Halloween Mayhem 2014

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Get ready for Planet Calypso's most terrifying hunting event!

Fight your way through hordes of undead as you compete for the prizes in this year’s Halloween event, featuring...
  • A spooky haunted graveyard instance
  • Two creepy creatures and two terrifying bosses
Special loot, including Halloween Candy Boxes... and lots of great prizes!

In this Mayhem style event, you will hunt in one of five different solo instances and score points by looting Halloween Pumpkins. The various Halloween Pumpkins are distributed in relation to creature difficulty (rebalanced based on feedback from last year's event), so that hunters of all levels can compete.

EVENT DATES
  • Start: Friday, October 31, 17:00:00 UTC
  • End: Monday, November 10, 17:00:00 UTC

Event Entrance
The Halloween Mayhem mission NPC, Mr Pumpkin, is located in Nymphtown and will become active once the event begins on Friday, October 31, 17:00:00 UTC.

There are five instance levels available, ranging from 1 to 5. Speak to Mr Pumpkin and choose the entrance that suits your current hunting skills and gear to enter the event.

Level 1
  • Zombie Mutant Outcast (LVL 5)
  • Zombie Mutant Bandit (LVL 9)
  • Zombie Dog Young (LVL 3)
  • Zombie Dog Mature (LVL 6)
  • The Big Pumpkin (LVL 16)
  • Count Vamp of Boorum (LVL 26)

Level 2
  • Zombie Mutant Guard (LVL 13)
  • Zombie Mutant Raider (LVL 16)
  • Zombie Dog Old (LVL 8)
  • Zombie Dog Provider (LVL 10)
  • The Big Pumpkin (LVL 23)
  • Count Vamp of Boorum (LVL 36)

Level 3
  • Zombie Mutant Warrior (LVL 20)
  • Zombie Mutant Berserker (LVL 25)
  • Zombie Dog Guardian (LVL 13)
  • Zombie Dog Dominant (LVL 15)
  • The Big Pumpkin (LVL 34)
  • Count Vamp of Boorum (LVL 53)

Level 4
  • Zombie Mutant Hunter (LVL 32)
  • Zombie Mutant Warlord (LVL 39)
  • Zombie Dog Alpha (LVL 20)
  • Zombie Dog Old Alpha (LVL 24)
  • The Big Pumpkin (LVL 48)
  • Count Vamp of Boorum (LVL 74)

Level 5
  • Zombie Mutant Champion (LVL 51)
  • Zombie Mutant Clan Warlord (LVL 57)
  • Zombie Dog Prowler (LVL 30)
  • Zombie Dog Stalker (LVL 34)
  • The Big Pumpkin (LVL 68)
  • Count Vamp of Boorum (LVL 107)

Point System
Points in the event are scored by looting one of the following items:
  • Rotten Halloween Pumpkin (1 point)
  • Sickly Halloween Pumpkin (5 points)
  • Damaged Halloween Pumpkin (10 points)
  • Healthy Halloween Pumpkin (20 points)
  • Mature Halloween Pumpkin (50 points)
  • Fully Developed Halloween Pumpkin (100 points)
  • Twin Halloween Pumpkin (500 points)
  • Mutated Halloween Pumpkin (1000 points)
  • Great Halloween Pumpkin (5000 points)
Unlike previous events, there is no need to turn in looted pumpkins. Your event score will be updated automatically each time one of the pumpkins is looted.

