My Recent Shared Loot Experience

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Recently there was a shared loot event featuring Big Bulk. Me likeie this type of event, so off I went.

There were large groups of players just blasting away a mob then moving on to the nearest red dot. Rinse. Repeat.

No one asked "Hey, can I join?" We simply did. People came and left all day long.

However, during part of the event, I somehow (can't recall how I made this mistake but...) ended up shooting a mob that was only being attacked by two ubers being fapped by another person. (Again, can't recall the names. Doesn't matter anyway.)

I simply assumed they didn't want someone hunting with them, and even though it was shared loot, and I could have sponged off their hunting, it simply would have made them unhappy, and frankly I wouldn't have had as much fun either knowing I was just making enemies.

So I wished them happy hoffing and left to go join the big public hunting group again. They didn't ask me to leave. They didn't have to.

Also, there were plenty of occasions where we were in the same location as single hunters. I recall Slither there once. Did our group start running toward him shooting his mob? Nope. We moved on shooting other red dots that weren't already being attacked.

Sure, technically we could have ran over the single hunters, swallowing up their kills. But no one in the groups I was with did.

The result? Everyone had a great time. :yay:

Sometimes, there's a difference between being technically able to do something and being polite.

If there's ever a doubt in shared loot, hunt with groups where you are obviously welcome. Please don't intrude on others hunting just because it's technically allowed.

Hint: Hunting next to a single hunter means that you will get agrroed on quite often. And if you are that weak (especially when the ubers simply stop shooting so you get the full agro) then you die more often. BUT if you simply find a "free-for-all" group, you'll get hit less, die less, and enjoy more. Everyone will.

Yeah, obviously I made this post since I was too late to reply to a closed thread. The thread being closed was the right call. However, the issue of "Shared Loot Etiquette" has been an issue for quite some time.

Just sayin'.

Well etiquette is important, I remember a BB in the past, where I and team (my former soc), tried these mobs.
For some of us it was first time that we have had seen BB ingame.
Our DMG/s was quit low, compared to what other had that time.

What happend, some big Soc team showed up and shot always exactly that mobs we started to shot, we got nothing but loss. After a few failed attempts to get any loot out of these BBs we gave up and left.

And now exactly some of these so called UBERs complain when my and some others shoot at "their" mobs in a shared loot area ?

I don´t get it.
Killstealing practiced by UBERs was exactly the reason why shared loot got introduced on such mobs.

No need to complain, even if it is not nice behavior.
Most of you UBERs haven´t been nice to low/mid level players in the past aswell.

well JC not against you, those UBERs I am revering to very likely know exactly who I mean.

I prefer folks show good etiquette regardless of their skill level, gear, etc. Sure, bad apples are in every group, but... Well you know the saying.

I also made this post to point the good things that can happen. Less bitching about the bad. Point gets shared.

You said it better than i could have... +rep :)

I agree with this entirely. Etiquette is important while hunting. And yes it can be argued that "if you don't like hunting shared loot then don't do it" which I'd be more than happy to do if you can find me a non-shared bug bulk spawn. But that isn't possible atm!
Big bulks have always been a good mob to grind on that drop decent markup (gazzurdite) and potential for big loots including UL items.
I've done my fair share of soloing these shared big bulk and there's been plenty of times I've been encountered by other hunters that want to hunt too. Some ask to shoot and others just assume it's okay. In my opinion, it's not fair for one person to do all the DPS and take all the decay and then let's say... Global/hof or even Ul item goes to this avatar that is just there trying to leech off of the person able to solo them? Will I see a share of the item for my ability to take all the aggro, all decay and do more dps? No!
My solution has been to either ask nicely to stop shooting, or stop shooting and let it aggro them if they don't respond in local. So far, in each case that avatar had a quick trip to the revive.
When it's only 2 people shooting and I'm taking all the decay and doing most DPS while you have potential to get items. That's a loss for me if I've been mostly soloing and then that nice loot happens to drop the one or two mobs you try to get in on..

etiquette?

etiquette? what etiquette?

where was the etiquette of the uber members of some swedish soc when they mob-trained JUST FOR FUN a regular player skilling alone in the middle of nowhere because of "being technically able to do it"

where was the etiquette of an ex-moderator of this forum not to close, but to DELETE the whole thread, even if the proof (screenies) was provided?... of course, again, because of "being technically able to do it"...

where was the etiquette of some now-ubers bidding against friends of mine for HOURS every 5 minute, just to resell an item with 5 peds profit? again, because of "being technically able to do it"...

where is the etiquette of an uber when STEALING loot worth real money when he is killing a miner in lootable pvp? .. because of "being technically able to do it"...? and I can use the same argument as above, I`d mine somewhere else but I don`t have a decent pyrite spawn...

let me tell you 1 thing: good morning, wake up from your dreams.
there is no such thing as etiquette.
there is only a jungle, in game and on the forum aswell.
and yes, there are such things as respect and friendship and politness, but only with a very few close people...

my 2 pecs.

