Driller vs. Miner profession skillgains

Salo

Guardian
Society
Rotary International Entertainment
Salonga Salo Calypso
Hello,
today I noticed that my miner professional level is higher than my driller professional level eventhough I have more points in drilling. Turns out Miner get more points out of mining/drilling related skillgains.

Any idea why it is that way? Seems odd to me

You can see this unamped especially because when it comes to probes, you are putting in half as many PEDs for enmatter as you are ore. That means ore will have bigger claim sizes and typically will mean you need to use your excavator more for ore. It could be worse though. A lot of enmatter (i.e., Crude Oil) is so cheap that you'll use your excavator more than normal, and most ores are worth a decent amount more than Crude Oil at least. There's a little balancing there at least, but in the end it shouldn't effect anything to the point where you should feel the need to balance the professions out.

Thank you for the reply but i was wondering more about the skillgains. My excavator decays the same, no matter if I dig up enmatter or ore. However every skillpoint in extracting ore contributes more to the miner profession than a skillpoint gained in extracting enmatter contributes to driller. Hope this makes sense. -> you level faster in miner than driller, with the same amout off skillpoints

It´s because miner-profession is way more awesome than drilling(plus info u got from ppl before me).

F*ck survey and the whole enmatter-industry, ore for the win!:yay:

Possibly another skill also adds to the miner profession and not to driller?

According to Entropedia.info there are 6 skills that contribute to mining one being driller, but for drilling there is only one skill that effects it driller. So as you go up in archeoloist, driller, miner, surveyor, prospector, and treasure hunter you go up in mining where none of those besides miner contribute to the drilling.

Now granted there could be incomplete data about drilling entered into entropiawiki.com it does give you an understanding why mining goes up faster then drilling. Could just be many more skills going up contribute to mining more then so to drilling.

Back