Event Prizes
The following prizes will be awarded to the participants scoring the highest number of points:
  • 1st Place - Modified Melee Trauma Amplifier VIII - (36 Electric Damage, 4.6356 economy)
  • 2nd Place - Improved Melee Trauma Amplifier VI - (28 Electric Damage, 4.5842 economy)
  • 3rd Place - Emik Enigma L4
  • 4th Place - Adjusted Melee Trauma Amplifier II - (8 Electric Damage, 4.5259 economy)
  • 5th Place - CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.I
  • 6th Place - Omegaton Ranger Scope MK1
  • 7th Place - Genesis ArcSpark
  • 8th Place - Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem
  • 9th Place - Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem
  • 10th Place - Omegaton Igni L1000
  • 11th Place - Omegaton Laser Sight MK1
  • 12th Place - EWE LC-100 Frontier
  • 13th Place - Isis Project Zero-Three
  • 14th Place - Castorian Xeno-Dagger Scratcher
  • 15th Place - Kilic Rex

Bonus Prizes
In addition, all qualifying event participants reaching one of the following point thresholds will receive bonus prizes:
  • 5000 Points - 5 x Halloween Candy Boxes + 50 PED Universal Ammo
  • 10000 Points - 10 x Halloween Candy Boxes + 200 PED Universal Ammo
  • 15000 Points - 15 x Halloween Candy Boxes + 500 PED Universal Ammo
  • 20000 Points - 20 x Halloween Candy Boxes + 1000 PED Universal Ammo

Rules & Notes
Time Limit
Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Halloween event instances. This 40 hour limit applies to combined time in any of the Halloween instances, not each individual instance level.

Event participants must keep track of their time spent in the event instances, since the current instance system unfortunately does not track time spent across multiple login/instance sessions.

Note that the 60 minute timer that appears once you enter one of the Halloween Mayhem instances is not an official event time tracking feature.

Rules
This event is intended for solo hunters. Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

Do not abandon the mission! If you abandon the mission for any reason, either intentionally or accidentally, all points earned up to that point will be lost forever. Support cannot and will not restore points for abandoned missions, regardless of the situation.

Notes
The Essence of Evil items required to spawn Count Vamp of Boorum bosses are now restricted to the instance level from which they are looted as follows:
  • Chipped Essence of Evil - Level 1 Instance
  • Flawed Essence of Evil - Level 2 Instance
  • Average Essence of Evil - Level 3 Instance
  • Flawless Essence of Evil - Level 4 Instance
  • Perfect Essence of Evil - Level 5 Instance

Happy hunting and Happy Halloween!
The Planet Calypso Dev Team

Full details available on the Halloween Mayhem Event Page

woohooo MELEE AAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPPPSSSSS

I'll happily take that 3rd place prize :laugh:

But, let's be honest, we can already guess most of the players who will take those prizes lol. Unless some lower level players get crazy lucky and gets those 5000 point pumpkins.

So... I don't get the "all levels can compete". There is no way in hell that my 55dps (if I screw eco) has any chance whatsoever to win any of the prizes... :scratch2:

Edit: it is basically a giveaway to high level players.

Last edited:
Time to get the coat version 2.0 with 2% lifesteal

Nice prizes !! :yay:

Hey,

how does this Boss thing work? Do you just loot those essences while hunting in there and then use em in the instance or what?

Also what does the line: "distributed in relation to creature difficulty (rebalanced based on feedback from last year's event), so that hunters of all levels can compete." mean?

I mean, so a 2k hp creature will drop twice as many pumpkins as a 1k hp creature? (bla bla, on avg, after large sample seize yada yada yada.)

Regards
Me

So... I don't get the "all levels can compete". There is no way in hell that my 55dps (if I screw eco) has any chance whatsoever to win any of the prizes... :scratch2:

I don't get that either... How could a player that is in the lower lvls have any chance at all to get more points than any player in the lvl 5 instance? :confused:

I don't get that either... How could a player that is in the lower lvls have any chance at all to get more points than any player in the lvl 5 instance? :confused:

all people can compete, not the all people will win, they say exactly. The only winners are lvl 5 ubers, is logical. But you can try or try to loot some nice loot:)

IMO: Five capped levels depending on skill level and five groups of prizes would have been better. Now, let the flaming begin...

