Shrapnel/Melee

Aio

Elite
Society
Veterans
Aio Dakina
Don't know why I didn't think of this before.

Right click melee weapon -> repair with shrapnel -> item is repaired to 101% of the value of shrapnel used.

Problem solved?

Don't know why I didn't think of this before.

Right click melee weapon -> repair with shrapnel -> item is repaired to 101% of the value of shrapnel used.

Problem solved?

What about (L) ?

Can we not just accept that melee and ranged weapons have different advantages and disadvantages, and you should make your choice based on what you think is best?

Can we not just accept that melee and ranged weapons have different advantages and disadvantages, and you should make your choice based on what you think is best?

Well some made that decision befor there was shrapnel.
Now its shrapnel in place, should a LVL 100 melee man, start with ranged now to get that advantage, too?

No its not the same.
When John came up with his idea there was no shrapnel, that could be converted into ammo at 101%.
Now we have it.

Melee hunters loot shrapnel aswell, converting it to ammo is useless as we don´t use ammo.
Repair option that uses shrapnel on uL melee weapons, just for fairness, beside that I wouldn´t bother if such an repair tool also could be used for other uL gear like guns, armor, finders, excavators and whatever is not L.

Well L melee still is f..ed but rarly used anyways, it would be like paying markup on ammo.
If markup on L kills the eco advantage of L vs uL nobody buying it. Somewhere at 101-103% already reached.

Don´t know about the newer swords, there is some nice ones around but didn´t check for eco yet.
Well got uL one with max TT above 2k PED, I don´t have to bother about L. That last long enough to do nice hunts, without interception to repair.
Befor I bougt this, I used Kat D, 4 of them and still broke to fast :D

Only L melee I use is, what I loot myself

L items are not repairable.

Well L guns aren´t repairable too, but they can shoot a lot UniAmmo, befor break.
L melee, far less usable untill broken.

Imo you'd have to be a little bit mental to pay MU on an (L) melee weapon but hey ho.

It was just a solution to what I would assume is 75% of melee users. Unfortunatley the whataboutme crowd are always going to have something to whine about (Melee amps? What about mindforce amps! Mindforce amps? What about explosive amps?!)

Personally I'd only use (L) Melee if I looted it myself... and then, you gain an item to use which generates skills, which have a far greater MU than shrapnel at 101.

let shrapnel be used as residue for crafting (L) melee.

Back