The 1PED incremental hunting ladder

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Good day,

One thing that has been on my mind for a while is wondering how much you can do in game at what cost. I've just recently begun to stash up on various deeds that gives me a few PED a day. I (and probably at least someone of you other) would find it interesting to have a hunting ladder based on expected losses to use for milestones and guidance. Basically a "this is what you can do with a daily income of x ped".

If we assume the following:
- There is a bankroll big enough to stash loot.
- Long-term return is about 90% including markup and multipliers.

Then for 1 PED a day you could make a 10 PED hunt (expected loss is 1PED). Such a hunt could be killing 250 Caudatergus Punys at 4pec each or 250 Berycled Punys at the same cost. Finishing the 10k puny mission would require 40 days.

At 2 PED a day I really don't see much more than doubling the stakes from the 1PED level, really. Perhaps you could go slightly more uneconomical and have a bit less boring.

At 3PED a day we have reached a hunting budget of 30PED. At this point you would be able to hunt Shinkibas. The young ones are at 30hp and you could take down 250 a day including overkill. The shinkiba 10k could be finished in 40 days.

---

Alright, I just realized that what I've written is a mess. I hope you get the idea, I will update the first post once I get my hands on a PC.

Feel free to chip in with some ideas. I will be adding up to it in order to show that a low level player actually could benefit from the various deeds. Also, I am trying to convince myself that all my deed-buying was not a waste of money...

---
Edit:

Remember it's work in progress. Feel free to add to the various levels!

So, the basic idea is explained above. I will add to this section as soon as I figure out what can be done at a sane and productive rate depending on the rate of income and/or deposits. The model I am suggesting assumes a big enough bankroll to support hoarding and purchase of weapons and tools with money outside the bankroll. I also assume a long-term return as high as 90% including multipliers and markup on sales.

PPD = Ped per day

1 PPD
Given we are in the hunting section, there is not much else to do with such an income than hunting puny mobs with a hp of 10. Assuming a return of 90% the 1PPD should support hunting for 10 PED. This would be just about enough to kill 250 puny mobs using any of the entry level weapons. Finishing the 10k puny iron challenge would take about 40 days, unless returns from runs with positive results get recycled the same day.

2 PPD
At 2PPD it is quite possible to widen the range of mobs to include the smallest sabakumas and maffoids. However, none of these counts towards any iron challenge and therefore it would probably be more rewarding long-term to stay with the punys.

3 PPD
At 3PPD it is possible to add Shinkibas to the list of huntable mobs. The young ones have no more than 30HP and at a return rate of 90% and cheap SIB weapons you should be able to take down at least 250 a day.

Last edited:
well it's theoretically possible however 90% is a long-term average and you could have a low loot period stretching for 5-6 hunts...5-6 hunts at 60% would kill your budget. I'd say 3 ped a day for a puny run (expect 70% return) would be safer :)

well it's theoretically possible however 90% is a long-term average and you could have a low loot period stretching for 5-6 hunts...5-6 hunts at 60% would kill your budget. I'd say 3 ped a day for a puny run (expect 70% return) would be safer :)

That's why I added the part about a big enough bankroll ;)

For small mobs a bankroll of a thousand or two would be sufficient. The 1 Ped per day income should be enough to cover the losses when hunting 250 punys a day.

Nice thinking, I like the idea.

What daily income would I need to kill 150 Atrox Old-Provider every day, asuming an average return of 70% :D

Anybody bored and willing to do the math ?

What daily income would I need to kill 150 Atrox Old-Provider every day, asuming an average return of 70% :D

Guessing here, but...

Say you take about 5 to 6 peds to kill an Atrox Provider...so 150 equals 750 PEDs to 900 PEDs.

Assuming 70% average returns.

So 30% of that would be 225 PEDs to 270 PEDs per day of income.

I'ld say 250 PEDs would be a good guesstimate?

And taking that a step further...

Your looking at about 542 CLDs (used this week's payout of 3.23 PEDs to get this) or 25000 AUDs (used a payout of 0.01 PEDs a day to get this).

Last edited:

Well, old ones have a HP of 1110. Regen is high so let's say 1300hp. At an eco of 2.95 it would cost roughly 4.4 PED to kill one or 660 to kill 150. At 70% return, including armor and fap decay, you would need an income of 198 PED a day.

So, that's AUDs for a million ped or CLDs for 700k or so.

Can they really be that expensive? I must have done something wrong, otherwise your better off gambling on amp crafting.

Edit: At 90% return though, 66PED a day would be sufficient. But that would require a large bankroll, expensive gear and probably quite a bit of HP.

Last edited:

Atrox Provider 1290 HP /~6.14 regen ( http://eldslott.org/entropia/ )

With a halfway sensible weapon will const ~5.50 PED / kill. 150 kills makes 825 PED killcost for 150 mobs
Return of 70% is 577.5 PED. So cost after return would be 247,5 ( Excluding MArkup and Defensecosts etc ) So More of a prob will be the buffer to feather swings. Assume a buffer for 2000 Loot Events you already would need 11000 PED. However with this buffer 70% is not a realistic scenario imho, as you have enough to get a better return % oddds are good to be between 85% and 95% in that amount of PED cycled, so i would reformulate the return
Weapon setup: With a more sensible weapon setup ( e.g. Calytrek Mk1 + Dante ) you can bring down cost per kill to roughly 5.05 PED.
So 5.05 * 150 = 757.5 * 0.85 = 643.875 return so 113,625 PED actual cost ( Neglecting all defense cost in the calc as well as Markup) and lower end return distribution.

