Organized attack on Twin Peaks

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Alright. I am now officially tired of all the pets and vehicles at Twin Peaks and am now looking to organize an attack effectively clearing the streets by using creature control. Since we all got some Halloween gifts today, I would imagine that now would be the time to gather troops.

As for time; I am looking to do this sometime between 2000 and 0100 UTC on a day not yet determined during one of the following weeks.

Would there be any kind of interest to join in among you others? I am guessing we would be quite a few to pull it off.

Edit: Just for clarification: This is an idea. Such an event would not last very long due to the nature of creature control and the low levels if the creatures that were handed out. On top of that, I will listen to anyone against the idea since it is meant to be fun and not disturbing.

Edit2: Apparently I need to clarify further. I have nothing against Twin Peaks and the players who are there. It is just a bad excuse to organize an invasion of it. Twin Peaks is very active and quite small which is the reason I believe that would be a great place for such an event.

Edit3;So, here is how I'm thinking this is going to play out. I'd like opinions on it.

1. The players for the creature side will be gathered through PCF and organized using a custom chat in game. As soon as there are enough of us I'll set a time and date interval.

2. Sometime during that interval the attack will be initiated. The people in Twin Peaks will be warned a few minutes in advance through in game communication. That way those who do not want to participate can leave and those who want to can stay and won't be overly prepared.

3. During the attack those on the creature side agree to not go indoors and mess up auctions and crafting. Neither will you camp at revival.

Does it sound like a fair approach? That shouldn't conflict with anyone's experience of the game

Last edited:
You want to do pvp then tt those bullshit pills and go into a proper pvp area. Why the fuck should those of us who are totally against pvp have to put up with this crap?

Well an invasion in twin peaks of pumpkins would be a lot of fun. So i might be up for that if i happen to be on caly at the time of the event.

On the other hand i am with slither on the intrusion on other people's gameplay. But i guess it is better the killing all the newcomers :laugh:

You want to do pvp then tt those bullshit pills and go into a proper pvp area. Why the fuck should those of us who are totally against pvp have to put up with this crap?

The same applies to space and we had to swallow it.

Yay, more forced pvp.........

Well an invasion in twin peaks of pumpkins would be a lot of fun. So i might be up for that if i happen to be on caly at the time of the event.

On the other hand i am with slither on the intrusion on other people's gameplay. But i guess it is better the killing all the newcomers :laugh:

The same applies to space and we had to swallow it.

Yay, more forced pvp.........

Would such an event really cause any harm? I am not looking to mess with anyone's game here, just figured it would be a fun thing to pull off.

Seriously, would it be a game breaker even if a heads up was given? Perhaps it could be organized with an opposing force ready to defend even though that would require sportsmanship in form of a mutual agreement upon weapon size in order to make it last more than a few seconds.

We are talking about a one time event of ten minutes tops.

Last edited:
Can we attack Deth's fireplace which plays hell with my graphics :ahh:

So with these controlled mobs, it is possible to stalk someone hunting a big mob outside PvP, wait until he kills half of it, then morph into another big mob and send him to revive, while eventually his buddies take over the mob (just a scenario)

I can see a lot of "fun" going on - even at puny fields, when some grinding freak wants to finish his 10k mission in 2 hours or reach that fraction of skill undisturbed.

Was not the initial idea that those mobs can be controlled in PvP arena only?

In all honestly against those people blasting the idea, this is something that some one wants to create for fun, on the forums.

Meaning all will find out when and where it will be, so players who do not want to be part of it can avoid it.

It's like the space pirates saying they are going to have a genuine siesta so every one can fly their shit from planet to planet without having to worry about being shot down.

I for one, would love this idea. (Mostly to make a nice video for my YT channel.)

Alright. I am now officially tired of all the pets and vehicles at Twin Peaks and am now looking to organize an attack effectively clearing the streets by using creature control. Since we all got some Halloween gifts today, I would imagine that now would be the time to gather troops.

As for time; I am looking to do this sometime between 2000 and 0100 UTC on a day not yet determined during one of the following weeks.

Would there be any kind of interest to join in among you others? I am guessing we would be quite a few to pull it off.

Edit: Just for clarification: This is an idea. Such an event would not last very long due to the nature of creature control and the low levels if the creatures that were handed out. On top of that, I will listen to anyone against the idea since it is meant to be fun and not disturbing.

Why twin people bother you so much I tough is a place to show and chat if you wanna some action I think pvp4 is the way to go:beerchug:

Why twin people bother you so much I tough is a place to show and chat if you wanna some action I think pvp4 is the way to go:beerchug:

They don't bother me. I just need an excuse to pull this off. And how on earth is pvp4 comparable to setting up an invasion of one of the few active towns?

They don't bother me. I just need an excuse to pull this off. And how on earth is pvp4 comparable to setting up an invasion of one of the few active towns?

I dint say was comparable I say action . The thing you wanna do is and act of f@@@k around with people trading at twin I don't really mind bcuz I rarely visit twin but I really don't see what you looking to achieve there

I dint say was comparable I say action . The thing you wanna do is and act of f@@@k around with people trading at twin I don't really mind bcuz I rarely visit twin but I really don't see what you looking to achieve there

I am not looking for action. I am looking to organize a fun event. The fucking around would last for a few minutes and people would know in advance.

Revive is four seconds away from boxes, balcony and whatever.

Whats with the instant naysayer bullcrap? OP is trying to get ppl to have a little fun in game, a break from the grind/loss treadmill....join in and have fun ffs..revive still costs nothing I think?

