Starter Pack Gold

Mayestic

Hi guys,

I've looked at the gold starter package and I grew pale that the Weapon Z12 Barbarella incl. amp ZX Sinkadus is as good as the Opalo SGA incl. A101

{IMAGE DELETED - UPLOAD TO FORUM GALLERY TO EMBED IN POST}

What happens to the people who have spent so much for the Opalo SGA and the A101 amp, now drop the prices? What do you think? Or am I completely wrong?

What do you think is worth the money the starter gold package? Or does it make more sense to deposit $ 40 normal? So the armor looks great, but is useless right? Ok, 30 pieces Neurobiotic Booster A5 1 mg are helpful...

Last edited by a moderator:
if you pale from that.. try ozpyn lr s1x1 /a101 That's a tt+10 weapon with even more dps than a barbarella.. granted it's only 2,924 vs 2,955 in eco but 7.1 dps vs 6.7

I think the idea is to try to get fresh blood into the game which in the end will help everyone.

Hi guys,

I've looked at the gold starter package and I grew pale that the Weapon Z12 Barbarella incl. amp ZX Sinkadus is as good as the Opalo SGA incl. A101

{IMAGE DELETED - UPLOAD TO FORUM GALLERY TO EMBED IN POST}

What happens to the people who have spent so much for the Opalo SGA and the A101 amp, now drop the prices? What do you think? Or am I completely wrong?

What do you think is worth the money the starter gold package? Or does it make more sense to deposit $ 40 normal? So the armor looks great, but is useless right? Ok, 30 pieces Neurobiotic Booster A5 1 mg are helpful...

Well the Opalo SGA is a weapon from yesterday. There are heaps of better options since a good while now. An example above got Spawn. There are many more and they are cheap.

check out:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon
http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

I bought the Gold Pack just for fun, even though my gear is far beyond any of what that pack offers. But for new players, it is a GREAT way to start out. I think its a smart move by the devs.

I bought the Gold Pack just for fun, even though my gear is far beyond any of what that pack offers. But for new players, it is a GREAT way to start out. I think its a smart move by the devs.

+1. I didn't buy the pack since I don't want/need the gear, but I would recommend it to new players.

the gold starter package ... Weapon Z12 Barbarella incl. amp ZX Sinkadus is as good as the Opalo SGA incl. A101

Are they L ? (not the first time it's unclear, didn't always show on the gun/name, so a question for anyone who actually has the package and used it enough to repair it and find out)

Are they L ? (not the first time it's unclear, didn't always show on the gun/name, so a question for anyone who actually has the package and used it enough to repair it and find out)

No, the weapon and the amp are UL. They have good eco, too. Great for low level hunting (think level 2-4 daikibas). The FAP is also UL and is really eco. Still used it on Argos.

if you pale from that.. try ozpyn lr s1x1 /a101 That's a tt+10 weapon with even more dps than a barbarella.. granted it's only 2,924 vs 2,955 in eco but 7.1 dps vs 6.7

The ozpyn lr s1x1 is realy nice, thx ;) Is it treu that i get 30 Neurobiotic Booster A5 1mg with the Starter Gold Pack?

Gold pack is a great deal, most players will benefit from it. Armour is a nice placeholder with the speed buff on it, weapons are good for little mob killing (or tagging for melee/hg users), and the fap is pretty good in its own right.

Generally though, for a fresh player, it's a great starting pack.

I got the gold pack when it came on the store. Do have to say its something that MA nailed. Very nice starter pack.

Imho
-A101: the price for A101 amp isn't beginner friendly. While it's probably great for someone who plans to spend a lot of time ingame using opalo, a price at over 100 ped for the amp feels a bit harsh for more or less fresh beginners. The amp is also pretty fast "outgrown" and at bigger gun sizes, bigger amps like a102 gives more value for the Money. On the other hand, the A101 amp provides one more dmg/attack, so on a weapon like Opalo, A101 gives more "damage", so for opalo A101 is still the best.

- Opalo SGA: It's more of a "collector's item" than something that's aimed at a normal beginner. Also, naturally, there is a limited supply of these (as they were dropped during a limited time frame); reasonably, new players can't be expected to be in the market for those and those alone. As I see it, removal of Opalo from trade terminals hurts the value of Opalo SGA more, because when Opalo isn't the standard (reference) weapon anymore, Opalo SGA can't be said to be "better than the vanilla Opalo".

For someone who's willing to deposit what the gold package COSTs, I Think it's great it comes with useful gear. Though the armor is far from terrific (by protection stats), the package could be a way to make it easier to get through discipleship, and get a good armor that way.

Is the Armor in the Gold Pack UL, maybee i can do Armor Plates inside and it is enough for many thinks? And is in the Gold Pack really 30 Neurobiotic Booster A5 1mg?

Is the Armor in the Gold Pack UL, maybee i can do Armor Plates inside and it is enough for many thinks? And is in the Gold Pack really 30 Neurobiotic Booster A5 1mg?

