Amp: D-Class Amp x8 (ish) + x1 Lv 13 Amp
TT Cost: 1789
TT Return: 1112.4
TT Return %: 62.2%

Total Bombs: 21165
Total TT Cost: 52730
Total TT Return: 49166
Total TT Return %: 93.2%

Long Term Target: >85% overall tt returns, (as i mine in taxed LA's)

Bits to note:

Rgds

Ace

PS: Second post in this thread shows breakdown of the %'s of each run, as well as the running total and a graph to visualise

Run 72:

Bombs: 300
TT Cost: 1788.9
TT Return: 1194.2
TT Return %: 66.8%

Total Bombs: 21465
Total TT Cost: 54519
Total TT Return: 50360
Total TT Return %: 92.4%

Bits to note:

Rgds

Ace

PS: Second post in this thread shows breakdown of the %'s of each run, as well as the running total and a graph to visualise

That's it for now, but I will be posting my next run immediately it has finished. And you will see why ;-)

Rgds

Ace

Run 73:

Bombs: 300
TT Cost: 1850.5
TT Return: 5516.47
TT Return %: 298.1%

Total Bombs: 21765
Total TT Cost: 56370
Total TT Return: 55877
Total TT Return %: 99.1%

Bits to note:
Now that is what i call a successful run

Rgds

Ace

Reactions: MPZ
Thank you for the gratz

Happy Holidays all, and good luck with the hofs

Rgds

Ace

I know this is sort of necro but I would still like to share my thoughts on this type of logs :p,

To make all things simple I will describe a simple "model" i've made using dave data to make some things clear for,

Say you were a starting miner with 2000 ped like Dave, and you were somehow not getting any hofs larger then those XII to XIV's, how long would your ped last ?

Using daves data removing the runs with bigger hofs 24, 26, & 34 you get around 79% average return

I assumed a reasonable play time for semi motivated played would be around 10h's a week, which to keep it simple i calculated as 5 x a 300 ped run.

How long does your it last if you get (i took 1700 ped loss to calculate this with +-79%return because once you cant do a full run anymore shit goes down the drain fast)

110% average MU => 2 months
115% average MU => 3 months
120% average MU => 5 months
126.66 average MU = break even

In my experience it has been possible to go several months mining at this rate without a hof over 200 peds, Linking this to another mining thread another experiened miner said his average mu was at 118%, so that would give him about 4 months to get a big hof.

Conclusion:
Get 126.66 average markup and theoretically you should be swimming in gold :p, otherwise expect to deposit between 1000 to 400 ped every month, or more if you are a oil engineer and mining at this rate,

Anyway doing this calculation made me realise something, im not interested anymore in doing 10h's or more a week because i dont know of any areas that would give me over 126% average, and mining is really only fun if you know you are making money even if you have a bad run occasionally and according to my calculation it's not going to work out anymore :p

That being said, hofs are out there and they are epic when you get them so go out there and have fun !

No idea why you would remove the hofs Wolfram. Makes your analyses pointless?

gl hf

Not pointless. The point was how long you can keep going without hofs, which at times can be a very long time. I've had miners who have gone about as long as Dave's log here without a single hof or global, so it does happen. But with good MU you can break even or even profit even without globals.

Fair enough. Might be best to move on to higher MU areas if you wanna do your calculations on 80% returns. There are lots out there. Start looking :D

I know this is sort of necro but I would still like to share my thoughts on this type of logs :p,

To make all things simple I will describe a simple "model" i've made using dave data to make some things clear for,

Say you were a starting miner with 2000 ped like Dave, and you were somehow not getting any hofs larger then those XII to XIV's, how long would your ped last ?

Using daves data removing the runs with bigger hofs 24, 26, & 34 you get around 79% average return

I assumed a reasonable play time for semi motivated played would be around 10h's a week, which to keep it simple i calculated as 5 x a 300 ped run.

How long does your it last if you get (i took 1700 ped loss to calculate this with +-79%return because once you cant do a full run anymore shit goes down the drain fast)

110% average MU => 2 months
115% average MU => 3 months
120% average MU => 5 months
126.66 average MU = break even

In my experience it has been possible to go several months mining at this rate without a hof over 200 peds, Linking this to another mining thread another experiened miner said his average mu was at 118%, so that would give him about 4 months to get a big hof.

Conclusion:
Get 126.66 average markup and theoretically you should be swimming in gold :p, otherwise expect to deposit between 1000 to 400 ped every month, or more if you are a oil engineer and mining at this rate,

Anyway doing this calculation made me realise something, im not interested anymore in doing 10h's or more a week because i dont know of any areas that would give me over 126% average, and mining is really only fun if you know you are making money even if you have a bad run occasionally and according to my calculation it's not going to work out anymore :p

That being said, hofs are out there and they are epic when you get them so go out there and have fun !

Hehe not a necro at all, still need to update the thread. Had 18 none tt profit runs since the last update.

Back down to 90% tt returns.

Interesting analysis and as Neil points out, if you go for decent markup, which for noobs is getting more and more difficult. Then you will be okay.

But if you need the hofs then most will likely fail.

Just like in hunting, the average markup is soooo low, you have to rely on the hofs, and most of the time that is to reduce losses rather than profit. (as a none hunter i reserve the right to be completely wrong on that front)

I couldn't imagine having to start out now in mining.

Rgds

Ace

I havent updated this for a while.

I won't show individual runs, i think this thread all ready covered that.

So Totals as of today:

Total Bombs: 47483
Total TT Cost:
Total TT Return:
Total TT Return %: 93.1%

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: updated second post, to include skill changes as well

Last edited:
I havent updated this for a while.

I wont show individual runs, i think this thread all ready covered that.

So Totals as of today:

Total Bombs: 47483
Total TT Cost: 112406
Total TT Return: 12077
Total TT Return %: 93.1%
Rgds

Ace

EDIT: updated second post, to include skill changes as well

My calculator says 10.74% TT returned from total cost :scratch2:

93% of Total TT Cost: 112406 is 102787?

There is definitely some kind of typo going on there at a guess id say its supposed to be around the 102k mark ;)

My calculator says 10.74% TT returned from total cost :scratch2:

I suspect there is a missing 1 from the beginning of the TT return.

93% of Total TT Cost: 112406 is 102787?

There is definitely some kind of typo going on there at a guess id say its supposed to be around the 102k mark ;)

Yep i am an idiot lol, have updated the post, i left a "7" off the end :) And i had them the wrong way round.....

Rgds

Ace

Haha, you know what I always said mate; don't drink and post totals. ;)

Back