PLease MA add day only option

Seems i need to put my argument a different way.

I will not be buying a new computer to play PE.

All i am asking for is a day option, and it seems I am not the only one that would like this.

Rgds

Ace

Important thing you guys are missing is that it's about shaders. Playing on anything below very high makes the night really dark.. But well, it should be like this even on highest details and we should have those freaking flashlights, headlamps, helmet mods etc.. to work around it..

Boost the sweat economy, increase the retention!

Important thing you guys are missing is that it's about shaders. Playing on anything below very high makes the night really dark.. But well, it should be like this even on highest details and we should have those freaking flashlights, headlamps, helmet mods etc.. to work around it..

Boost the sweat economy, increase the retention!

yes, shaders affect the light. and yea, lamps and such would solve that also, and bring in new items to craft. except that we have to know, every light make a bit more lag! especial when it is used at a lot players and move around.

or just make gamma adjustable in windowed mode.
Not possible 'cause of your OS is controlling the settings when in windowed mode, it'll have to use the same desktop gamma for all programs.

Not possible 'cause of your OS is controlling the settings when in windowed mode, it'll have to use the same desktop gamma for all programs.

And why i can change in torque engine the gamma in window mode? I don't think your right.

Last edited:
Best solution would be making it possible to craft some super cheap UL lamps that decay close to zero. that can be attached to the helmet or something...

Otherwise i do not really see the problem in letting people choose to stay in daylight only. Possibly it could be a overruled setting which means when you enter PVP or events it will be forced on for the period you are staying in the zone.

Oh, same thread again and again :) Here just few:
Night Vision Goggles please
Get rid of the night cycle?
How About Some Light?
Remove day/night cycle plz...
Do we really need night time?
Option to turn off the night, would you use it ?

Best solution would be making it possible to craft some super cheap UL lamps that decay close to zero. that can be attached to the helmet or something...
We asked for that since 2009 :)

Maybe implementing nightvision and thermovision goggles, and head/weapon flashlights would be great addition :)
But decay not required here, or peoples would just increase gamma... :(

Otherwise i do not really see the problem in letting people choose to stay in daylight only. Possibly it could be a overruled setting which means when you enter PVP or events it will be forced on for the period you are staying in the zone.
Exactly, that would be huge issue for PvP/Events, which make it unfair. And since most likely that option would be client side, peoples could abuse it.

P.S. Yes, some places pitch-black in window mode for me as well (especially on Arkadia), but such option not a good solution IMHO, since it could be abusable.

Oh, same thread again and again :) Here just few:
Night Vision Goggles please
Get rid of the night cycle?
How About Some Light?
Remove day/night cycle plz...
Do we really need night time?
Option to turn off the night, would you use it ?

We asked for that since 2009 :)

Exactly, that would be huge issue for PvP/Events, which make it unfair. And since most likely that option would be client side, peoples could abuse it.

P.S. Yes, some places pitch-black in window mode for me as well (especially on Arkadia), but such option not a good solution IMHO, since it could be abusable.

Please expand on how an all day option would be abused?

Rgds

Ace

This option is simply not worth the MA:s time, to expect the game to change according to your hardware is ridiculous in itself. I used to not be able to see a thing during nights in EU but I simply changed a couple of settings and it worked fine with my old monitor.

Play around with your settings and see if you get something out of it. :)

Please expand on how an all day option would be abused?

Rgds

Ace
Like I already explained in my original post, all graphics options client side ATM. If MA will add one more option there, which will be able to turn night on/off, it will create unfair advantage in PvP zones and during events. If someone with that option turned on will fight against someone with that option turned off.

Even if that option will be forced by server side in PvP/Event Zones, knowing how MA doing thing... I'm absolutely unsure if someone will not find any way to turn it on in such places.
Same already happened with radars off in Contaminated PvP - Radar Exploiting In Contiminated Zone (Radar In No Radar Zones).

I hope I explained that more clear now :)

WBR,
Nikto.

Ace,

Whether you want to buy a new computer or not for EU, eventually you will need to buy one. Your antique system will cough, sputter, and die.

When this happens may I humbly suggest not going to Goodwill to buy a new one, but instead just buying one off the shelf with a discreet graphics processor? Pretty much any laptop, desktop, cube, Macintosh, PC... anything but your basic budget laptop or a tablet, will be able to play EU on high.

This will no longer be an issue for you.

I got my laptop for $400 2 years ago. Its an HP DV7-T. It has a discreet graphics processor and 1 GB of video RAM.

It plays EU on very high at an average frame rate of 30FPS, in crowded zones the frames are usually 18-24, which is absolutely playable and even PvPable.

I illustrate this to hopefully shed some light on a situation. MA does not need to add this silly option for folks who insist on playing EU on a Commodore 64.

Those folks need to stop being cheap and actually buy a system for computer gaming, since they are playing games on a computer.

