This is why we kill Kong.

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
I have been shooting on roughly half the Kongs that have ever spawned...

Many days we lose, just like all mobs, it takes dozens of kills sometimes to get a multiplier, but eventually, they will come. To those there today that never gave up, I want to say ty!

Genesis GOD, Skeezer, Henry Ha, Ruisu, Angel Akyla, opaloman, hunter forever, and Dmatrix, (if I forgot anyone, sorry) you are all true warriors, (even tho damatrix left on the kong after this one, due to GF aggro :p)

In addition to the UL Golden Tommy gun I discovered (1 of only 2 exist), I also looted UFO discovery (sold for 3k) and an UL King Kong Snub Nose in the past...and this today!

Sorry for the messy screen, was in a rush...and I meant to show the Laser stack instead of the Schrapnal again, but it was over 1k laser too.

This is why I love shared, why I suffer through tons of bad loot on shared, because this can happen. Anyone who complains about shared returns just doesn't try hard enough or make their ped lasts long enough to get through the bad streaks with no multipliers.

Last edited:
Hell yea this was a fun hunt. Sux I couldn't stay for the last one but this was fun and a nice surprise at the end!!:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Hell yea this was a fun hunt. Sux I couldn't stay for the last one but this was fun and a nice surprise at the end!!:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Yeah the last Kong took about twice as long with you gone...was only like 450 or something so you didnt miss much :)

Yeah the last Kong took about twice as long with you gone...was only like 450 or something so you didnt miss much :)

Haha. I was like I better not miss another 5 digit while watch some TV on the couch with the old lady! But even so I'm pretty sure everyone is pretty happy who joined, and you guys had a nice Pop earlier too.

Gratz for the nice items
You earned fairly those things my friend :yup: above all you're cool guy!
with another gunslinger ---> "Dmatrix" and all the other crazy guys on the field there,
it worth for someone to participate and have fun!

Gratz man! I really need to make a trip to RT sometime to help out with King Kong.. Maybe I can loot a tommy gun for myself too :D

I'm on RT this week and plan to join in on a couple if you hunt kong between 2300-0300ma time frames. I have no problems with helping grind all those pesky zombies down either. I sometimes just grind zombies and leave Kong because no-one is around to help kill him :D

Nice :), gratz to all who were there :). Narfi got me over for the kong waves a while ago, was a lot of fun :).

Kong!

Always fun crazy times taking that damn dirty ape down!

entropia_2014-10-28_00-35-55-28.jpg

Thanks for the fun people!

:yay:

This is why I love shared, why I suffer through tons of bad loot on shared, because this can happen. Anyone who complains about shared returns just doesn't try hard enough or make their ped lasts long enough to get through the bad streaks with no multipliers.

Good for you :)

But look up 'survival bias' :p

Lots of fun

Killing those dirty apes was the best hunt i've ever had and the team was awesome too, we never surrender and got our reward.:wtg:

Huge Gratz!!! :yay:

In Kong we trust :)

Damn you and your uber luck taco. Where was that when you and I were hunting BBs the other night? But seriously Gratz to you and all the rest that got that cool loot. Maybe it's time I got you to teach me a thing or two on RT.

Good for you :)

But look up 'survival bias' :p

I get what you are saying, but being smart, making my ped last so I can shoot the entire duration of an event that I am online, watching when to shoot stuff, and knowing when to hold back, and never giving up til the last second, having a network of fellow shared friends that share info, knowing when an item should drop, and when it wont, sometimes having to wake up at 4am to shoot for 3 hours before work, and basically spending every second I can in this game on shared loot when its available, I can definitely say loot works out, it is fair, and shared loot is the ONLY thing I have ever profited long term on in this game. Over 1 million peds cycled on shared loot, and my profit margin gets bigger each time.

Now, the rest of my game is a massive suck-fest, but that's another story.

The reason I say this though is because I want people to understand that shared is not a short term endeavor. Expect to lose if you treat it as such. If you do it the RIGHT way, you CAN play without losing and even profit, and most importantly, trust the shared loot system, it works, and it is fair. And every single whiner I see at events every day that just doesn't get it needs to learn that shared loot is the biggest gamble in this game, and if you don't work hard at it and learn, then you are just another fish. :)

Question: Not counting the sales of the "rare drops" (Tommy, UFO, Snubnose, etc.), would you still have profited?

Rocktropia just shared this post on their Facebook wall!

Question: Not counting the sales of the "rare drops" (Tommy, UFO, Snubnose, etc.), would you still have profited?

On Kong, yes but barely. And I missed the 2 5-digit ones right when Kong first arrived. Also, I haven't sold my Tommy or one snub, so I never even counted that. I broke even without those items by selling alien masks for +300 for weeks (now the mu crashed tho but still get +30 usually), selling tons of Speed metal for 2000%, selling tons of spleen for 106 etc...and of course being there for many other multipliers.

On shared loot:
Not as much, but overall, yes, absolutely still profited. And Kong is less than 2-3% of my shared cycling in my life. Take away all items I looted, the 17k from the 196k Smuggler, and a few of the 4k-7k tt item loots I got on some of the others, then maybe not. But I bet even without those, I still would be very close to even.

I have been part of 7 shared ATH and possibly 8, though it was so long ago I can't remember for sure. But 7 were for sure. Yes, it is because I didn't miss these that I am up, that is for sure, but it wasn't luck that got me there to be part of 7, it was understanding how it works, and how I needed to work...how I needed to commit, and how I needed to make sure I didn't bust my nut in 2 hours like the ones that whine at every event.

I LOVE shared, and that made it easy to be there every waking moment of my in game life. Grinding til the wee hours of the morning if I new it was due, and logging out and praying I didn't miss it when it wasn't due...so yes none of my loots were lucky flukes that make that the only reason I am up, they were the results of thousands of hours and millions of peds at least shot at every shared loot mob I can find.

Although, I also want to add, that after every good shared-loot loot, my avatar endured the same shit-loot periods that we all get when we get a good solo loot, and they usually occurred in the solo looting times between shared events. The games "memory" of who got what knows no loot boundaries :)

Last edited:
Rocktropia just shared this post on their Facebook wall!

RT (= ND) always appreciate the good friends and honored 'em accordingly ;)
Taco 's one of them

Edited: (sorry Taco but Google "writing" worse than me tho :) I should quit using it)

Last edited:
A very honest and detailed answer. Thank you. :)

I got my second ul snubby on the second kong ... so even the 400+ ped was low.. it was worth the snubby =P

Back