Should controlled mobs be allowed to attack players in non-PvP areas

Should controlled mobs be allowed to attack players in non-PvP areas?

• Yes, give me hell!

Votes: 113 83.7%
  • No, leave me alone to enjoy the game as I want!

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters

Tepes

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Vlad Rookie Tepes
I will keep this simple, also my 1st poll.

Everyone on Calypso received those funny Pumpkins to control. Lots of fun without doubt.

But I think its use can cause problems.

Real case: Thule, new players being chased away and killed by a pumpkin. Some used their initial free gun and ammo to shoot back, so maybe some of those guys will be unable to finish the tutorial missions.

Also, I did not see if vehicles were attacked (if is possible), that Valkyrie is quite fragile and no idea if a controlled mob can decay it's TT (it decay naturally with use anyway).

I can extrapolate this to other situations, like miners being killed in non-PvP or low-level hunters being removed from the spawn.

While a lot of ideas can be forwarded, like special areas/arenas, I put only 2 options in the poll, yes or no, black or white.

no poll, but I say yes.

1st poll did not succeed.

Else I would have voted "Yes".
But you might consider certain zones to be controlled-mob free, just like some areas are vehicle-forbidden.

PVP should be a choice, the creature control pills need restrictions so that those who don't want to do pvp don't have to.

In the past PKers always fell back on that argument that 'if you don't want to get shot don't go in pvp', that's all bullshit now.

Tepes I love you! They hittting on infiltrator while you fight real ppl, then cc mobs run off regen come back and decay more??? <3 <3 Bring this up, wth

Worked for me, editing the poll took few seconds did not expect the thread to be posted :)

I vote yes because it introduces a way to hunt a mob not typically in the game at the moment or in places that are completely out of the ordinary. Adds to the overall game experience of wtf what are one of those doing here and why is it agroing on me at such a long range :D

As far as organizing group mob raids to ruin other peoples activities I really don't condone it but if they state very publicly they will hold event in an area and let people know it will happen so people that don't want to participate can leave and come back in short while that is fine with me. But it is hard to enforce so just have to trust other players and if it does happen you know who the A$$hols are in the game I guess because they will be reviving at the nearest revival when you kill the mob. At least they are not looting you when they kill you, surprised MA never worked that into those pills.

I don't think it makes anyone an asshole, it's part of the game.

Who said you could always be safe?

I don't think it makes anyone an asshole, it's part of the game.

Who said you could always be safe?

BUT the EULA says you can't do acts that ruin other peoples enjoyment, oh wait they add space nevermind, they should strick that our of the EULA.

Well, K-max... you selling your stuff at MU is making the game expensive for me, so I might just have to report you for spoiling my fun.

This is a new feature, and it adds fun to the game. It would be different if you could loot an avatar out of PvP, but it is not the case. And if someone uses the feature to deliberately harass someone, they can be reported.

So it's all just a matter of using the instruments provided in a positive way.

Actually, I think time will answer that question. If people use it to harass and bully then we might need to restrict it. However, if people use it properly, we won't need any.

I like the idea and the possibilities. At the same time it might raise the average MU on loot, even if only a little.

Well, K-max... you selling your stuff at MU is making the game expensive for me, so I might just have to report you for spoiling my fun..

Nah you can just not buy from me. There is no rule that says you must buy my stuff anywhere at my markups. You can always achieve it in a more fun manner by getting it yourself.

Voted yes, its fun!

Allow us to train mobs into citys, as we did in the past.
Was always fun.

Was just curious to see the PCF posters mood, for now is clear an overwhelming majority is enjoying it.

I'm not going to argue, just to illustrate what is happening. Of course, most find it fun until will happen to them.

As a twist, scanning the mob does not give the player name, so if they keep the silence the perpetrators will enjoy anonymity until time expires.

pumpkin_thule.jpg

Voted yes, its fun!

Allow us to train mobs into citys, as we did in the past.
Was always fun.

Yes it was extremely funny to see people stuck at revives with a Neconu attacking them continuously so they couldn't escape and them not being to talk on chat as they were dead.

Small mobs are one thing but when you see people trying to mob train spiders into a trade center ....

I admit to taking in a couple of atrax and combibo, even saw a soc mate wipe out the old sweating area at Camp Pheonix with a mob train once by accident, but there is a limit.

Last edited:
meh. they only last 5 minutes, so, no big deal IMO

They should just add an option in options "Disable creature pvp-ing" or similar. Once that option is ticked. You'll be unable to attack player controlled creatures and they won't be able to attack you either.
They can get the same as "Undamageable" that we get from when we attack our pets.
To prevent abuse they can simply require you to restart the client in order to enable the system again.

That way traders and players who simply don't feel like dying by player controlled creatures can just do their own thing without being affected.

Why MindArk has launched creature control system without this in place beforehand is beyond me though.

They're a mob, why isn't the turret killing them? At least that would stop some of the revive killing.

Yes, all areas are fine except anyone connected to a crafting machine (it messes up your run if you die and people often do hours long afk crafting runs), and maybe a few other zones like the newbie start areas should be safe as well.

They're a mob, why isn't the turret killing them? At least that would stop some of the revive killing.

It would indeed make sense if the turrets were to attack these mobs.

Basically entering a building should be disabled as someone mentioned can ruin the crafting run and same goes if a person is at auction, 1min left, get killed, worry if u make it in time, not a good experience imo.

yes,yes..and yes

1. No harmfull even to newbies ( nothing can be looted )
2. Last short
3. Controled mobs are weak. easily killed by anyone with gun
4. On public areas there are always some mid level palyers ready to kill it just for fun
5. They no decay vehicles
6. They bring lot of fun to boring areas

To be honest it shouldn't be allowed.
When I used the Count Vamp of Boorum at PA I only targeted players who were idol and within reach of a revive. My bigger concern was what a new female player would think being harassed by a big mob with a huge dick wrapped in a ribbon.

To be honest it shouldn't be allowed.
When I used the Count Vamp of Boorum at PA I only targeted players who were idol and within reach of a revive. My bigger concern was what a new female player would think being harassed by a big mob with a huge dick wrapped in a ribbon.

She might like it!
:laugh::laugh:

Someone should get a halloween rig run going, few hundred nooby vlads or pumpkins should do the trick :).

O cmon they are fun.....dont forget the ones killing the noobs are the ones helping them most of time ... NO TO RISTRICTIONS..:)

I said yes, or it's not gonna be fun for the controllers. Also, I tried to attack a quad and it did like no damage. Time is limited to 5 minutes unless people wanna fork out lots of peds for the extra time. Also, even with a Big Bulk, the mob can usually get killed pretty fast. I say it's a dynamic world! Be prepared.!

vote is 50/7. I am truly amazed how many of you have no regard for other players, and are prepared to hassle and upset people for you own personal fun.

Back