WAAAY better communication!!!

Please Vote!!!

• Total voters

Tycoon

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
We would all appreciate WAAAY more communication/participation with the community!

we get Kim's very limited participation, and that's it! Honestly, it sucks...

maybe you guys can't always tell us what we want to hear, but you can at least let us know you hear what we have to say! :yup:

support the people that support you, it's in everybody's best interest! :wise:

Before voting, I gave this a lot of thought and I voted "disagree".

Here's my logic-

First of all, I am not saying that I would be upset if they did start communicating with you better. If you feel that their communications are helping, then vote "agree". For me, personally, I don't know that more communication would improve or change anything in my playing style.

Although I realize that many others have been here longer, I've been in this game for nearly nine years, now. In that time, I can't even count the number of things they started and never finished, the number of forgotten storylines, the number of vaporware features that were advertised.

Personally, I do not want any more communications. I want the same amount of communications and a great deal more follow-through.

Just my opinion, but you asked.

Rumsponge got a valid point here.

IF MA would just stick to all of what they have comunicated in the past, well EU could be a lot better.

So we really don´t need more comunication, just more truth in it, and the actions to see that it will be done what has been said.

I guess we just want high quality of communication and honesty. Look at the mess with taming, how long did they keep saying they're working on it or it's due next year only for us to find out they'd done nothing. Or the equipping fee, beginning of the year they say they're looking at removing it but since then not a word.

And if it's obvious they screwed up then apologise even if it's years after the event.

I fully agree with this statement. And even Kim is online irregular. MA? Haven't heard a word since the Annual report.

Roadmaps? Too long ago. Taming took too long, CLD benefits (other than payout), still waiting, not getting any answers.

There is so much profit they can gain in terms of goodwill when they just communicate better. I've actually reached the point that I over-analyze support-responses because I am too unsure about what is happening here and why. And how it will affect me.

I just saw Ender´s Game for a second time and perhaps Mindark/Formic are trying to communicate but we are unable to understand/hear it or they are as Sheldon puts it

As stated above:

My problem is actually that I cant believe anymore whatever they promise, always have a feeling they
try to screw players some more or it´s delayed for another 1-3 years, or they dont know how to handle community at all(afraid of our sh1tstorms).

The Calypso Dev team don't give a flying f@#k about communicating. They don't even answer PMs.

Better and more two-way communication is needed urgently

In a way there really is NO communication because we all get the feeling that the publisher does not WANT to listen to the paying or not so paying community at all.

So what we really need is a publisher who cares about the community and establishes some channels to have a ongoing communication and let us see that there is understanding and listening.

There were too many errors made in the past. Too many broken or empty promises and too many concepts that showed kind of pure dreaming in MA management from the beginning on. We must face the truth.

The promise that the new CEO made is only one more in the big list. What they only can announce is that they turn down the loot screws with any new VU calling it "rebalancing" or "improvement".

A pretty good example: Mindark says to start advertising and marketing actions. But how will they get the "normal" german player ingame without having a german UI and support? Most of the ppl are not really enjoying "english" games. They want to have their own language. This is a fact even Bill Gates had to learn selling Microsoft Software in Germany. And believe it or not - its always easier and more precise to write in your own language to the support as in a language you dont speak native.

And what is for germany also counts for other countries like france BeNeLux and so on.

But telling MA - they dont listen and keep on dreaming and promising thinking they only know what is good for us.

Ofc we want many new players from all nations - its sometimes frustrating to see all the empty space only on calypso - even more on the other planets. ofc we want that MA keeps their promises or dont make some they dont want to realize.

But what we really need is a two-way and wayyyyy better communication between those who offer and those who use the offer. Maybe Mindark could learn a bit then and we could have an extraordinary good game which can even stand against the new MMOS (we all know which i mean). But i also should stop dreaming :scratch2:

Last edited:
I agreed, with emphasis on Effective communication, as in plans that are well defined and carried out along the way.

I think of another space game most know from Iceland, and see that model as something to strive for, the communication and planning and multi-national support there is truly extraordinary in comparison.

I think updates on undelivered promised things every say 6 months would be good for the future, such as progress with the CLD land claims etc.
If players know there is a delay and are told at least they are aware and stops uncertainty. I think Kim does ok though in general, although less so recently. Maybe due to work on taming updates over next few vu's.

If you go back years though in general i think communication has been better, pity we lost Hanne though would be nice to have a community person again.

I didn't vote btw as there is communication, but i agree could be better.

Back