Curiosity

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
I am curious as to "who is the EU player", so I am working on a small questionaire... thinking of questions. What question would you ask, if you wanted to figure out "who the EU player is"? Which commonalities we have, other than playing this game?

Pay/disposable income, disposable time (time free to play), what level of risk one takes in life, is EU a game or investment etc etc

do you have a monthly budget for gaming - this game is a lot more fun with regular deposits :)
do you have an active friends list
are you a member of a dead or active society - mine is dead, sure do miss the socmates who did not survive vu 10

Some questions I would ask:

Where from (country)
What job RL
Age?
How long in EU?
How much spent on average monthly? (deposits)
Have you ever done a withdraw from EU?
Are you estate owner, if yes what estate? (Appartment, House, Shop, LA)
Do you own CLD/AUD? (not asking how many, just yes or no)
Do you plan owning CLD/AUD or other things that could be seen as investment (Shop, LA, ...)?
Have you RL friends playing EU, too ?
Do you advertise EU to your RL friends to get them in?
Do you play any other MMO, if yes which one?

We all are dynamically nuts. I think that is the common point.

Though it would be awesome if someone came up with a personality test based on the favorite fruit in game, so we could get anyone who needs an evaluation suckered in to providing us with sweat.

I would be willing to bet there is a predominant personality type that plays EU overall, and that our average IQ compared to a majority of other game players would be elevated. I could be completely wrong but I keep running into some pretty bright people here. When I wonder what makes us common, I think personality, and similar thought processes probably plays a large part in the draw of the game.

Dick size...

Return to seriousness, please.

have a little extra cash, semi working professionals, with no time to grind monthly subscriptions and be competitive. But can deposit when they feel and play at what lvl they feel here.

There are different groups of players

The kids, students with no monney but lots of time that see it as challenge to succeed vs EU

The normal crowd with average and sub average income that spend too much on EU and always have regrets about losing monney but dreaming big of succeeding in the future.

The people with high paid jobs that dosn't care much about making high deposits and buy everything from skills to gear and are always hungry for more dps.

The investor type with serious monney and the mind to make more monney here.

Everyone have its own reasons to be here, we all may share a few things in common but EU is a highly diversified place of different personalities.

I could be completely wrong but I keep running into some pretty bright people here. When I wonder what makes us common, I think personality, and similar thought processes probably plays a large part in the draw of the game.

I'ld say its "Mathematics" and perhaps "Science".

Most of the people who survive playing this game are most probably mathematically-inclined. Else who would/could have came up with all those difficult concepts, formulaes and how stuff (armors, amps...etc) worked within the game to such accuracies? (My thumbs up to those pros.)

Do you live with Mummy?
Is your name Sheldon?
How's Penny?

No questionnaire is complete without 'What is your favorite color?'

Some questions I would ask:

Where from (country)
What job RL
Age?
How long in EU?
How much spent on average monthly? (deposits)
Have you ever done a withdraw from EU?
Are you estate owner, if yes what estate? (Appartment, House, Shop, LA)
Do you own CLD/AUD? (not asking how many, just yes or no)
Do you plan owning CLD/AUD or other things that could be seen as investment (Shop, LA, ...)?
Have you RL friends playing EU, too ?
Do you advertise EU to your RL friends to get them in?
Do you play any other MMO, if yes which one?

Sweden
IT-Industry job
Mid age
Been playing since 2006
Avg spending get lower for each month since i dont deposit since 2010.
Withdrawal? , Yes
No estates
No CLD/AUD
No, dont plan to own either
IRL friends? Yes
Advertise? , Nope, this is my alternate world, i try not to mix them.
Other MMO? damn barely have time for this :)

There are different groups of players

The kids, students with no monney but lots of time that see it as challenge to succeed vs EU

The normal crowd with average and sub average income that spend too much on EU and always have regrets about losing monney but dreaming big of succeeding in the future.

The people with high paid jobs that dosn't care much about making high deposits and buy everything from skills to gear and are always hungry for more dps.

The investor type with serious monney and the mind to make more monney here.

Everyone have its own reasons to be here, we all may share a few things in common but EU is a highly diversified place of different personalities.

You're completely correct, it's cool. I have a (unique?) rare perspective as I've been through most stages - I'm 27 and started playing PE in 2002 at 14. I basically had my part time job in a restaurant paying for medium deposits in. Then I went to uni and had to scale all that back - became a low depositor, low hunter for a few (good few) years. Now I have a well paying job and can afford to deposit a lot more.. Currently though, I can't cos I have less time.

But it's fun that this game has been able to fit my circumstances all the way through.

Back