Profit: around 1k/month

and favorite colour: orange

I think you are wrong....

PED card: 2093.47 as I write this
Mining budget: Set to 9,500.00
Profit: 700.00 of which all is spent on other stuff
Lvl 48 prospector and 37 surveyor
Favourite color: Dark green

Edit: Ace, please let us know if you find this messing around annoying and at least I will refrain from posting anything that doesn't add any actual value to the thread.

I think you are wrong....

PED card: 2093.47 as I write this
Mining budget: Set to 9,500.00
Profit: 700.00 of which all is spent on other stuff
Lvl 48 prospector and 37 surveyor
Favourite color: Dark green

Edit: Ace, please let us know if you find this messing around annoying and at least I will refrain from posting anything that doesn't add any actual value to the thread.

Not at all......neither of you have my favourite color correct!!

Rgds

Ace

Don't make go through your post history just to be right...

Hehe, i have no idea if i have posted favourite color before or not......but just in case.... you said "dark" green, which is incorrect!!

Rgds

Ace

Hehe, i have no idea if i have posted favourite color before or not......but just in case.... you said "dark" green, which is incorrect!!

Rgds

Ace

Aha! I should have gone with my initial gut feeling then:

Everyday ordinary green :yay:

What do I win?

Or can you tell my budget and ped card and how much i lose or profit from tracker?

And before this log, you would have had no idea of my turn over...if looking at tracker

Rgds

Ace

I haven't looked at the tracker....

I'd guess with 300 ped runs, at 1 run / day Mon -Fri. and about 3 on Saturdays & Sundays you'd cycle about 3K ped in a week. Sometime more sometimes less. You probably want to be able to list for 7 days, without ped-flow issues, minimum, so start with 6K budget. You don't want to be in a rush to sell 'scraps' so add 25% to get 7.5K You don't want to be rushed in selling to a weak market (Like lyst right now) so you'd want to be able to hold twice your comfortable minimum at least. That'l give 15K as a reasonable base line of inventory + Ped card. How it's split right now I don't know.

Assuming, again, you cycle 3K ped / week, a 10% profit seems kinda high, because you would need an average MU of over 120%, but for someone's who's dedicated to learning the area it's not really unimaginable - so I'll go with it. So 300 PED x weeks you've been cycling at this amount. (or ~15K profit a year.) What you'd do with this I don't know... can't really guess at your PED card.

Of course, some people think this is all nickel and dime stuff, cause you don't use amps...... but it seems like you're profiting in a week more than other online games charge for a months subscription. Not bad for having fun :wtg:

I haven't looked at the tracker....

I'd guess with 300 ped runs, at 1 run / day Mon -Fri. and about 3 on Saturdays & Sundays you'd cycle about 3K ped in a week. Sometime more sometimes less. You probably want to be able to list for 7 days, without ped-flow issues, minimum, so start with 6K budget. You don't want to be in a rush to sell 'scraps' so add 25% to get 7.5K You don't want to be rushed in selling to a weak market (Like lyst right now) so you'd want to be able to hold twice your comfortable minimum at least. That'l give 15K as a reasonable base line of inventory + Ped card. How it's split right now I don't know.

Assuming, again, you cycle 3K ped / week, a 10% profit seems kinda high, because you would need an average MU of over 120%, but for someone's who's dedicated to learning the area it's not really unimaginable - so I'll go with it. So 300 PED x weeks you've been cycling at this amount. (or ~15K profit a year.) What you'd do with this I don't know... can't really guess at your PED card.

Of course, some people think this is all nickel and dime stuff, cause you don't use amps...... but it seems like you're profiting in a week more than other online games charge for a months subscription. Not bad for having fun :wtg:

Seems there are quite some differences between what people consider i use as a budget.

So how about a weeee little competition for fun.

Prize 100 Ped.

Competition: Guess "x".

I work out x in this way. Ever since i started mining, around 8 years ago now. I have always had a set x amount in my head for mining. That is equal to current ped card + bombs in inventory + current mining ores on auction + current ores in storage + spare finder in storage (i have always used limited finders).

Below x i do nothing. When i am above x i either spend it on random stuff eg random crafting or hunting runs. Or save it for expensive equipment. Around 5/6 months ago (maybe longer), i sold out everything. All storage went, armour, weapons fap, all mining gear and ores etc. I also sold out 100 ped tt of prospecting, and then all skills that were worth above 2000%, so mainly crafting skills.

Bottom line when i came back and started mining again around 4 months ago, i had around a 100 ped tt vrx3, and 400 ped on card. No equipment.

So it has been interesting journey, getting equipment back when i can afford. Bought a few skills in crafting back but no where near what i sold out. (This i regret the most). A few bits of armour and plates here and there.

What i am getting at is the x has always been "dynamic" and changed depending on my scenario. Since 3 months is now....the "x" hasn't changed and i am very happy with it.

For past 8 years, when ever i set an "x", i have never dipped into savings to save me from losing peds. I have always mined myself out of it. So when i finally tell you what the "x" is, that really is it.

I am now saving up to start a hunting career in PE. (Wish me luck lol)

So;
x = ped card + current bombs in inventory + Ores currently being sold in auction + ores in storage + spare limited finder in storage (Which is either VRX3K or TerraMaster 8, full TT).

People can guess "x" as many times as they like, but the last guess will be the one that counts.

Finish date: 30th November midnight.

Prize 100 Ped

Rgds

Ace

PS 300 drops is no indicator, as that is what i have always dropped (well that or 600). I like that amount always have. Even when amped i still dropped that amount.

PPS Just a bit of fun

I think it is only fair to exclude society members, as they will know more about my finance than anyone else.

Sorry guys, At least it's only nickles and dimes :cool:

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
I think it is only fair to exclude society members, as they will know more about my finance than anyone else.

Sorry guys, At least it's only nickles and dimes :cool:

Rgds

Ace

good thing i'm not in Rangers then :wtg:
Since you've added the gear as well(1k), and assuming no markup, i'll lower x to 4k.
(then again you do pay markup on the finders..... so 4.444 peds is my final guess).

Are we guessing x now or x at the end of the month? or do you put savings in your storage as ped and pec "coins" and x does not change?

For latter I am guessing 8k ped

Are we guessing x now or x at the end of the month? or do you put savings in your storage as ped and pec "coins" and x does not change?

For latter I am guessing 8k ped

"X" doesn't change. Saved peds go into storage in one form or another.

Rgds

Ace

Edit: I should start reading all the posts before asking questions....

Last edited:
"X" doesn't change. Saved peds go into storage in one form or another.

Rgds

Ace

Ok, thank you for clearing this up.

I stand by my 8k guess. Getting a feeling though it might be lower even.

7886 ped

/Arwen

Run5:

Bombs: 300
TT Cost: 315.9
TT Return: 259.88
TT Return %: 82.3%

Total Bombs: 1500
Total TT Cost: 1
Total TT Return: 1398.64
Total TT Return %: 88.6%

Bits to note: