64-bit client 0xc000007b error

Shinigami

Provider
The 64-bit client doesn't work here on windows 7 (receiving a 0xc000007b error when i press the launch button). The 32-bit client works without any problems.

What I tried reading other topics about the same issue:
-uninstalling and reinstalling all of the C++ libraries (2005,2008,2010,2012)
-reinstalled EU
-downloaded several dll-packs and put them in the system32/syswow64 folders.

But I'm still getting the same error.

Anyone has an idea what it could be? (I know I could reinstall windows but that's not really worth it, considering the 32bit client still works)

The syswow64 folder is for the 32bit versions of files on a 64bit OS.

On 64bit systems the 64bit dll's should be placed in the system32 folder.

Also check your event viewer by running eventvwr.msc and see if it gives any additional information.

The syswow64 folder is for the 32bit versions of files on a 64bit OS.

On 64bit systems the 64bit dll's should be placed in the system32 folder.

Thanks, didn't know that. Assumed it was the other way around :scratch2:

Also check your event viewer by running eventvwr.msc and see if it gives any additional information.

No additional information, it says something like "can't run application (0xc0000007b)". If only it said which dll file was missing, that would make things alot easier.

While searching for a solution I discovered a free program called Dependency Walker, which shows you all the dependencies of an executable file. Turned out two D3DX files were x86, instead of 64. Manually downloading and replacing those files did finally solve the problem.

While searching for a solution I discovered a free program called Dependency Walker, which shows you all the dependencies of an executable file. Turned out two D3DX files were x86, instead of 64. Manually downloading and replacing those files did finally solve the problem.
This should be stickied so others will have this info! :)

Glad you were able fix this problem! :)

Back