Question: Pricing of regular vs. i.e E.L.M weapon

Salo

Guardian
Society
Rotary International Entertainment
Salonga Salo Calypso
Hello fellow Entropians,

I have been browsing auction for carbines I could use and came across the EWE LC-240.

There are regular and E.L.M. versions on the auction. The regular ones are at about 150% which translates to roughly +110 ped tt on a full weapon.
Now there are the E.L.M. versions for about +220 ped (22000%)

I compared both and the decay of the regular weapon seems to be adressed in the E.L.M. version through higher ammo consumption. So far so good. Looks like both weapons are about the same in cost/shot. How come the E.L.M. versions are so much more expensive? Am I mission something? Do you get double the uses out of them? (couldn not find anything about this)

Please help me understand this.

Thanks

Salo

If both are full TT the regular one cost you 156+78 = 234 PED, the ELM one is roughly 220 PED. I think that's why they are expensive.

EDIT: The decay on LC-240 ELM on entropedia seems to be wrong.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the difference in pricing is due to the "amount" of actual PEDs you need to fork out in order to buy the gun.

Usually, the regular version is "cheaper" in mu due to the fact that it will end up costing you to fork out more PEDs to acquire the gun.

The ELM version is "more expensive" in mu because its only 1 PED TT and so if you factor in the mu...it will still be less PEDs to buy than the regular one.

However...my call is that you buy the "cheaper" one in terms of dmg/pec AFTER you factor in their mus.

Hope it helps.
^_^

Ok, thanks for the replies.

the +110 in my first post is wrong, thanks for putting down the right number Angel O2 Mercer.

So to sum this up...

Regular 156 tt + 78 mu = 234 Ped
E.L.M. 1 tt + 219 mu = 220 Ped ...+additional ammo used compared to regular version. Assuming it has the same amount of uses this adds another 160,786 Ped to the bill. Total of 360.8 Ped

So does anyone know how many uses the elm version has?

Just from memory, I did post something in a thread some time ago regarding it.

I used E.L.M. guns (Kallous-5?) at ~3000% MU, which I think was already too much in order for it's eco to be comparable with the normal version. But soon enough MU jumped at ~25000-30000%, and people still bought them even if the eco would be horrendous at that price.

Is just an example of how some players would pay a LOT of extra ped without considering all aspects -aka MU.

The idea was that instead to fork over 200 PED on a gun and keep those PED stuck on the weapon as it decays, to spend just 30 PED and use the rest for ammo, get loot, sell it and buy some more ammo etc. Could take a while until those initial 20 USD would get depleted giving some days of playing.

After reading the thread my suspicions were confirmed. Thanks everyone for the input!:wise:

Back