I agree with JC and Azzah, If I am out hunting bulks and I stop shooting after you did to let you die don't come back 3 more times if you can't handle them solo. I ain't taking the decay for you unless I invited you out there to begin with!

where was the etiquette ... because of "being technically able to do it"

My point exactly. :yup:

Thanks for reading my posts thoroughly and comprehending my words.

etiquette? what etiquette?

where was the etiquette of the uber members of some swedish soc when they mob-trained JUST FOR FUN a regular player skilling alone in the middle of nowhere because of "being technically able to do it"

where was the etiquette of an ex-moderator of this forum not to close, but to DELETE the whole thread, even if the proof (screenies) was provided?... of course, again, because of "being technically able to do it"...

where was the etiquette of some now-ubers bidding against friends of mine for HOURS every 5 minute, just to resell an item with 5 peds profit? again, because of "being technically able to do it"...

where is the etiquette of an uber when STEALING loot worth real money when he is killing a miner in lootable pvp? .. because of "being technically able to do it"...? and I can use the same argument as above, I`d mine somewhere else but I don`t have a decent pyrite spawn...

let me tell you 1 thing: good morning, wake up from your dreams.
there is no such thing as etiquette.
there is only a jungle, in game and on the forum aswell.
and yes, there are such things as respect and friendship and politness, but only with a very few close people...

my 2 pecs.

"Technically you can" shoot the mob I'm trying to solo, because it is shared loot but when you don't have armor, hp, evade, or a fap strong enough to handle a few shots from this big bulk gen 1, I will gladly let you die. So, in essence, technically you can't!

And pvp4 is totally different. That's why you get the big warning Lootable PvP when you enter. The whole point is to risk being looted at the reward of 200% mark up of pyrite.

I don't know anything about the rest of what you mentioned.

Good luck
Azzah

That's why you get the big warning Lootable PvP when you enter. The whole point is to risk being looted [...]

That's why you get the big warning Shared Loot . The whole point is to share the loot ...

So called etiquette is often demanded and introduced by people powerful enough to break it at any time when they please and think its for their advantage.

Where is the bargain of an "etiquette deal" for the weak ? Some people act high and mighty like they own the game and make the rules. Its not about respect, its all about greed.

Yes sure, it is very noble and nice to leave someone solo a BB , there isn't a shortage of them there is no rule or law that grant anyone the right to solo a shared loot mob. While its noble to leave someone alone hunting their BB solo its not automatically evil and imfamous to decide against it and tag on that mobs. With a little bit of tolerance im sure the hunting fields are big enough to avoid people that tag on your mobs. Its not like everyone is doing it, the ammount of people who goes for it is kinda low to the ammount of the people that dosn't. Respect is a two edged blade, you cant expect everyone obey a self proclaimed rule while on the lower end and not giving back any respect to people who decide that such rules are disturb their freedom to act along mindarks rules and shoot the BB.

*not directed at JC

SIMPLE RULES FOR THE CONVOLUTED PREACHY REDUNDANTS

1. It is shared
2. Anyone can shoot it.
3. If you don't want someone shooting it, move, or let him die.

ANY other diatribe is useless.

Some people will shoot whatever they want at shared, some will respect someone soloing and choose a different mob. Can you change that by changing them? Hell no.

SO: Stop trying to say that one is wrong or right. THE ONLY ONUS ON ANYONE AT SHARED IS FOR A HUNTER WHO DECIDES TO SHOOT ALONE TO EITHER STOP SHOOTING OR MOVE IF HE WANTS TO BE SOLO, AND SOMEONE TRIES TO GET UP IN HIS SHIT. Period.

Every thread and post that delves into solo hunters "tanking and decay" and brings up other hunters "sponging" off them is arrogant and pointless. Anyone who enters a shared loot area and shoots at a mob GIVES UP the right to whine about decay because they are a tough "Uber", and someone else is a weak noob.

