to....DOESNT EXIST!

Rgds

Ace

I put in a support case, and said i will put one in once a week untill they reply on this thread.

Their reply said, "don't do that it will just piss us off (they didn't use the word piss). We have forwarded.....BLAH BLAH..."

I swear this development team they forward everything to....DOESNT EXIST!

Rgds

Ace

Don't let you intimidate !!! Spam support until they bow down before power of forum and comunity !!!

You could do this by changing the settings file, on your own risk tho :)

Open the file:
C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\settings-ce.cfg

add these lines..
sv_timeofdayenable = 0
sv_timeofdaylength = 1
sv_timeofdaystart = 12

Last edited:
:ahh: I like nights...
but agree to let players choosing.

DRM

Open the file:

add these lines..
sv_timeofdayenable = 0
sv_timeofdaylength = 1
sv_timeofdaystart = 12

Didnt work for me :(

Rgds

Ace

I am fed up with night time in PE. I play in windowed mode, it feels like it is always bloody night time in game, and i cannot see a thing when it is.

Please please please add a day only option

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: i might have read once that we can edit the config to get day only? Anyone know of the details. It is really starting to bug me night time to the point where in teh last week i have logged off, cause i COULDNT SEE!!

And I am fed up with people like you! Because of people like you we do not have proper day/ night cycle. We don't have flashlights powered by sweat and we don't have night only mobs..

Because of people like you, that just fucking complain again and again.

Either buy new PC, or stfu :D

Open the file:

add these lines..
sv_timeofdayenable = 0
sv_timeofdaylength = 1
sv_timeofdaystart = 12

I think i read some where, that this is not allowed. But not sure.

Dear MA.

I am sick of logging in and losing my loots. I am so much happier when I always get uber loots.

Please create an uber loots only option.

Please Please Please Please.

PS: I will post on this thread every week until they answer, personally, and do so in the affirmative, that they will in fact only give an uber loots only option.

I feel it is very important for customer retention that customers get to select uber loots.

I can never understand why people are against a sensible OPTION being requested. If you don't like it you'd have the OPTION not to use it :D

Anyway, I would also like the option to play in daylight only. Winter is about to arrive where it's dark outside for hours on end so the last thing I need as a sufferer of SAD is to log in to darkness in a game and continue to be miserable.

I can never understand why people are against a sensible OPTION being requested. If you don't like it you'd have the OPTION not to use it :D

Small brains :)

Magyar and Pecka don't like options i see.

Rgds

Ace

I like this suggestion and I agree 100%! +1 rep
I suffer also in nights with bad/low/dark light in game setup.
I demand for this option NOT JUST ASKING FOR IT!

/PW3CKA
isn't something you just prefer wise guy!!!!!
THINK! There are ppl that haven't vision 10/10!
What people like him you mean? People with eye issues?.... realy?

I'm a bit surprised by this request to be honest.

Night time is part of the universe, to make it as realistic as possible they worked out the planets and the sun, eventually when the possibility was there, day and night cycle as it should be.

At first, the night was really dark, how it's supposed to be, because there are no lights in the wilderness, just in towns. The moonlight was the only thing that made night a little less dark, being able to see.

After a while people started complaining that the night was way too dark and after some consideration MA noticed that only people with high end monitors were able to see in this darkness and decided to make the moonlight at least 3-4x as bright as before. Making night visible to people with mediocre monitors.

The reason they did this was because they can NOT remove the day/night cycle, adding the option requested here is not possible. Why? Well, if someone can turn off the night and is competing in an event against someone that has enabled night. The one using daytime only will have a huge advantage over the one playing nighttime.
To compete, everyone will disable night and in the end nobody will have a cycle at all because they are FORCED to disable it due to problems like these. This is not something the players want, nor MA.

What is the real problem here?
The problem is that (I think) there is a small percentage of players that run old monitors and/or budget monitors that do not have the capability to show the actual image. This often shows in things you mention, dark scenes where you can't see anything, but it is there....

I've posted in threads about people complaining about not being able to play on Windows XP too. Please upgrade your hardware, I'm not saying you should spend a fortune on new stuff. But do you really expect to play a (graphics wise) up to date game with hardware technology from 6+ years ago?
It's not going to happen.

Now you may ask if I have the newest hardware? No, I just buy quality. My monitor is ~4 years old and I can see EVERYTHING, even in the black night it used to be at the introduction of the day/night cycles. And yes, that is in windowed mode.

I'm a bit surprised by this request to be honest.

Night time is part of the universe, to make it as realistic as possible they worked out the planets and the sun, eventually when the possibility was there, day and night cycle as it should be.

At first, the night was really dark, how it's supposed to be, because there are no lights in the wilderness, just in towns. The moonlight was the only thing that made night a little less dark, being able to see.

After a while people started complaining that the night was way too dark and after some consideration MA noticed that only people with high end monitors were able to see in this darkness and decided to make the moonlight at least 3-4x as bright as before. Making night visible to people with mediocre monitors.

The reason they did this was because they can NOT remove the day/night cycle, adding the option requested here is not possible. Why? Well, if someone can turn off the night and is competing in an event against someone that has enabled night. The one using daytime only will have a huge advantage over the one playing nighttime.
To compete, everyone will disable night and in the end nobody will have a cycle at all because they are FORCED to disable it due to problems like these. This is not something the players want, nor MA.

What is the real problem here?
The problem is that (I think) there is a small percentage of players that run old monitors and/or budget monitors that do not have the capability to show the actual image. This often shows in things you mention, dark scenes where you can't see anything, but it is there....

I've posted in threads about people complaining about not being able to play on Windows XP too. Please upgrade your hardware, I'm not saying you should spend a fortune on new stuff. But do you really expect to play a (graphics wise) up to date game with hardware technology from 6+ years ago?
It's not going to happen.

Now you may ask if I have the newest hardware? No, I just buy quality. My monitor is ~4 years old and I can see EVERYTHING, even in the black night it used to be at the introduction of the day/night cycles. And yes, that is in windowed mode.

I have a superb monitor, but playing in windowed mode, especially on north (i think it is north) facing mountains, the screen might as well be blank.

As for events, that would be irrelevant as everyone would have the option to use day mode.

If i put the gamma up, then when i go to the white zone i get blinded. If i put the gamma down then the dark becomes pitch black. And not only that you have to keep going in to full screen to change the damn settings.

I am not asking for something that is unreasonable....unlike Magyer.....just a simple keep it day option.

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
I have a superb monitor, but playing in windowed mode, especially on north (i think it is north) facing mountains, the screen might as well be blank.

As for events, that would be irrelevant as everyone would have the option to use day mode.

If i put the gamma up, then when i go to the white zone i get blinded. If i put the gamma down then the dark becomes pitch black. And not only that you have to keep going in to full screen to change the damn settings.

I am not asking for something that is unreasonable....unlike Magyer.....just a simple keep it day option.

Rgds

Ace

i dont realy see very well and need glases to read letters. but i do not have a problem about night cycle. i like night and day. both give a different play feeling.
Oh, and i dont need to swich the gamma!

You also could go to a places where is day, at calypso is not everywhere night.. just a tip. What they maybe could do, is making the night shorter, but it is short also yet, and they did that some months ago.

i dont think your superp monitor is good, when you have problems with bright night we have :) i use a 3 year old asus monitor, and i see everything well! also when i need glases to read letters.

not to have day night, would affect much more as you think! the sun would not move, so shadow places would be all the time shadow. it also would make the game more boring...

but ok, all that are my toughts.

Back