Mining enhancer break rates?

kingofaces

Stalker
Tony KingofAces Hans
Has anyone done testing on how often mining enhancers break on either L or UL tools? I'm personally keeping stats on excavator efficiency enhancers right now, but I'm kind of curious if anything has especially been done on depth enhancers, or anything else for that matter really. It should be possible to figure out how eco say a finder with depth enhancers compares to a finder with a similar inherent depth if someone burns through enough enhancers and keeps track of how many uses each one lasts for.

No serious testing, but definately to fast.
Stopped using enhancers on finder

No serious testing, but definately to fast.
Stopped using enhancers on finder

Saw the same too since I use limited finders, but enhancers now last a lot longer on UL items. As far as UL excavators go with my testing right now there might be something worthwhile, but I've got to burn through a few more enhancers to make sure it's not just a statistical fluke.

Using only UL things here, not recording also but.
It's seems good on excavator (T1 with speed enhancers), but damn, it break so fast on finder (T4 with depth enhancers) .. I've lost around 10 enhancers on 600 drops yesterday, sometimes 3 in a row.:confused:

If some real hunters could tell, I didn't had that feeling with my weapons (T3 and T5 with damage enhancers). I'll look forward and try to count this time.

A real test needs to be done, but as mentioned.. too fast.

As far as I can see there is really no real reason for people to use (L) finders at all, which is bad.

A real test needs to be done, but as mentioned.. too fast.

As far as I can see there is really no real reason for people to use (L) finders at all, which is bad.

You typically get lower decay with increased depth depending on what the markup is on L finders. For instance the F-104 has a 54.5 m range and 432.9 depth with a decay of 1.63 PEC. The F-211 (L) has 55 range, 472.6 depth, and 1.585 PEC decay when I bought my last one (some time ago back when I still used them) at 117.75% MU.

The irony I'm often finding is that unless someone wants to use enhancers to have them last longer, there's usually no reason to use UL finders unless you're having trouble finding an equivalent L finder at decent markup. The key thing is to include markup in the decay calculations and compare to the decay of the UL finder. I haven't updated prices for a little bit, but at least a few months ago, I could find a deeper and cheaper L finder for pretty much every UL finder out there.

On the last 500 drops with a F-106 T4

3x enhancers I
3x enhancers II
3x enhancers III
2x enhancers IV

11 enhancers

TK220... (776.1m) = 5.94 pec/drop (finder @ 150%)
F106 T4 (755.2m) = 8.44 pec/drop (enhancers @ 275%)
TerraM4 (741.3m) = 5.21 pec/drop (finder @ 140%)

Ok, this is only 500 drops but :scratch2:

(...)
As far as I can see there is really no real reason for people to use (L) finders at all (...)
Are you sure ?

TK220... (776.1m) = 5.94 pec/drop (finder @ 150%)
F106 T4 (755.2m) = 8.44 pec/drop (enhancers @ 275%)
TerraM4 (741.3m) = 5.21 pec/drop (finder @ 140%)

Are you saying you had 11 enhancers specifically break during those 500 drops? If so, it's definitely not looking good for UL finder depth enhancers

I'm not keeping records either
but I have enh. in slot 1-2-3 in my F-105
bought 3x25 early in the summer and since then I forget 'em :)
July made few runs but August was a month of mining runs for me.
So I think I'v done about 50-55 runs (of 30 drops/45 PED each) with this quantity.
Already lost some but seem to me they brake hard.
Once I lost 3 with 3 drops in row but that was an exception (scared me and thought something broke! lol)
acceptable average for me it's 1 loss every run for all 3 slots

PS I'm convinced that enh. loss is totaly dynamic, so luck is No1 factor.

Last edited:
Are you saying you had 11 enhancers specifically break during those 500 drops?

Yes ! It's a T4 tool tho, another test could be interesting. Maybe with a T10 ? :laugh:

I'd like to assume the break rates are the same regardless of tier just from simplicity's sake. :p It would get expensive to test the different combinations.

Back