The armor is UL, and it gives a 5% metabolic increase. With 5B plates it's a solid low-mid level setup. I use my 8A SGA plates with it when I do mid-level stuff, works out nicely :cool:

I was thinkning about buying the gold pack,, but then I heared you can't tt the UL stuff. Which means it will just collect dust in my storage when I don't need it anymore. Waste of TT value? I can understand why you can't sell it to players (even tou that would be cool too). But why can't I just tt it and get the ped value for other stuff when I want to!? Wierd...

I would like the amp but the rest is not that much better than what I can get ingame? And since the amp is only in the gold pack I think I will have to go on without it...

I was thinkning about buying the gold pack,, but then I heared you can't tt the UL stuff. Which means it will just collect dust in my storage when I don't need it anymore. Waste of TT value?

One way to see it is actually a kind of protection: Some beginners tend to send Everything they have into trade terminal if they have had a bad hunt to get a few more PEDs for ammo, then they get Another bad run and have nothing. Even things like Adj pixie, I've Heard. In that perspective, it can be good to have a few items that would stick.

As for the value that's tied up; if you've used up the items the TT value is probably negligable.

Maybe there should be some option to dispose of it to free up storage if you really don't want to keep it anymore (no PEDs returned) as it is with some other untradeable items, but then you have to consider you might not be able to get the items again (if only one gold pack purchase is allowed).

Last edited:
I was thinkning about buying the gold pack,, but then I heared you can't tt the UL stuff. Which means it will just collect dust in my storage when I don't need it anymore. Waste of TT value? I can understand why you can't sell it to players (even tou that would be cool too). But why can't I just tt it and get the ped value for other stuff when I want to!? Wierd...

I would like the amp but the rest is not that much better than what I can get ingame? And since the amp is only in the gold pack I think I will have to go on without it...

Yes thats the problem, you can get the MOney never out...

The ozpyn lr s1x1 is realy nice, thx ;) Is it treu that i get 30 Neurobiotic Booster A5 1mg with the Starter Gold Pack?

Yes you get 30 booster pills that each last 60 online minutes and provide 50% bonus skillgain.

Yes you get 30 booster pills that each last 60 online minutes and provide 50% bonus skillgain.

Actually, it's 100% IIRC.

Used up half of them until I realized I should save them for later. Any way to get more of these?

Actually, it's 100% IIRC.

Used up half of them until I realized I should save them for later. Any way to get more of these?

It's 50%, as I just popped one on my hunt last night.

id say yes its worth the money, i got one never used armor really. But from experience useing the gun its good for mobs above puny reason i say this is because it overkills punys. For this reason i found its best to use the zx amp with a s.i hk110 better eco less overkill on punys.

But defo worth the money.

Starter pack is a good deal.

The armor is like the goggles, but it does make you look like Robocop.

I bought the starter pack for myself and then I bought one for my GF who's started playing. She loves the gun and the car. I sometimes use the gun as a finisher.

The fap is a big step up from the TT fap.

MA did nail this package with cost vs. value. Good job on that.

The skill pills are awesome. I've walked around with over 350% skill boost at times while hunting on them. That's a huge boost and it's nice to see your Skill-o-meter actually move with skill gains.

i wait for time when i can buy it with in-game peds.......

The skill pills are awesome. I've walked around with over 350% skill boost at times while hunting on them. That's a huge boost and it's nice to see your Skill-o-meter actually move with skill gains.

Hold up... they stack?

Hold up... they stack?

Not in that sense, no. But with them you get a 50% boost to ALL skill gains for an hour. You still get the random skill gain bonuses. I hit a 302% laser weapon skill gain for 9 minutes while on a pill. For a total of 352% gain on LW. Not bad at all.

I bought only medium starter pack, my thoughts:
FAP is really good
Barbarella seems solid to me, considering i will focus on daikiba, combibo and cornundacauta (with A101) missions. Its also good as tagger and finisher. I was never fan of big guns, so , this is excellent tool for me.
Armor looks like japanesse high-tech robot made by sony - but it hardly offers any protection. Bright side is - it is almost not decaying. Good as plateholder.
Skill Pills - i´d say its better for newcomers keep it, untill they get bigger guns. Its effect can be minimized by using barbarella
H-dna no real use for me here

To top of that 45 peds of universal ammo and 40 peds is ok.

What i would be happy for is armor with slightly better protection. The one in pack is useless w/o plates.

I bought only medium starter pack, my thoughts:
FAP is really good
Barbarella seems solid to me, considering i will focus on daikiba, combibo and cornundacauta (with A101) missions. Its also good as tagger and finisher. I was never fan of big guns, so , this is excellent tool for me.
Armor looks like japanesse high-tech robot made by sony - but it hardly offers any protection. Bright side is - it is almost not decaying. Good as plateholder.
Skill Pills - i´d say its better for newcomers keep it, untill they get bigger guns. Its effect can be minimized by using barbarella
H-dna no real use for me here

To top of that 45 peds of universal ammo and 40 peds is ok.

What i would be happy for is armor with slightly better protection. The one in pack is useless w/o plates.

To be fair, it is just for the looks. I think most people would agree upon not using an armor at all while using the Z12. It's just unnecessary costs.

Get a mentor, hunt with your gear up until graduation when you will get the Adjusted Pixie.

Back