***WoF 2014 QUALIFYING HEATS Stage Two MOBLIST & Start Point***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Greetings to all teams who have braved the chaos of the robot invasion and those who are yet to show their talents. This is Stage Two, Part 2 of the Qualifiers. There are again TWO weekends in which your team can try to get a good score on the Stage 2 Moblist.

Those teams yet to record a score who have missed Stage One are free to enter with a Stage Two score alone. Please PM me for any further advice.

New START/FINISH POINT:

Jennifer's Island, around the campfire.
61264, 74053, 102

MOBLIST:
Boots On The Ground

Seems the invasion isn't over. The robots have enlisted the help of mutants, and the mutants have brought beasts... spawns of ALL listed mobs are expected in multiple locations starting a few days before the first hunt weekend on:
8th/9th of November, and staying until after the second hunt weekend on:
15th/16th of November.

Please PM me to book your timeslots;

TIMESLOTS ARE THE SAME CHOICES AS BEFORE:
SATURDAY 14:00,
19:00,
SUNDAY 00:00,
07:00,
12:00,
17:00

I need your times for both weekends as soon as possible.​

MAIN TEAM:

Mulaak 'F: Raider and Above: 10 points
Scaboreas: Any Maturity: 9 points
Phasm: Provider and Above: 8 points
Trooper: Any Generation: 7 points
Mulaak 'F: Outcast, Bandit, Guard: 6 points
Phasm: Young, Mature, Old: 5 points

SUPPORT:

Muluk-Hir: Any Maturity: 4 points
Mulmun: Any Maturity: 3 points
Droka: Any Generation: 2 points
Nexnecis: Any Maturity: 1 point

BONUS MOB:

Big Bulk: Any Generation: 25 points

TROPHY MOB:

Vanguard: Any Type: 40 points

All usual Bonuses (HoF, Variety, Susan, Sweep) apply.

NOTE: Bonus and Trophy Mobs both only count for the FIRST score on them by each team. All further scores are disregarded.

ALSO: Teams are free to score on any Calypso-based spawn of the listed mobs, not just the event spawns.

ALSO: Spawns are not as mixed as Stage One, but Main Teams should be prepared to hunt alongside Support in some cases.

ALSO: Vanguard and Big Bulk spawns are not expected to feature the higher maturities.

ALSO: Those who choose to try scoring on certain mobs within Lootable PvP areas must expect others to try shooting them (Would be very hard to uphold a complaint of ks'ing or pk'ing from there).
ALL mobs will be available in non lootable-pvp locations......

THEY'RE HERE.........!

OLA 66 38417, 41631

Phasm (mid to high maturity)

OLA 66 39109, 41701
Mulaak'F (high maturity)
Scaboreas (high maturity)

OLA 66 39093, 42607
Phasm (low maturity)
Mulaak'F (low maturity
Muluk-Hir (low to mid maturity)

OLA 58 31919, 56561 and 31881, 55707
Muluk-Hir (low maturity)
Mulmun (mid to high maturity)

OLA 62 31717, 51280
Muluk-Hir (low maturity)
Mulmun (Low to high maturity)
Nexnecis (low to high maturity)

Camp Phoenix 63422, 84582

Vanguard (range of lower end maturities)
Big Bulk (low maturity)

Camp Phoenix 63390, 83510
Trooper (mid to high maturity)
Droka (high maturity)

OLA 62 31080, 52031

Trooper (mid maturity)
Droka (low to mid maturity)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Finally a reason to work on the droka mission :)

Oh and ther is HM ? did not even know it was confirmed, nice

Oh... in that case... Enjoy Halloween whatever might happen;)

Hurrikane

Original Post now updated.

Hurrikane

Just use WoF as a 3 hour break from HM :D

Ok, this remark on the mob list for this week brings a question to my mind:

ALSO: Teams are free to score on any Calypso-based spawn of the listed mobs, not just the event spawns.

ALSO: Those who choose to try scoring on certain mobs within Lootable PvP areas must expect others to try shooting them (Would be very hard to uphold a complaint of ks'ing or pk'ing from there).
ALL mobs will be available in non lootable-pvp locations.

Hurrikane

Does that mean if we choose to hunt the natural spawns, which are mostly in pvp 4, that this rule:

PK: If teams find themselves in PVP areas we ask them to refrain from killing other Teams while they are shooting at mobs, especially larger mobs. The same goes for kill-stealing or TP trapping. Repeated screenshot or video evidence of such activity may lead to disqualification of individuals or teams from the Tournament.

Hurrikane

quoted from the 2014 rules thread, does not apply? :scratch2: If that is the case, why make the rule in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
If that is the case, why make the rule in the first place?

If I remember correctly it's because these types of mobs haven't had special spawns before but have had to be killed in pvp4 and it's always caused a fair few complaints :)

I'm sure most people wouldn't choose to still shoot the natural spawns and risk being looted when there is no need :scratch2:

Still, either the rule should be changed to say you have to hunt event spawn or be enforced, but of course that is just my opinion.

Ok, this remark on the mob list for this week brings a question to my mind:

Does that mean if we choose to hunt the natural spawns, which are mostly in pvp 4, that this rule:

quoted from the 2014 rules thread, does not apply? :scratch2: If that is the case, why make the rule in the first place?

To my understanding, some mobs usually only spawn in lootable PVP which would be a problem. So, I guess that's what the first line your quoting is pointing at. Regarding the second, it is pretty bad sportsmanship to play the game like that, which is why I assume the rules are made like that. One could argue that you could stay outside of pvp, but you still have the option to hunt the normal spawns, which at least i believe is when the rule comes to use.

Still, either the rule should be changed to say you have to hunt event spawn or be enforced, but of course that is just my opinion.

The Rules for the Tournament are that KS'ing and PK'ing is frowned upon and doing a lot of it and getting proved to have done so will lead to action against the team or individuals responsible. This covers hunting in the many places in Amethera which are PvP (non-lootable). If a mob is only found in such areas then killing all who try to hunt it would be considered very unsporting and cause an investigation of evidence from both sides.
However, in PvP4 there are people who will shoot you for what you carry, and they are entitled and allowed to. I cannot stop non-wof players from doing their thing. In PvP4 there is a reason to kill people other than to hinder or obstruct to gain advantage in the event; to get loot.

In short it's not nice to shoot your opponents but if they choose to hunt in such an obvious and optional danger area then they should expect danger.

Hurrikane

Of course expect danger from non-WoFfers, my question though, is they way you made it sound in the mob list is that if a team chooses to hunt the natural spawn, then other WoF teams are allowed to pk them. This is what I'm asking for clarification on.

Do I understand that combined points from both Qualifiers will decide about group split?

We had 16 teams in Stage 1 Qualifiers, all progressed to next stage. How many will progress to next stage?

Of course expect danger from non-WoFfers, my question though, is they way you made it sound in the mob list is that if a team chooses to hunt the natural spawn, then other WoF teams are allowed to pk them. This is what I'm asking for clarification on.

The rule is really for when mobs are only, or mainly found in pvp areas. As these mobs are found in lootable PvP but will be spawned in numerous other locations, there is no compulsion to remain there being shot at so yes, in this instance the rule does not apply. If the event spawns land on regular pvp areas then it's still going to be frowned upon to KS or PK but if people couldn't loot you in PvP4 it wouldn't be PvP4. The main reason for having these mobs in the list is so people who are unwilling to brave PvP4 could have a try at them. If you're still willing to see them in their natural environment I'd call that a bad case for complaint if you're shot.

In short I guess I could change the wording to state that in Lootable PvP anything goes as long as it complies with the EULA.

Do I understand that combined points from both Qualifiers will decide about group split?

We had 16 teams in Stage 1 Qualifiers, all progressed to next stage. How many will progress to next stage?

Hey Teiwaz,

The previous two weeks were two chances at Qualifier One. You take the highest of those two scores to count as Qualifier One score. The next two weekends will be two chances at Qualifier Two, again keeping the highest score for your Qualifier Two score.

Combine Qualifier One and Qualifier Two scores to get your total Qualifier Score.

It is still unclear how many teams will advance to the next stage. 17 teams have posted scores in Qualifier One. Hurrikane and company are hoping to get some other teams to participate in Qualifier Two rounds. The number to advance will depend on the number that eventually post a Qualifier score, which won't be clear until the end of Q2 rounds.

Hope that clears it up...

Mack

Hey Teiwaz,

The previous two weeks were two chances at Qualifier One. You take the highest of those two scores to count as Qualifier One score. The next two weekends will be two chances at Qualifier Two, again keeping the highest score for your Qualifier Two score.

Combine Qualifier One and Qualifier Two scores to get your total Qualifier Score.

It is still unclear how many teams will advance to the next stage. 17 teams have posted scores in Qualifier One. Hurrikane and company are hoping to get some other teams to participate in Qualifier Two rounds. The number to advance will depend on the number that eventually post a Qualifier score, which won't be clear until the end of Q2 rounds.

Hope that clears it up...

Mack

I appreciate answering Mack.

Do I understand right that there is 18 spots in next round (after qualifiers 2)?
Kinda no point to 'fight' if all progress further....

I appreciate answering Mack.

Do I understand right that there is 18 spots in next round (after qualifiers 2)?
Kinda no point to 'fight' if all progress further....

Yes. If I have understood it correctly there is 18 spots meaning that if one or less teams sign up until Q2 everyone will advance. In that case the scores will be used to seed the new groups for the next round.

For that reason, I myself, will be much more gentle towards my PED card this round. Well, that's the plan at least...

You can read about it in this thread:

www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?266658-***WoF-2014-SCORES-amp-AWARDS***

BOOTS ON THE GROUND; The mobs ARE HERE!

THEY'RE HERE.........!

OLA 66 38417, 41631

Phasm (mid to high maturity)

OLA 66 39109, 41701
Mulaak'F (high maturity)
Scaboreas (high maturity)

OLA 66 39093, 42607
Phasm (low maturity)
Mulaak'F (low maturity
Muluk-Hir (low to mid maturity)

OLA 58
Muluk-Hir (low maturity)
Mulmun (mid to high maturity)

OLA 62 31717, 51280
Muluk-Hir (low maturity)
Mulmun (Low to high maturity)
Nexnecis (low to high maturity)

Camp Phoenix 63422, 84582

Vanguard (range of lower end maturities)
Big Bulk (low maturity)

Camp Phoenix 63390, 83510
Trooper (mid to high maturity)
Droka (high maturity)

OLA 62 31080, 52031

Trooper (mid maturity)
Droka (low to mid maturity)

Original Post updated.

Hurrikane

Yes. If I have understood it correctly there is 18 spots meaning that if one or less teams sign up until Q2 everyone will advance. In that case the scores will be used to seed the new groups for the next round.

For that reason, I myself, will be much more gentle towards my PED card this round. Well, that's the plan at least...

You can read about it in this thread:

www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?266658-***WoF-2014-SCORES-amp-AWARDS***

Might not be that straight forward, as we currently have 17 teams with qualifying scores. If no one else joins, then 17 is a hard number to work with progressing into some kind of round robin/group stage. Could be 16 teams advance for example, so you have 4 groups of 4 teams each. We'll see what kind of plan Hurrikane comes up with...but think it's still a good idea to try to get out of the bottom few spots if you can, just in case :)

Might not be that straight forward, as we currently have 17 teams with qualifying scores. If no one else joins, then 17 is a hard number to work with progressing into some kind of round robin/group stage. Could be 16 teams advance for example, so you have 4 groups of 4 teams each. We'll see what kind of plan Hurrikane comes up with...but think it's still a good idea to try to get out of the bottom few spots if you can, just in case :)

What bottom few? We are in top 12 :dunce:

Perhaps Hurrikane could shed some light on this matter?

What bottom few? We are in top 12 :dunce:

Perhaps Hurrikane could shed some light on this matter?

If only 17 teams achieve a Qualifying score then Stage 3 will be skipped and the Top 12 will progress to Stage 4.

Kinda hoping Canada pull it together.

Hurrikane

Not one single Muluk or Mulm at OLA 58.

spawns on ola62 are low as well, have to run around as a solo hunter...

Spawns in OLA 58 are located at co-ords 31919, 56561 and 31881, 55707.

Original post updated.

Adjustments have been made to hopefully cope with the demands of the weekend.

See you all there:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Do NOT ever put Troopers into a mob list again. They are awful. Troopers rarely global, I stopped working on the mission for them because they always have bad loot, even the high gens. It was no different today for our team's run. They are a ^%&# mob, ESPECIALLY for main team.

Do NOT ever put Troopers into a mob list again. They are awful. Troopers rarely global, I stopped working on the mission for them because they always have bad loot, even the high gens. It was no different today for our team's run. They are a ^%&# mob, ESPECIALLY for main team.

Complaint noted, but they have featured before without any problem I can remember.

Hurrikane

Complaint noted, but they have featured before without any problem I can remember.

Hurrikane

Yeah, but the last run for WOF was 2 years ago (?). I've killed thousands recently (last 2 months or so) for the iron mission with only 2 globals maybe, it's very bad these days. I get a handful of 20, 30, 40 PED loots consistently, but I often get 49 PED loots (3 of those today during our WOF run). It just never seems to push beyond 49. Another main team member was noting the same thing today.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the last run for WOF was 2 years ago (?). I've killed thousands recently (last 2 months or so) for the iron mission with only 2 globals maybe, it's very bad these days. I get a handful of 20, 30, 40 PED loots consistently, but I often get 49 PED loots (3 of those today during our WOF run). It just never seems to push beyond 49. Another main team member was noting the same thing today.

Gotta say, not all mobs on the list are ever gonna global "well"... Main Team had Foul one year;) But i will bear it in mind.

Hurrikane

I checked, and could not find any Mul* mobs on OLA 58, 62 or 66 anymore. Why is that?

Last edited:
I checked, and could not find any Mul* mobs on OLA 58, 62 or 66 anymore. Why is that?

I posted this to answer the same question in another thread:

The spawns have been removed. I imagine a few big-spender ubers complained to MA like petulant children that they no longer had control of these mobs, so MA immediately removed the spawns after the WOF weekend.

The same dozen players will now have exclusive control of those mobs again, and the rest of us will never hunt them again because we aren't going to wander into PVP4.

The joke's on MA, they'd probably make a lot more money by leaving those spawns in OLA 58/62. I know I would be willing to cycle more PEDs if they left the spawns about.

Back