Unbalanced loot or just the new standard?

The only people that seem to be whining are those who cycle thousands of ped per hunting run and end up with stacks big enough to sell!

For those of us who do smaller runs, the loot distribution is much better imo. No more 2 ped extractor, 5 ped residue 3 ped paint etc. Now my runs are, yes mostly ammo and shrapnel but also a large chunk of a (mob) specific oil which is more incentive for me to hold because the markup is on the increase and it does not take as much time to accumulate a profitable stack.

On a personal note I carry over Shrapnel till I have enough to do a full run and for me it has worked out nicely. I have never had a better time since the update and the past week or two has turned out to be very profitable.

What I would say is that the actual BLP/Weapon cells portion of the loot should really be changed back to pure peds.

I would change the times you hunt if you mostly hunt the same time of hour per day. Or change the mob or location. You said you lost a lot and that could be due to being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. So if you play during the same hours more or less change area instead and see if things pick up.

Change the time not doable for people that actually have a job RL, they can only play at their free time, what normally is the same time every day.

Changing mob/server is another thing, thats surely doable.
And surely a good advice.

Now i doub't how that change might help in anything as various stackables is so small part of any loot that for people doing 200-300 peds ammo runs with 3x -5x such bankroll those stackables go to TT anyway as there is now way u can put them on auction. With smaller bankrols and beginer players it's even worse.

So nice cunning from MA side. Either u keep so big bankrol ( make depo ) to stack that few % of loot each run or u lose even tiny bits of MU u could get. Oh..MA gave 101 % automaticaly from shrapnels but when u shoot it out in the field in reality u get again 90% out of their TT.

I have a bit hard to understand your arguing. If the players needs a 50 ped stack of items to be suitable to sell on the auction, he still needs a 50 ped stack on both before and after the change. So if he in the old system had three different types of loot, he had three 50 ped stacks to fill up, in the new system he only have to 50 ped stacks. So in the player is actually having a smaller amount of peds stuck in the loot stacks. More TT food like ammo will also probably increase the MU on the stables looted a bit and compensate for the lack of stackables in the globals.

I have a bit hard to understand your arguing. If the players needs a 50 ped stack of items to be suitable to sell on the auction, he still needs a 50 ped stack on both before and after the change. So if he in the old system had three different types of loot, he had three 50 ped stacks to fill up, in the new system he only have to 50 ped stacks. So in the player is actually having a smaller amount of peds stuck in the loot stacks. More TT food like ammo will also probably increase the MU on the stables looted a bit and compensate for the lack of stackables in the globals.

Certain things in loot before this change, for myself, were TT garbage. Oils and wools and hides I crafted with so I stacked those. Sometimes I sold them, but in general, I crafted with them. Now, I can tell you the amount of wools I have gotten since this change... all three (excluding exaro) I can count on one hand. Unless I buy some wool, apparently I will never ever stack enough to do one click ever again. Why the hell should I have to buy what I should be getting from hunting?

My GF started playing, she's doing punies and real small mobs... She gets skildeks in her loot when she gets rare loots that aren't 2-3 pec of shrapnel/ammo and a bone sample... to what purpose? Where's the explosive projectiles to use with them? What's she supposed to do with it? Put it on auction? At 1 ped, sure it's like a 23pec profit, but why the hell would anyone buy it? And after it doesn't sell you are at -41 pec from TT. It's just more tt garbage. What lesson is MA trying to teach new players? certainly not how to stack loot and sell it to other players.

People came up with suggestions on how to deal with every stackable having low MU... make it useful. I don't recall removing stackables as being the top suggestion. But hey, now we don't have to worry about trivial crap like, "Did my stuff sell?" anymore.

i dont play much now but what i can see what people are posting and what i think is going to happen it not going to improve mu why

when i played and whit other most poeple tt there stuff so if every one now save it there going to be still a surplus tooo much still out there for what going to be use

also if the other stuff that crafted dont raise up no one going to buy just to trow in the tt machine

one of the biggest problem there too many diferent item craftable stuff and other item like gun and armour and so on they keep putting new stuff out there new stuff shoulc come to a halt not anouf people for what out there the loot system is porely settup

they waited too long before they acted i will wait another 6 month before playing again but i dont see any improvement

I spent since VU 15.0 of 54k peds hunting. Same mob than bevore VU. My average TT return after VU is 15% lower than before. In loot have about 50% of shrapnel. If loot system was balanced well sharpen should be converted to ammo at 130% TT rate to have same results as before VU. Im not commenting changes if they are good or bad. I think only that there is something wrong with it.

The idea of sharapnel and reduced generic loot is to increase MU on the reduced generic loot.
The idea itself is good.

The way they introduced it was bad.

They should have introduced it slowly. Then the MU could increase slowly too.
Now we have the big change and have to live with the still low MU.

I hope the MU on the generic loot will raise soon.

The idea of sharapnel and reduced generic loot is to increase MU on the reduced generic loot.
The idea itself is good.

Indeed!

But then I need to ask. What if they didn't screwed all the craft loot (and also mining and hunting loot) with that modified loot in jan/fev 2013 would we need this change now?

One of the two:

Or this is a road map of 10 years that MA is progressively introducing where we will end with a completely different game.

Or MA is more stupid than a dumb and is now trying to fix the things that they broke almost 2 years ago with that modified loot crap!

Thank you

You should consider going to play hello kitty adventures or something more meaningful if you hate this game so much, the_profit. You're getting quite tedious.

As to the OP and the parlog, shrapnel change is to allow you to hunt further. The player base asked for it. It might be dropping too much but I happen to like it... could just tone it down a hair and include a melee weapon repair provision for us arcsparkers. Least I also have ranged in my mix.

For loudmouth, nonsib weapons are out of favor. People are wiseing up about econess of hunting. There are also many other alternatives available.. including higher level pirons after this last vu.

As for someone's comment about needing 7 times more hofs or whatever.. this is nonsense. You just need to live in markup. This is a zero sum game (minus decay). Those that you say have swallowed it (insert joke here) have simply learned the new systems and have adapted. The rest either expected loot to fly out of their ass or are paying the price for ignoring the penalty of uneco setups whether directly by the Weaponry used or indirectly through effective dpp by hunting over his or her level through excessive armor decay.

Perhaps instead of bitching about the misfortune, it would be rather important to understand what the more successful people in game are doing and more importantly why. I've learned quite a lot in the last couple of months and while being heavily ribbed by friends about my gear indecision, it has worked out well.

If you live by TT, you will die in TT. If you live in markup, you will prosper.

Thank you for saying something positive - I am a fairly new player played before for a short time and am playing now again when I have time and I am so tired of coming to the forum only to read negativity

Muscle oil for example is already at 109 and rising as are other items. I don't find it slow at all. What they need to do now is roll out the pp update and bring the other planets inline with caly asap.

I kinda like it now. And I do cycle a lot of ped. Some future adjustements I would like to see however.

What I would see are steps towards fully removing the regular ammunition from loot. Fill up with more shrapnel and increased tt value for the looted limited items.

Im clueless what to fill the remainder though, since I dont believe increasing the oil drops is a good move.

Edit: make the contianers that are used tomake enhancers be dropped in loot instead of bought in tt...

At the moment i am loving it . Has to be said i am a low level hunter hunting low level mob(s).MU was a dream before the VU and now i am getting constant and fast selling 7-9 ped MU after 150 ped amo runs. It helps a lot with the losses .

Back