Question: It hunting on the way out ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have been taking a break the last 5 or 6 weeks hunting punys around Icarus, saving money (less than 100 USD during that time) and I have to say having a bit of fun with the hunting. Nothing great, a couple of 5-6 ped globals and one monster of 16 ped :laugh:. I did not hunt any big mobs during that time and today I decided I would try a few argos and feffoxs. I had not hunted big mobs since the introduction of the shards as loot. I did a 100 ped run on feffoxs and lost my butt and I also noticed a lot of shards and not many items but didn't think too much about it. Then I did a 200 ped run on argos I got exactly different 5 items in loot, none of which had any MU at all. Moreover, I cashed in and got 117 ped of which was 61 ped worth of shards. I thought, "that doesn't seem right" so I did 1 more 100 ped run and again 5 items in loot and the rest in shards around 30 ped almost half of the loot which was 77 ped total. Not a single eye oil and just 39 hides and the rest junk in the 200 ped run. Nothing like before.

I don't know about anyone else but one of the reasons I hunt is to get good or valuable items in loot not a bunch shards. If the possibility of getting good items in loot is all but gone then that is a bad thing. It makes me re-think about the game and if I want to continue to put money in a game that appears to have very little chance of anything good in loot.

You can call this a whine or whatever but I am concerned that this could be the beginning of the end for me as I don't like crafting or mining, I just like to hunt. I hate to think of tossing 7 years of play and finally reaching levels of over 80 in hunting damage and hit abilities. I am not exactly happy but not sure what to do.

What level argos did you hunt? Something is definitely odd about your experience, because they drop a rather large amount of eye oil. My runs on argos are 500 kills each (usually about 550 ped spent) and I'd say I average anywhere from 2k to 2.5k eye oils.

It's also odd that you got hides, because I haven't gotten a single animal hide off of an argo since the loot change. Maybe you're hunting higher level than me? (I'm hunting lvl 5s through 10s).

The reason your resources dont have MU is because the new VU hasnt been around for more than a few days, MU will slowly start to climb on resources.

I think its a good change, i used to tt alot since it felt hopeless to save 55 different types of resources in storage, now when doing a mission i can focus on saving the resources, selling or converting the schrapnels and look forward with faith.

Give it some time, MA think and plan in terms of years, while the average player think in terms of next tt and repair visit.

And it seems L weapons are less common in loot, and if they drop its not as many full tt as it used to be, this means MU on looted items will rise, and value of UL gear will stabilize, faith in the market restored.

As said, i cant see anything wrong with this VU.

Since the update I've looted a bunch of great stuff. A UL MF chip to mention one thing. On top of that a few L weapons that are suitable for my level and some limited chips and faps.

So yes, items are still dropping. I just don't get why everyone expects to loot an imk2 every time they hunt for an hour.

Edit: And turns out, I've even looted pixie parts!

Last edited:
About Argo
CozMoDan said:
Not a single eye oil
Something is definitely odd about your experience, because they drop a rather large amount of eye oil.
I wonder, could it have become area/spawn-dependent too? Let's take argo as example, could f.ex. the twins spawn have different loot compared to new switz?

Just a longshot, that would be both quick and not-very-expensive to check.

Or maybe you have to try that craft/mining more often and i am sure result will be not bad :) Last couple weeks i too almost stop mining and got some nice levels in hunt but ped card go dry and dry and dry :smoke::yup:

Sorry all I said argos when I meant troxes, I know, I know stupid. I hunted young to domis but mostly prov and up and young to provs feffoxs.

To Ermik: I really wasn't concerned with the MU as much as the lack of items. I beg to differ with you in MA thinking in terms of years as I have never seen any indication of that type of thinking due to the number of patches that come right after each VU.

To Skeptic: I am glad to hear that as it tells me that there is hope for me, I think:).

Of course as I said I have not done much depoing lately except the 100 USD yesterday and regardless of what MA says I think it does play a part in loot.

Anyway thanks all for the posts.

Ark still has a wide variety of loot in the tables and it is more refined. Perhaps Calypso isnt for you right now.

To Ermik: I really wasn't concerned with the MU as much as the lack of items. I beg to differ with you in MA thinking in terms of years as I have never seen any indication of that type of thinking due to the number of patches that come right after each VU.

Patch issues are a technical thing, my point was that MA think in terms of years when it comes to slowly changing the universe to keep the challenge up. The strategy is in terms of years, thats why its so hard to see for the day to day player.

Lack of items? ofcourse there is a lack of items, the whole point is to create a market for them, wich just isnt possible if its possible to loot what you need in a few hunts.

This VU is probably the best VU for hunters in many many years, let some time fly past and im sure you will see it aswell.

Dont give up.

besides, its not that odd to get a low return on such a small sample, 100 ped on feffox young-PROV

Whats that, like 5 mobs in a hunt?

besides, its not that odd to get a low return on such a small sample, 100 ped on feffox young-PROV

isn't 5 mobs!!! C'mon!!! :laugh:
but I agree 100 PED for Feffox is nothing

isn't 5 mobs!!! C'mon!!! :laugh:
but I agree 100 PED for Feffox is nothing

Was meerely making a point :)

A young cost around 5.20 ped to kill, a provider cost around 14 ped to kill, so depending on what maturity you go for yes, sample gets really really small.

