Help: Return the "Title,icons,cfd gone?" thread to "PlanetCalypsoForum" section!!!

Which way do you prefer?...

• Total voters

Tycoon

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
kind of insulting to ALL THE FORUM USERS to move the Title,icons,cfd gone? thread to the dead topics section without so much as a statement on the issue from 711!!!...

Especially since we've been asking for YEARS to have these functions reimplemented! Some people paid for CFDs, while others earned them! A lot of effort went into acquiring them one way or another for anyone who was interested in using them!

The entire CFD system has been temporarily disabled while I sort out some performance issues.

Thanks for your patience.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Upgrades to the forum software will be performed tonight, which will hopefully address the performance issues and all the CFD system to be reactivated.

I still have not found a suitable (i.e. secure and reliable) replacement for the forum add-on that powered the old CFD system.

Until such an add-on system can be implemented and tested, the CFD system will remain on hold. However, rest assured that all members' CFD balances are stored safely in the forum database.
so this is what we're told, then it's all just dumped as a dead topic with no notice?

at least give out the icons?! I see no 'security threat' in that! :wise:

This is not a dead topic!!! :dunce:

Last edited:
You realise those icons we used to have, were able to steal our password info and banking details right? :cool:

Joking apart, it would be great to have them back. :yup:

kind of insulting to ALL THE FORUM USERS to move the Title,icons,cfd gone? thread to the dead topics section without so much as a statement on the issue from 711!!!...

Especially since we've been asking for YEARS to have these functions reimplemented! Some people paid for CFDs, while others earned them! A lot of effort went into acquiring them one way or another for anyone who was interested in using them!

so this is what we're told, then it's all just dumped as a dead topic with no notice?

at least give out the icons?! I see no 'security threat' in that! :wise:

This is not a dead topic!!! :dunce:
yes please!!:yup:

I miss those features as well. It was fun to browse the available icon options and see which ones I qualified for and what I could afford with my CFDs.

:(

This thread needs a poll.

would like to hear from 711!

(doubt he doesn't see this, but betting he's ignored it so far) :dunno:
I don't think 711 would try to sweep the loss of this important forum functionality under the rug without any kind of update or apology. After all, some people paid real money for their EFDs. (Not to 711, tho.)

:dunno:

I had given up on the return of those features, which made this forum just that bit more fun and interesting.

I had also given up on taming...

so perhaps......

The third-party addon that powered the old CFD system was plagued with security issues and bugs, and was therefore disabled.

Unfortunately, I have not yet found a suitable alternative forum currency/shop addon to get the CFD system back up and running again.

I will keep investigating periodically, as new forum mods are released all the time.

The third-party addon that powered the old CFD system was plagued with security issues and bugs, and was therefore disabled.

Unfortunately, I have not yet found a suitable alternative forum currency/shop addon to get the CFD system back up and running again.

I will keep investigating periodically, as new forum mods are released all the time.

Thank you for reply.
Hope you will find some nice and secure mod soon.

Well i'd love to see the old rep bars and stars back, icons would also be nice

Is there anything that can be done to bring back some of the fun features?

We seem to have a huge % of contributors with the "full" rep, before there was so much more distinction. I loved our wee achievement buttons/icons. And how we could throw around CFd willy nilly!!

My subscription is up this week, I am all for contributing to the forum as I enjoy being here and very much like my pink profile page! But with many of the features now gone, I am kinda questioning if its an expense I really need.... Please encourage me to keep subscribing ;)

Last edited:

new forum mods are released all the time, yet CFD system been gone for years! :ahh:

CFD's aside... are the rep bars, icons, and other customizations also plagued by security issues? :scratch2:

can we just have those, without a currency system? what's the harm in giving us those? It adds some fun to the forums, and if we have all the things you'd purchase with CFD's we would have no need to re-implement a function that causes security risks!

I just don't see the point in holding the forum functions hostage for years waiting on the CFD's to work, how does that benefit anyone? seems kinda pointless after so long! :dunno:

Back