If you see a screw that needs to be turned, do you grab yourself a blow torch? Do you then, when it doesnt work, demand the blow torch maker add a screwdriver option to their tool so that you can dig in your heels like a stubborn mule and keep using the blowtorch even when you know there is a better option?

Use the right tool for the job and you wont have issues.

And why i can change in torque engine the gamma in window mode? I don't think your right.
I don't think it's a true gamma control then.

Like I already explained in my original post, all graphics options client side ATM. If MA will add one more option there, which will be able to turn night on/off, it will create unfair advantage in PvP zones and during events. If someone with that option turned on will fight against someone with that option turned off.

Even if that option will be forced by server side in PvP/Event Zones, knowing how MA doing thing... I'm absolutely unsure if someone will not find any way to turn it on in such places.
Same already happened with radars off in Contaminated PvP - Radar Exploiting In Contiminated Zone (Radar In No Radar Zones).

I hope I explained that more clear now :)

WBR,
Nikto.
even though I'm against the idea of optional day/night, I find this ridiculous, sorry...

first, there's no unfair advantage in a PvP zone because one person turned the daylight on and the other did not, because they'd both have the option to turn it on, just because one of them didn't turn it on doesn't give an unfair advantage!

That's like saying a guy in PvP wearing Hermes has an unfair advantage over a guy wearing Pixie! They both have the option to use Hermes! If one can't afford Hermes, it's the same as not being able to afford adequate hardware to adjust your lighting settings appropriately! :wise:

and second, to say the option would be unfair because there's a possibility it may be introduced with glitches, well... the game is full of glitches and new things are introduced with glitches all the time, it's up to MA to stay on top of fixing that stuff... but to say it would be unfair to even introduce something because maybe it will be glitched?! The games development would stop dead in it's tracks forever if MA followed that logic! :eyecrazy:

even though I'm against the idea of optional day/night, I find this ridiculous, sorry...

first, there's no unfair advantage in a PvP zone because one person turned the daylight on and the other did not, because they'd both have the option to turn it on, just because one of them didn't turn it on doesn't give an unfair advantage!
I like day/night cycle (like many others) and that was one of few things I was expected to get with CE2. So why I should be forced to turned it off to have equal opportunities with someone, who don't like it? :) And if I wouldn't turn it off another person who did will get unfair advantage. It's not something related to your UI, it's how easy you could spot someone/something during night time.
So what so ridiculous in that? :rolleyes:

That's like saying a guy in PvP wearing Hermes has an unfair advantage over a guy wearing Pixie! They both have the option to use Hermes! If one can't afford Hermes, it's the same as not being able to afford adequate hardware to adjust your lighting settings appropriately! :wise:
Nope, it's absolutely not the same. If someone can't (or don't want) afford Hermes or better hardware it's only his own problem. If you prefer to use this analogy, it's like forcing all to use Pixie, because someone can't / don't want to afford Hermes. ;)
Since that change will force all to turn off day/night cycle in PvP and during Events, to not have disadvantage.
You see the difference here? :)

and second, to say the option would be unfair because there's a possibility it may be introduced with glitches, well... the game is full of glitches and new things are introduced with glitches all the time, it's up to MA to stay on top of fixing that stuff... but to say it would be unfair to even introduce something because maybe it will be glitched?! The games development would stop dead in it's tracks forever if MA followed that logic! :eyecrazy:
Read my statement again, please. IMHO it will open one more way to cheat in PvP/Events. Occam's razor perfectly fits here.

It's not best solution to this issue. World should look same way for all. But introducing nightvision/thermovision goggles and head/weapon flashlights will solve both issues. Another option regions with polar day/night, like IRL.

I love the night, For the night is dark and full of terrors!

I wish some areas were in permanent darkness!

I like day/night cycle (like many others) and that was one of few things I was expected to get with CE2. So why I should be forced to turned it off to have equal opportunities with someone, who don't like it? :) And if I wouldn't turn it off another person who did will get unfair advantage. It's not something related to your UI, it's how easy you could spot someone/something during night time.
So what so ridiculous in that? :rolleyes:
If you choose not to use the option, it's your choice, but the option is there for you to choose... it's not unfair if every player has the same option to make that choice... what you like to do doesn't make it "unfair" for someone else to pick the opposite choice if that's the way they want to do it! If the choice is there for both players, you can't fault someone for picking the more efficient choice rather than the one that's preferred for purely aesthetic reasons!... you are using the word "unfair" incorrectly in that scenario!