I agree this is not a big sample for feffox however 300 ped on troxes is IMO. But my complaint was not necessarily the return but the lack of items. Like nothing in the box but ammo. I still can't not agree with a long term view that you seem to think MA has, just thought I would throw that in and will not change my view as I am sure you will not.

Ok now for the kicker. I decided that I would do a couple of kerbie missions as I am a little tired of punys. I get many items, by comparison to feffox and atrox and moreover, I get a 67,122, and 12 ped glogals. I am not even sure I have ever got a global on a kerbie before and I killed 1000s early on when I started playing. I may have got what would be considered a global by today's standard like the 12 pedder but I can't remember a 50 ped global like it used to take. Anyway maybe I am just hunting the wrong mob:). BTW that was a 50 ped run on the kerbies/

I wrote something similar to your post today - about how bad my returns were on several mobs. I thought the change in shrapnel would help me in giving that 1% extra in ammo that I used to get from the TT from all the crap I'd feed it. It didn't help at all and it seemed my returns were worse than ever. I too came from a break period and made a nice deposit. Yea maybe MA is saying "NOO NOO, that's not enough for all that time off! How dare you! Pay up!" :laugh:

The reason your resources dont have MU is because the new VU hasnt been around for more than a few days, MU will slowly start to climb on resources.

I think its a good change, i used to tt alot since it felt hopeless to save 55 different types of resources in storage, now when doing a mission i can focus on saving the resources, selling or converting the schrapnels and look forward with faith.

Give it some time, MA think and plan in terms of years, while the average player think in terms of next tt and repair visit.

And it seems L weapons are less common in loot, and if they drop its not as many full tt as it used to be, this means MU on looted items will rise, and value of UL gear will stabilize, faith in the market restored.

As said, i cant see anything wrong with this VU.

Here's what concerns me, and I'd guess many others who can't afford (UL) items. I rely on these (L) item drops armor, weapons, chips, etc.. because of their affordability. This allows me to use surplus ped to play. I don't have, and won't depo, to tie-up 1K's of ped in (UL) equipment. If less (L) items drop, or cost of ingredients to make these items increase due to scarcity, then the cost to continue just increases for me, and or many of us. My surplus ped will then be used to pay for higher priced items I need to play and leaves less ped to actually play.

I always felt that the better (UL) equipment was ridiculously over priced and was way out of reach for many of us, so we rely on (L) items to obtain the same benefits. The recent trend in price reductions for some of the (UL) items gave me a glint of hope that maybe, just maybe, some day I could actually afford them. But if their prices stabilize or increase, then owning any of these items is just a continued fantasy. And if the cost of (L) items increases to an extreme because of scarcity, then continuing in EU becomes a struggle. Puny and Young mob will be most hunted in game.

Ok now for the kicker. I decided that I would do a couple of kerbie missions as I am a little tired of punys. I get many items, by comparison to feffox and atrox and moreover, I get a 67,122, and 12 ped glogals. I am not even sure I have ever got a global on a kerbie before and I killed 1000s early on when I started playing. I may have got what would be considered a global by today's standard like the 12 pedder but I can't remember a 50 ped global like it used to take. Anyway maybe I am just hunting the wrong mob:). BTW that was a 50 ped run on the kerbies/

Grats )

I often find that once dry runs are followed by good runs even on lower mobs to compensate.

I hunt 600 ped ammo a run, I average 2-3 globals per hunt, regardless of mob. Of that, I typically get one (L) item per run.

Between transaction and conversion free deposits (webstore), 101% ammo loot, and rising markups hunting is seeing some good changes, that really add up in the end. I like Hunting even more.

I am intrigued about the wonderful markup you use to get on 100 ped ammo on feffox before the update?????? :eyecrazy:

Rgds

Ace

I am intrigued about the wonderful markup you use to get on 100 ped ammo on feffox before the update?????? :eyecrazy:

Rgds

Ace

Silly I scam noobs and sell it to them telling them it is special ammo that will grantee huge returns, JUST KIDDING. If you note I said I wasn't really talking about MU but the lack of items in the loot. Without items there is absolutely no chance of getting anything with MU. In my hunting yesterday I received 2 items with a little MU, both guns, one's MU was low 8-10 percent and the value was low so I TTed it, the other was 15% which I was able to sell and get a little extra, that is what I was talking about. Does that make sense to you ?

Grats )

I often find that once dry runs are followed by good runs even on lower mobs to compensate.

I hunt 600 ped ammo a run, I average 2-3 globals per hunt, regardless of mob. Of that, I typically get one (L) item per run.

Between transaction and conversion free deposits (webstore), 101% ammo loot, and rising markups hunting is seeing some good changes, that really add up in the end. I like Hunting even more.

I agree absolutely, I just didn't think I would get that much loot on that small run on Kerbies.

I like to kill at least 250-500 of the same mobs. Even better if you can team hunt and kill 1000+ in a session imo.

I've had some bad runs, losing 50% (tt returns) and I've had some good runs...my last run I made almost 100%(tt returns) profit which was my best ever.

I'm trying to play as eco as possible 2.95dmg/pec (higher is just to big an investment in gear, lower and I just wouldn't bother hunting) and try to hunt mobs I can kill before they can hit me.

I've not had any rares drop yet but feel i'm not losing money and if I am losing very slowly.

I always try to hunt mobs that give the best MU items based on current market price.

So for me hunting is on the way up!

I hate Trox! from small to enormous i.ve never had anything good from them and the returns have always sucked for me.

Back