It is inherent in shared loot that this will happen, and so the only thing a solo hunter should ever say is "can you stop", and if they don't then move or let him die.

All this preaching on the forum is so silly. And asking for etiquette? HAHAHA. That request goes over like a turd in a punchbowl in EU and you all know it. So, move or stop shooting....but for dog's sake shaddddup with the whining.

This issue is just an excuse for smug hunters to indirectly show others they are better than them. Nothing more nothing less.

The locked thread from earlier today caused me to get a large group together by advertising in the chat channels, and go kill BB, which we did for 5 hours....and this part IS directed at you JC:

I had 20 shooters following me around for hours...mobs were insta-killed...we RAN OUT of mobs constantly. Plus, once we started spamming globals, a dozen "solo hunters" came out and started to solo mobs. SO, you are saying that we would have no etiquette at shared loot if the only mobs left at shared loot were claimed by "solo hunters" and we shot them? That, is INSANE. We avoided them most (99%) of the time and gave them their room, but sometimes we couldn't, there weren't enough mobs, and solo hunters with a mod fapper were stacking 3-5 mobs on themselves at a time. We sure as hell weren't leeching, were we? Where is the line now?

Every mob with a shared loot tag belongs to EVERYONE and though we might give solo hunters room when mobs are dense out of etiquette, when mobs are scarce, then it is the solo hunters trying to keep things to themselves that in fact lacks etiquette.

If there are 5 BB, and 5 wannabe solo hunters, according to your logic it is bad etiquette to have a group of 20 share loot hunters attempt to shoot "their" mobs? IF ANYTHING THE BAD ETIQUETTE IS ON THEM FOR CLAIMING SOMETHING SHARED AS THEIR OWN.

The scenario proves that any talk about etiquette is just pissing in the wind. You, nor anyone else, can quantify "etiquette" or the "rules" so it should just be left to the solo hunters to again: STOP SHOOTING OR LEAVE.

I understand that leeches try to suck off a solo hunter at shared...but acting like you or anyone knows the right answer is a joke. No one does...and therefore, all that a solo hunter has to do is move or stop shooting. But it ends there, and solo hunters do NOT get to tell people how to act around them when they themselves are the ones who are changing the rules, and who, when the spawns become sparse, are in fact the only ones with bad etiquette.

Last edited:
Mine.

This is mine. Not yours. It's mine. I called it first.

You can't have it. I just made a rant thread with a million insults and bad words but you must have the "etiquette" to leave my stuff alone.

It's shared loot but it's mine because I called it. I'm uber, I can solo it and you cant bwahahahaaha I'm so powerful and wise.

The whole point of this events is to shared big mobs without having to make a team but fuck you newbie go away. Leave me alone this one is mine. All this loot. Mine.

I have another 4562 mobs to hunt that are not shared but I came here because I can solo them, because I'm uber and you are not. So piss off, leave me alone with my fapper.

Yes, I hired a fapper because I'm not only uber I'm also wealthy and you are a sweating rat. Fucking freeloaders man. Ruining my game. The game is mine too.

Pff, how dare you shoot my shared loot mob. Etiquette man.

Etiquette. Respect my uberness you little noob. Go away.

Called it first, it's all mine. You selfish ignorant. pff. my god. I'ma make a thread brb.

What the the 2 above said :lolup:

it's shared i can shoot your mob and you can shoot mine, i may not like it but hey that's how it is.

the OP write it really clear but some here still dont get it,
well welcome in entropia and their great community:lolup:

fuck the community :) I never had much time for them anyway

Big bulks have always been a good mob to grind on that drop decent markup (gazzurdite) and potential for big loots including UL items.

And you don´t want to share that good loots, with players that don´t have the skills, gear, money to solo BB.

So all you noobs piss off, go hunt snables young untill you have a armor that cost +10k (Full Set), a weapon that cost +5k, and FAP that cost +10k.
But go to hell and let me loot all that nice uL items, the nice markups and Gazz and anything else from that big bulk, becaue you "NOOB" don´t deserve any "GOOD LOOT"

Thats seems to be exactly what you said, just choosen a few other words
and
thats just selfish egoism!

Read my first reply and learn what happens if BB would be non shared, I already experienced that.
As said in my last post, we could have killed BB, but we couldn´t because UBERs always outdamaged us on them.

I give a shit about all your UBERNESS.