So with these controlled mobs, it is possible to stalk someone hunting a big mob outside PvP, wait until he kills half of it, then morph into another big mob and send him to revive, while eventually his buddies take over the mob (just a scenario)

I can see a lot of "fun" going on - even at puny fields, when some grinding freak wants to finish his 10k mission in 2 hours or reach that fraction of skill undisturbed.

Was not the initial idea that those mobs can be controlled in PvP arena only?

This hardly seems likely, I was attacking a big pumpkin yesterday in my yellows, and they only hit for 30 damage. Anyone who is able to kill a big mob isn't going to have a problem gunning down pumpkins.

seems fun.

most players should be able to kill one only issuse is how damn fast they are :)

This hardly seems likely, I was attacking a big pumpkin yesterday in my yellows, and they only hit for 30 damage. Anyone who is able to kill a big mob isn't going to have a problem gunning down pumpkins.

On the contrary...

Unless you can one shot kill or take it down within a few shots...its pretty hard to kill it.

Why?

It runs too freakin' fast and worse of all....regens.

On the contrary...

Unless you can one shot kill or take it down within a few shots...its pretty hard to kill it.

Why?

It runs too freakin' fast and worse of all....regens.

On the contrary...

The original idea about stalking and ks using CC was so farfetched and stupid that it we will see a Opalo -> MM 1:1 trade before it actually happens.

And what has kill stealing to do with this thread anyways?

On the contrary...

The original idea about stalking and ks using CC was so farfetched and stupid that it we will see a Opalo -> MM 1:1 trade before it actually happens.

And what has kill stealing to do with this thread anyways?

Wait...what?

I was referring to killing a player-controlled "The Big Pumpkin".

Since its player-controlled....it runs when its in danger. And since it runs so fast....other players can't catch up to it easily and will get out of shooting range of weapon very quickly.

Furthermore, as it regens too....it becomes pretty hard to kill this player-controlled pumpkin dude easily...unless you can one-shot it or kill it within a few shots.

Nothing to do with kill-stealing in there, afaik.

Wait...what?

I was referring to killing a player-controlled "The Big Pumpkin".

Since its player-controlled....it runs when its in danger. And since it runs so fast....other players can't catch up to it easily and will get out of shooting range of weapon very quickly.

Furthermore, as it regens too....it becomes pretty hard to kill this player-controlled pumpkin dude easily...unless you can one-shot it or kill it within a few shots.

Nothing to do with kill-stealing in there, afaik.

Was talking about the original post that started the discussion by Tepes. Didn't think of the fact that you might reply only to what was written in the post you quoted.

Point is still valid though and applies to everyone else in the thread :wise:

Saw a pumpkin killing new players in Thule.

What do you guys think a new player will do, after shooting his free ammo at it and being unable to continue with the introductory missions:

A. He will rush to deposit money in a game he barely knows.

B. He will say "!@#$ this, I'm out of here".

Just an example what a controlled mob can do in non-PVP area. The gift is really great and fun and all, really, but the impact...

I have absolutely nothing against some fun even at Twin, but in areas where people are actively spending money, is a bad idea from Mindark part letting this happen.

Again, I think people were not against your initiative WhiningSkeptic which can be great fun, but against the idea of PvP in non-PvP areas. This is why I asked if it is possible, I was traveling towards Calypso at that moment.

Sounds like fun to me :) If I should be on Caly at that moment count me in. And if people at Twins know when it will happen they should be prepared and thats gonna be a nice event for everone i guess. :yay:

Saw a pumpkin killing new players in Thule.

What do you guys think a new player will do, after shooting his free ammo at it and being unable to continue with the introductory missions:

A. He will rush to deposit money in a game he barely knows.

B. He will say "!@#$ this, I'm out of here".

Just an example what a controlled mob can do in non-PVP area. The gift is really great and fun and all, really, but the impact...

I have absolutely nothing against some fun even at Twin, but in areas where people are actively spending money, is a bad idea from Mindark part letting this happen.

Again, I think people were not against your initiative WhiningSkeptic which can be great fun, but against the idea of PvP in non-PvP areas. This is why I asked if it is possible, I was traveling towards Calypso at that moment.

I understand that it is new and a lot of people aren't comfortable with it. However, despite all feelings people have and all their opinions on wheter or not CC should have been implemented to start with, I would like to keep this thread clean from that.

It gets frustrating when every thread where the subject is touched in turns into the same sandbox. Could we keep that in the other threads and perhaps use this one to discuss the suggested idea in the OP?

Could we keep that in the other threads and perhaps use this one to discuss the suggested idea in the OP?

Was just about to edit my post to say that my intention was not to hijack the thread. Sorry.

So, here is how I'm thinking this is going to play out. I'd like opinions on it.

1. The players for the creature side will be gathered through PCF and organized using a custom chat in game. As soon as there are enough of us I'll set a time and date interval.

2. Sometime during that interval the attack will be initiated. The people in Twin Peaks will be warned a few minutes in advance through in game communication. That way those who do not want to participate can leave and those who want to can stay and won't be overly prepared.

3. During the attack those on the creature side agree to not go indoors and mess up auctions and crafting. Neither will you camp at revival.

Does it sound like a fair approach? That shouldn't conflict with anyone's experience of the game.

You can also see this as one of the oldtime occasion peope brought in argonauts in the past.

From a lower level player's perspective: in a serious pvp zone you're likely to be one-hitted by tango or VREX SGA by someone with mod fap; while most likely the peope who usually are at Twin peaks can take care of the halloween mobs most of the time.

Back