Anyways, hopefully there is a lot of fun loot. People seem to have liked last years event a lot. I'll save the whining for after the event ;)

Exactly my thoughts, would give + REP but need to spread some love first

well if you look at feffox mayhem, some not-ubers have gotten some prizes.... ;P

I liked that kind of event and i think one mayhem with categories (i.e. the real one) is enough. other events with crazy weirdnes are cool.

Regards
Thark

well if you look at feffox mayhem, some not-ubers have gotten some prizes.... ;P

I liked that kind of event and i think one mayhem with categories (i.e. the real one) is enough. other events with crazy weirdnes are cool.

Regards
Thark

Yeah, but they should be cycled around the planets, not just always on caly.

"All levels can compete" doesn't necessarily mean "people who hasn't invested anything has the same chance to win over people who invested hundreds of thousands in gear"

There are prizes for everyone who can reach 5k points. Small prizes are also prizes.

Why is there so much variance between the level of the first mob and the boss? I'd love to do level one, and could take most of the mobs, but going from a level 5 mob to a level 26 boss is a HUGE change in difficulty, and would actually require a couple of armor changes even for people who could take a level 26 mob, if they wanted to stay eco.

Is this the first time they post items eco? If so, NICE, the rest is bla bla bla...

I added the new melee amps in entropedia so we can use them with the weapon compare feature.

cool - nice to see they are doing an event again this year- let's hope it isn't like last years "disaster"
Also - that even where you went into The Core - people were getting tons of points from the lower level instances. I agree any hunting event such as this is always an uber only fest - but let's hope fun is had by all.

*muuuahahahahahaha!!!** (evil scary laugh*)

Lower levels can compete because the loot is still random. You could go thru the high level instances and never get a rare pumpkin. You could jump into the low level instances and loot a 5000 pointer. It still comes down to luck to some degree. Plus there are non-placement prizes.

Lower levels can compete because the loot is still random. You could go thru the high level instances and never get a rare pumpkin. You could jump into the low level instances and loot a 5000 pointer. It still comes down to luck to some degree. Plus there are non-placement prizes.

You can´t !!!

The various Halloween Pumpkins are distributed in relation to creature difficulty

Speak, 5k great pumpkin drops in Instance 5, forget about lower levels!

Absolutely. This is not a all levels can compete event, so... you all might have as well not take part.

If you don't have the Terminator or cannot borrow it, forget about the top prizes. You might as well forget about it all, also ... stop reading this post now!

If you do have the Terminator or can borrow it ... do you really think they have not learned their lesson and disabled top tier pumpkin drops for high dps users? Not a chance! You might want to just go and sulk in a corner and wait for the next Mayhem!

What, me try to stack the event in my favor? Never!

Absolutely. This is not a all levels can compete event, so... you all might have as well not take part.

If you don't have the Terminator or cannot borrow it, forget about the top prizes. You might as well forget about it all, also ... stop reading this post now!

If you do have the Terminator or can borrow it ... do you really think they have not learned their lesson and disabled top tier pumpkin drops for high dps users? Not a chance! You might want to just go and sulk in a corner and wait for the next Mayhem!

What, me try to stack the event in my favor? Never!

The gamechanger it seems is the 5k pointer, +me and stryker owns the terminator and wont lend to anybody......maybe hes away at work so possibly only me shooting it :)

Up for a good match? ;)

The gamechanger it seems is the 5k pointer, +me and stryker owns the terminator and wont lend to anybody......maybe hes away at work so possibly only me shooting it :)

Up for a good match? ;)

You two guys have my biggest respect for how you did this :yup:

Anyone want to loan my BL18000 :tongue2:

It's the way it's always been, and probably always will be. The rich get richer, trickle down economics, etc etc etc. It sucks, but this game has never been about "fair".

They call the best gear , the best gear.

And thats cause its the best gear, meaning you have a chance of winning stuff using it.

I dont see a problem with that :)

Up for a good match? ;)

I am committed to doing the best I can for 40 hours. Probably in level 3 still, due to my low (32) evader.

Back