Suggestion: Split trading forum into categories

Alfadur

Alpha
Don't know if this is the place to post a sugestion to improve an aspect of this forum.

Just to note that I've been having alot of difficulties while searching for an item that I want to buy in the trading section.

I would purpose to split or to add categories tag to the selling and buying subforums.
Something like, if I want a mining tool I would search only in that category and so on.

Sometimes is kind of hard to see if someone is selling/buying what i need/have, due to the massive posts everyday.

Alfa

Have you tried using the 'search forum' function?
(on the top bar of forum menu: Forum Tools | Administrative | Search Forum | Inline Mod)

I agree, sub categories for sales wouldn't hurt.

Search is great when you know what you want, but when you don't...you almost need to look at all threads to catch many things for sale.
With daily bumps for all threads, some things get pushed to the bottom many pages deep.

I agree, we need different categories!!

As Serica suggested, the forum advanced search feature is very useful.

For example, the query below performs a search for the term "rugaritz" and returns results only from the Selling subforum and that employ the "Selling" prefix:

Code:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?query=rugaritz&titleonly=0&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&contenttypeid=1&sortby=dateline&order=descending&sortorder=descending&saveprefs=1&searchfromtype=vBForum%3APost&showposts=0&starteronly=0&searchthreadid=0&forumchoice[]=42&prefixchoice[]=selling&childforums=1&replyless=0&replylimit=0&type[]=1

It's quite straightforward to zero in on particular search results using the various parameters available in the advanced forum search feature.

Finally, there is also the Google-powered search tool that allows for more advanced search operators: Google-powered PCF search tool.

It's true that it's pain to find last people selling CLD / shop after a week or two.

As Serica suggested, the forum advanced search feature is very useful.

For example, the query below performs a search for the term "rugaritz" and returns results only from the Selling subforum and that employ the "Selling" prefix:

Code:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?query=rugaritz&titleonly=0&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&contenttypeid=1&sortby=dateline&order=descending&sortorder=descending&saveprefs=1&searchfromtype=vBForum%3APost&showposts=0&starteronly=0&searchthreadid=0&forumchoice[]=42&prefixchoice[]=selling&childforums=1&replyless=0&replylimit=0&type[]=1

It's quite straightforward to zero in on particular search results using the various parameters available in the advanced forum search feature.

Finally, there is also the Google-powered search tool that allows for more advanced search operators: Google-powered PCF search tool.

Nice catch, noticed the google search but haven't used the wildcard before.

Still, trading section is probably the most posted one, can be very messy and ugly to find anything there

Anyway was just a thought sharing.

I like the idea of sub forums for trade, after all without selling and buying threads this forum would be as good as death. Maybe a sub forum for deeds/estates only ? Why not improving what people care most about pcf ?

Back