Sid Meiers - Colonization Paintings

Kimmi

Slayer
Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
Hello

Do any of you know if these paintings exist IRL.
I doubt they are copys of existing paitings, but maybe they are based on some painting that does exist.
...or maybe someone made paintings from this game in recent years.

capture_317923.jpg

capture1.jpg

colonization_screenshot2.jpg

There are more paintings in this computer game, but I guess you guys get what Im after.

most of those paintings are based on Christopher Columbus and the discovery of new world. If you search google, you will find similarities, so it definitely is inspired by those events.

most of those paintings are based on Christopher Columbus and the discovery of new world. If you search google, you will find similarities, so it definitely is inspired by those events.

I know the history of "the new world" very very very well :)

But Im asking help to find these paintings.

I know the history of "the new world" very very very well :)

But Im asking help to find these paintings.

Thing is, those paintings don't exist... just as you mentioned in your OP, unless someone has painted them, they simply don't exist.

Your best chance is to either find paintings appearing close to the in game ones, or simply hire an graduate art student and pay him/her couple of bucks to recreate those in game paintings in Baroque style. It shouldn't give you much difficulty finding people who can do that.

Land Ho was obviously done by Bob Kathman. I presume other paintings are his as well.

And yeah, I found this out by RTFcredits.txt. :p

edit: found some more at Kathman's other site. (in the last slideshow)

Last edited:
Back