Nope, it's absolutely not the same. If someone can't (or don't want) afford Hermes or better hardware it's only his own problem. If you prefer to use this analogy, it's like forcing all to use Pixie, because someone can't / don't want to afford Hermes. ;)
Since that change will force all to turn off day/night cycle in PvP and during Events, to not have disadvantage.
You see the difference here? :)
you don't HAVE to enter events or PvP! If you join an event or enter PvP and you don't WANT to turn on daylight (or can't afford the hardware that supports that)... like you said, "it's your own problem"

It's not best solution to this issue. World should look same way for all...
This I agree with! :yup:

and as I said, I do not support an option to turn on/off day/night... but I just don't agree with your logic for why there should not be such an option, you say it would be unfair, but really it's not at all!

the reason I oppose the option is simply because I like the day/night cycle aspect of the game, and it's really easy enough to adjust your settings to be able to see in the dark! plus the night cycles are very short as is, I see no reason to eliminate it, I think it's a great addition to the game!... If somebody can't find any way to make the very short night cycle bearable, I think they're just being lazy, or self-entitled, or petty, or for whatever unreasonable reason that floats your boat!
(had a little trouble finding a way to say that last part in a way that isn't somewhat offensive I guess, sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings) :silly2:

you don't HAVE to enter events or PvP! If you join an event or enter PvP and you don't WANT to turn on daylight (or can't afford the hardware that supports that)... like you said, "it's your own problem"
You turned it vice versa again. :)
Night time required more hardware power to get appropriate visibility and not day time.

and as I said, I do not support an option to turn on/off day/night... but I just don't agree with your logic for why there should not be such an option, you say it would be unfair, but really it's not at all!
I already explain my opinion several times it would be pointless to repeat it once again. You'll stay with your own opinion about that and I with my :)

Ace,

Whether you want to buy a new computer or not for EU, eventually you will need to buy one. Your antique system will cough, sputter, and die.

When this happens may I humbly suggest not going to Goodwill to buy a new one, but instead just buying one off the shelf with a discreet graphics processor? Pretty much any laptop, desktop, cube, Macintosh, PC... anything but your basic budget laptop or a tablet, will be able to play EU on high.

This will no longer be an issue for you.

I got my laptop for $400 2 years ago. Its an HP DV7-T. It has a discreet graphics processor and 1 GB of video RAM.

It plays EU on very high at an average frame rate of 30FPS, in crowded zones the frames are usually 18-24, which is absolutely playable and even PvPable.

I illustrate this to hopefully shed some light on a situation. MA does not need to add this silly option for folks who insist on playing EU on a Commodore 64.

Those folks need to stop being cheap and actually buy a system for computer gaming, since they are playing games on a computer.

If you see a screw that needs to be turned, do you grab yourself a blow torch? Do you then, when it doesnt work, demand the blow torch maker add a screwdriver option to their tool so that you can dig in your heels like a stubborn mule and keep using the blowtorch even when you know there is a better option?

Use the right tool for the job and you wont have issues.

I will keep this in mind when i get a new laptop! My trusty commodore is still going strong though, so don't expect a new laptop anytime soon!

Rgds

Ace

I can never understand why people are against a sensible OPTION being requested. If you don't like it you'd have the OPTION not to use it :D

Ditto

option and configuration make evryone play the game the way he/she enjoy the most...

Entropia always did lack of option and configuration , saddly...

Bumping this up, just wasted my time trying to get to the cyclops caves, only because of the idiocy and you cannot see anything at night in windowed mode, i fell of the cliff twice.

Bored again of this nighttime in windowed mode

Rgds

Ace

I understand your frustration on this. What I've tended to do, when it really bothers me, is go to another continent. Usually, if it falls into night time on Eudoria, I go to Amethera, voila, daylight again. When that goes to night, back to Eudoria.

I do think it is about time that weapon attachable torches and wearable lighting solutions should be released now. If they were cheap (L) solutions, I think people would be happy with that.

Although, wearing a full on lighting rig at night might aggro more mobs than you would normally expect, or may in fact frighten away lesser mobs!

I would like to see this also. I often find myself ending a hunt early if it's night time.

It definitely worth to add options for who, like me, play in windowed mode :wise:

Well i finally made it into the caves, it is officially unplayable in windowed mode....cannot see anything...

Rgds

Ace

I run in windowed mode and have been in the caves. The experience for me was not too bad. Might I suggest some tweaking on your system to try and improve the situation? You should be able to see your way around in the depths.

I run in windowed mode and have been in the caves. The experience for me was not too bad. Might I suggest some tweaking on your system to try and improve the situation? You should be able to see your way around in the depths.

My Comps a little too poo, i tried increasing shading/shaders, which helped a little, at least round the torches. But away from a wall torch and its pitch black. Putting up other settings means it starts becoming unplayable very quickly

Rgds

Ace

Are there no options on the graphics card settings to play with?

A quick google returned some hits, but the safety of said results I cannot vouch for...

"easy gamma adjustment tool"

It might be your answer to have a tool open to be able to quickly adjust the gamma on the fly, if it works.

Back