Most of the items that made them UBERs don´t drop anymore, so how someone should get into range of UBERNESS?
Even if something of it drops every here and then, it drops from event mobs, why we "NOOB" should acceppt (sorry have the etiquette) to let you UBERs loot all of it and then pay the insane markups to you UBERs to get it for us?

Edit:
Sidenote:
Actually I totally agree to JCs OP, it could be done in a nice way if there is enough people joining the fun, but if not enough (so called noobs) stick together I see it as fair enough if a few of them join into a solo hunters fight to get their share anyways.

Other sidenote:
If low player wants to join the fun of BB loot, but he has not the skills/gear and no team with the abiliity to kill a BB (choose to shoot beside an UBER soloing them). It could be considered bad etiquette if the UBER stops shooting in order to let this noob die. This noob rely on your skills and UBERNESS, and that you have the abillity to tank that mob. And you leave him alone. You are really nice guy!

Last edited:

How is it clear when his version of etiquette is arbitrary, or did you not read the second half of my post? It's not that "we don't get it" (your statement is just generalized bs, but I will respond anyway): I will always give a solo hunter room at shared loot and will go the other way when I can, but when we run out of mobs, what are the rules then? I understand that some people try to shoot their mobs, they do it to me when I want to solo, but I am smart enough to MOVE. I certainly would not try to subject others to my arbitrary sense of morals...that's what the problem is.

The problem is threads made by idiots like Tees that spew smug hatred and create class warfare....when all that needs to be done is FUCKING MOVE OR STOP SHOOTING if you don't like others shooting the shared mob you are shooting at.

I am not saying that we should have no etiquette, I am saying the situation is much more easily resolved when a solo hunter doesn't rely on etiquette and they MOVE or STOP SHOOTING, and most importantly, STOP SHOOTING their mouth off on the forums like they are owed something because they got a fapper.

Read my first reply and learn what happens if BB would be non shared, I already experienced that.
As said in my last post, we could have killed BB, but we couldn´t because UBERs always outdamaged us on them.

its not about that you should not kill mobs in shared team, but when you have spawn of 50+ mobs is it really a problem to leave solo hunters alone? you have yours mobs they have their lets everyone do their

And becouse you had some bad experience with some "UBERs" that dosent mean every player withs some skills is like that,
what makes you better from those players who was out dameging you in past from you overdamaging other solo player today?

its not about that you should not kill mobs in shared team, but when you have spawn of 50+ mobs is it really a problem to leave solo hunters alone? you have yours mobs they have their lets everyone do their

Well you have read the now closed thread.
It was not a team that did shoot on "his" BB, it was one or two medium skilled players, that very likely can´t kill a BB solo.

Well you have read the now closed thread.
It was not a team that did shoot on "his" BB, it was one or two medium skilled players, that very likely can´t kill a BB solo.

they still should find team which want to kill it together,

they still should find team which want to kill it together,

Why?
You don´t need a team to take part in shared loot.

Just check if there is someone already, and help them.

Another sidenote, people jumping by helping with a kill on BB is good for overall eco.
Less FAPing, Less armor decay, and still this players complain if someone decide doing it.

I really don´t get it!

Why?
You don´t need a team to take part in shared loot.

Just check if there is someone already, and help them.

Another sidenote, people jumping by helping with a kill on BB is good for overall eco.
Less FAPing, Less armor decay, and still this players complain if someone decide doing it.

I really don´t get it!

When you start shooting shared mob which was shooted by player who want to solo them, what kind of help is that?

and mayby i dont want to be eco? so you want to help and force me to be eco anyway?

(Hint: Think Global, HOF, ATH and UL items possibility.)

Well if it is this, than I am absolutely right with all I already wrote, just simple selfish greed, nothing more.

I got it now!

Well if it is this, than I am absolutely right with all I already wrote, just simple selfish greed, nothing more.

I got it now!

it all depedns from poin of look:
yuo have 2 players, one new and one more skilled:

-new player lost in game 1000 ped durning his whole time in EU
-sklled player lost 40k peds durniong his whole time in EU

now when new player gets iteam with 2k peds MU his in profit, but when skilled player get same iteam, where hi is?

And you call skilled player greedy? becouse he want to get back some of his lost?

the point of shared loot is you still can have that iteam becouse there is enough mobs on spawn for teams, but let alone those who rather kill them solo, you dont have to join him when there is big team that shares

thank you john well put

Back