Shrapnel beware they disappear.

maxwellhawk

Prowler
Society
Damage Inc.
max hawk phoenix
I got 121 ped armax global today - it was all shrapnel (verified in the loot window). I had to log out for awhile after getting it - after logging back in I continued on to nymphtown. Upon arrival I went to the terminals to check my inventory and found that the shrapnel was not there. Support ticket filed

I got 121 ped armax global today - it was all shrapnel (verified in the loot window). I had to log out for awhile after getting it - after logging back in I continued on to nymphtown. Upon arrival I went to the terminals to check my inventory and found that the shrapnel was not there. Support ticket filed

This is going to sound VERY offensive...buuuuuuut....did you happen to convert it?

It will be nice to keep track of how much Shrapnel we loot and how much we have in the end of a run.
Even if we converting it on the fly.
I'm afraid I faced the same problem a couple of times.
But since I didn't kept notes I can't be sure.

/Max The answer probably you are going to get is ----> "dear friend you converted it"

Could you have 'merged stacks' with storage or checked Weapons (Thinking it's like ammo) instead of the Materials tab?

If this is a real bug, it's totally unacceptable.

Have similar case opened with support, but shrapnels didn't apear at all (Hogglo)

Another bug is when you convert sharapnels during autoshooting your gun, no ammo is consumed until u stop&start shooting again. Shots left counter stopping ( even if amount dhooted exceeds amount of just converted ammount ), support case sent also.

No I didn't convert to ammo and I did check all my stacks. Thought maybe some of the loot went to regular ammo but not that either. It apparently didn't go into inventory even though it showed in the loot window. I didn't even open my inventory until I got back to town.

After the update the missing loot showed up in the form of spartacus f gloves :)

After the update the missing loot showed up in the form of spartacus f gloves :)

glad you got something nice as compensation

anyway, is the problem solved or will it still happen that loot appears in loot window but not in inventory.

glad you got something nice as compensation

anyway, is the problem solved or will it still happen that loot appears in loot window but not in inventory.

I am simply counting mobs killed and after hunt i am adding avg loot/mob + globals. Then check in TT if something out of ordinary happened like 100 ped + missing.

It is beter to check that imho as we all see that loot system is not bug free. It used to be bug free for years until MA deceided to change few thing here and there.

After reading more and more threads about "something missing" (this thread about loot and other threads about auctions) - i think i will switch to "solo hunting in team" and make simple chat reader that will add all the loot i get. In addition i think i should also get some sort of auction tracker too...

Trust in the system is not present anymore...

Falagor
:bandit:

After reading more and more threads about "something missing" (this thread about loot and other threads about auctions) - i think i will switch to "solo hunting in team" and make simple chat reader that will add all the loot i get. In addition i think i should also get some sort of auction tracker too...

Falagor

1. Many of the other threads have turned out to be complete bs

2. If you disable loot window, you'll get loot in text form.

Never tried that, is it visible in the chat? Could it be read out from chat log file ?

Never tried that, is it visible in the chat? Could it be read out from chat log file ?
No, if you disable loot windows, you get notifications in the upper left corner of the screen, like Shrapnel (0.02 PED).

1. Many of the other threads have turned out to be complete bs

I have disabled loot window... other than in top left orver - is it visible somewhere else?

Reading from chat - 15minutes of work.
Reading from picutre - quite some more to get realiable OCR.

Falagor

Why trust computer systems - they're programmed by people, after all. :evilking:

Making your own chat reader isn't really necessary - EntropiaLife tracker keeps track of team loot and works just fine.

Why trust computer systems - they're programmed by people, after all. :evilking:

Making your own chat reader isn't really necessary - EntropiaLife tracker keeps track of team loot and works just fine.

True but making my own have one advantage - i can process data furthermore for my needs - i.e. long term tracking with added markup etc. Colecting my own database give me more control over the data ;).

Falagor

I have disabled loot window... other than in top left orver - is it visible somewhere else?

Reading from chat - 15minutes of work.
Reading from picutre - quite some more to get realiable OCR.

Falagor

Awh stop being lazy :silly2:

Problem with fake teams though is whenever the other person decides to leave just when you are about to loot an ath.

True but making my own have one advantage - i can process data furthermore for my needs - i.e. long term tracking with added markup etc. Colecting my own database give me more control over the data ;).

You can export .csv from EL tracker.

(No, I'm not on their payroll :silly2:)

You can export .csv from EL tracker.

(No, I'm not on their payroll :silly2:)

True ;) - i might check it out. But still importing is just little easier than making my own ;).

Btw i still wonder why we "have to" be in team to get this data...

@edit:
and yes - as you can see i am lazy a little ;). Trying to figure out simples solution that will take least effort but will give me full functionality.

Falagor

Back