Taking best case in opposition ( Maxed Aimk2 + HCA204 ) lowers cost per kill again significantly:
4.42 * 150 = 663 PED ( now taking upper band loot distribution of 95% ) * 0,95 = 629,85 return so actual cost 33,15 PED ( same model conditions as above ).

These are just example how you can model the cost with the setup you use and the mob health / regen parameters. For a more accurate picture you can take expected defense cost and Markup used and average Markup per mob gained and such into account, then you might be on a good way for proper cost accounting.

BR

So, I am going to abandon my old style in benefit of this. Put all my shit on auction except for the low level gear. Tonight I will begin my new adventures (in an excel sheet though, so I can hide it if I fail).

I will add up levels one through five tonight. Will spend a bit of time on entropedia looking for suitable mobs. Whatever mobs I'll add I am looking to make each level support at least an hour of playing per day. I guess this could be used to figure out what level to hunt at suitable for your monthly deposits.

Basic idea is to slowly build your avatar without losses and without putting any effort into trading and such. Around 10 ped a day I'm thinking the best possible thing to do would actually be mining due to the crazy multipliers you don't get in hunting.

Feel free to share ideas, the more the merrier right?

So, I am going to abandon my old style in benefit of this. Put all my shit on auction except for the low level gear. Tonight I will begin my new adventures (in an excel sheet though, so I can hide it if I fail).

I will add up levels one through five tonight. Will spend a bit of time on entropedia looking for suitable mobs. Whatever mobs I'll add I am looking to make each level support at least an hour of playing per day. I guess this could be used to figure out what level to hunt at suitable for your monthly deposits.

Basic idea is to slowly build your avatar without losses and without putting any effort into trading and such. Around 10 ped a day I'm thinking the best possible thing to do would actually be mining due to the crazy multipliers you don't get in hunting.

I think this is a wonderful thing to try. It reminds me of the experiment BlackHawk ran with 5 fresh avatars. he gave them 150 ped a month I think and tried to get them to stay in budget and survive. I think it worked well at the low levels.

As someone who can't really deposit at the moment and is surviving on sweating for ped and some trading, i'd love to know how this works out for you. I wonder if it makes sense for long term fun though to get twice the amount of deeds you need, put half the pay outs to more deeds and half to 'playing' that way your budget grows long term too, allowing you at least some sense of progress.

I think this is a wonderful thing to try. It reminds me of the experiment BlackHawk ran with 5 fresh avatars. he gave them 150 ped a month I think and tried to get them to stay in budget and survive. I think it worked well at the low levels.

As someone who can't really deposit at the moment and is surviving on sweating for ped and some trading, i'd love to know how this works out for you. I wonder if it makes sense for long term fun though to get twice the amount of deeds you need, put half the pay outs to more deeds and half to 'playing' that way your budget grows long term too, allowing you at least some sense of progress.

Well, that's what I'm thinking. Or thereabouts. In case I don't get too bored (with other words; learn to enjoy challenges) I will be piling up on deeds by monthly deposits or once my account balance is at somewhat positive numbers. I will however put away a few ped to use for events and such.

With Opallo Sga/ Ozpyn LR S1X +A101 and 1000 Ped Bankroll it is really difficult to burn 150 ped in 1 month if you collect the most important markup stuff

I did the same when ClD came out. I sold all my gear and bought CLDs with that. I would buy one CLD each few weeks from that point on. I slowly bought my gear back with weekly income, ingame profits etc.
Now whenever I deposit I always buy a few Auds. Also with a hof I always buy at least one Aud. And sometimes I convert 26 Auds into CLDs.
I cycle the weekly income from CLDs once and then I put the stackables in inventory and save up. I recycle ammo and now also the shrapnel until I am left with nothing, each time putting stackable loot in inventory.
When I have saved up some stuff I put it on auction, items go to my shop on Monria. Im really happy with the new drop of unlimited armor, because It gives me more items for my shop.
I rarely get the frustrated feeling of having no more peds, because that doesn't really happen for me anymore. I get ped each day from AUD and a big chunk of ped each week from CLD, and most of the time when I log on something sold in my shop on Monria. I love this game.

With Opallo Sga/ Ozpyn LR S1X +A101 and 1000 Ped Bankroll it is really difficult to burn 150 ped in 1 month if you collect the most important markup stuff
A few years ago I tried to do it small, Opalo SGA + burn one A101 for (small) Daikiba/run. ~55 PED ammo + amp decay IIRC (more exactly 73.2 PED ammo+amp I believe). That's almost two hours of hunting if you (like I did) log everything.

With losses in the range 18%-25% you'd last perhaps ten days on 150 PED. With exactly zero chance (in my experience) to loot anything with any decent markup to make up for the losses.

That was doing it as eco as I could back then. $15/month? Add some "fun" into the equation and as a beginner $50-$100/month easily vanished. I'm not complaining about this, just observing facts.

If I hadn't logged anything, those ~18 PED losses would have been done in perhaps 65-70 minutes. That'd be ~40 CLD's to cover. At 1355 each, that'd require depositing 5,420 USD to be able to hunt for just over an hour a day at the lowest level available at the time.

In my book that's not "expensive" - it's pretty much the definition of insanity.

Like I once said back in autumn/winter 2009: "If this is a golden age, I'd hate to see how it is when it ends". I did live to see it.

Back