Fail fail fail

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
This is now becoming very tedious and we are getting scammed by MA for decay and regen on the mobs.

This is on every mob I hunt, no word of a lie - any mob that takes more than 10 attacks to kill i always get 3 or 4 fails during which time the mob still attacks me and is able to regen.

I have had quite enough this, it has been happening for quite a while now and the powers that be have done nothing to resolve this, surely I am not the only. I honestly believe that MA is trying to F@@K the player base over with this. As it is happening on nearly every mob they must be raking in the money on every kill a hunter makes.

Sorry that this is a whinning thread but it makes the game unplayable.
:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

ok hunting ambu at neas place - got the last mob down to 5% - tried to heal no luck - tried to fire - pause fail fail fail then the ambu crits me, I die - revive - heal - run back to waypoint and guess what the bloody thing has been turreted

MA not good enough - if I want to be F@@ked over, I have mt ex-wife to do that to me.

Last edited:
Playing over wireless? The easiest solution is to get a piece of cable.

The cause of this is packet delay variation, sometimes referred to as 'jitter', although there's some discussion about the terms.

Hi, I appreciate the response but both my gaming PC's are wired into the internet - I have 30 meg line and the fibre box is 20 feet from my front door, so I really don't think it is that

What results are you getting from pingtest.net? (measuring to Utrecht, The Netherlands, which is probably the closest to MA servers)

(wireless was just my guess as it seems to be a pretty common cause)

OK Ping Test

Line Quality B*
MOS 4.28
Ping 41ms
Jitter 35 ms
Server Coventry 100 miles
3.0/ 5

Unable to test packet loss

I have the same problem and it is by far the most annoying thing in EU right now for me.

I don't have anything invested in the game so I seldom think it's costing me "MY" money, but certainly my effort to earn it ...

I've always thought how serious hunters with the same problem might feel...

You said everything there needed to be said : No damage, but mob attacks and regens ... Tons of money for MA.

I'm not joining the whining but I wanted to express my solidarity.

OK Ping Test

Line Quality B*
MOS 4.28
Ping 41ms
Jitter 35 ms
3.0/ 5

using the map, change the server to utrecht netherlands. On westcoast US my grade is a C - 5ms jitter 183ms ping - cant test packetloss either (firewall or something) - but i see this as a reason for a few failed's every now and then

Last edited:
OK Ping Test

Line Quality B*
MOS 4.28
Ping 41ms
Jitter 35 ms
3.0/ 5

Really, something is broken in your connection most probably if you get that much jitter. more than 10% is never good, but I don't get anywhere near that much jitter even trying the other side of the world, never mind 100 miles away. Something is broken on either your or your isp end.

As a comparison I'm also in the UK

btw I'm on wireless, router is an Asus RT-AC68U connected on 5Ghz with the signal graph at 50% and it's still way better than the pos the ISP provides which is a bare bones dsl router.

I'm also on cable but it's about 40-50Mb it has been higher nearly 60Mb but I've had a few line issues.

A bad phone cable can really screw with a dsl or fibre link. Normally I'd check the error rate on the router but BT provide the cable modem so it's not always possible unless you're using your own.

Last edited:
Ping itself is not a cause of concern - people across the pond are playing with 100+ ms and most of them haven't smashed their screens yet.
Jitter 35 ms
This is however quite bad. I'm usually having 7...15 ms and still getting some 'Failed' - but in tolerable doses.

Subscribing.

I have been experiencing the same issue lately from the east coast US. Was in teamspeak with some of my soc members here in the US also (some midwest and one from west coast) and we ALL had random prpblems with lag spikes, fails and messages/lootlag at different intervals. One of my soc mates even globaled but couldn't see the message until after at least 30 seconds after I saw it.

I tried the ping test from MA and here is what i got...

Sun 11/02/2014
11:21 AM

Pinging login.entropiauniverse.com [178.237.32.77] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 178.237.32.77: bytes=32 time=114ms TTL=118
Reply from 178.237.32.77: bytes=32 time=118ms TTL=118
Reply from 178.237.32.77: bytes=32 time=115ms TTL=118
Reply from 178.237.32.77: bytes=32 time=131ms TTL=118
Reply from 178.237.32.77: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=118
Reply from 178.237.32.77: bytes=32 time=127ms TTL=118
Reply from 178.237.32.77: bytes=32 time=114ms TTL=118
Reply from 178.237.32.77: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=118

Ping statistics for 178.237.32.77:
Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 114ms, Maximum = 131ms, Average = 118ms

Tracing route to 94.31.61.11.available.above.net [94.31.61.11]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.1
2 33 ms 41 ms 30 ms c-73-52-56-1.hsd1.pa.comcast.net [73.52.56.1]
3 16 ms 11 ms 12 ms te-0-7-0-3-sur01.montville.pa.pitt.comcast.net [68.85.43.13]
4 22 ms 15 ms 12 ms te-0-7-0-9-ar03.lowerpaxton.pa.pitt.comcast.net [69.139.194.65]
5 38 ms 24 ms 21 ms 69.139.168.185
6 33 ms 31 ms 34 ms be-7016-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.29]
7 32 ms 40 ms 33 ms c-eth-0-2-0-pe04.111eighthave.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.87.98]
8 * 32 ms 38 ms ae2.er2.lga5.us.above.net [64.125.13.205]
9 28 ms 37 ms 47 ms ae5.cr2.lga5.us.above.net [64.125.21.82]
10 * 115 ms 108 ms xe-0-1-0.cr1.ams5.nl.above.net [64.125.27.186]
11 124 ms 139 ms 129 ms ae1.er1.ams5.nl.above.net [64.125.22.62]
12 122 ms 125 ms 115 ms 94.31.61.11.available.above.net [94.31.61.11]

Trace complete.

Tracing route to a3938.mindark.atom86.net [178.237.32.78]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms 2 ms 10.0.0.1
2 41 ms 30 ms 30 ms c-73-52-56-1.hsd1.pa.comcast.net [73.52.56.1]
3 16 ms 15 ms 11 ms te-0-7-0-3-sur01.montville.pa.pitt.comcast.net [68.85.43.13]
4 13 ms 12 ms 11 ms te-0-7-0-9-ar03.lowerpaxton.pa.pitt.comcast.net [69.139.194.65]
5 20 ms 22 ms 22 ms 69.139.168.185
6 28 ms 27 ms 30 ms be-7016-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.29]
7 33 ms 27 ms 31 ms he-0-11-0-0-pe02.111eighthave.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.18]

Also tried the ping from the site mentioned in a previous post and here are my results.

This is on an old wireless router i have had for 4 years now...fails are very rare

pathping.exe

For a test over a longer period of time, have a look at pathping.exe (Windows-included console executable), and its -q option.

It should help narrow the problem. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it's an IX (Internet Exchange) between two providers currently fighting (ref. netflix and the crap between... was it Comcast and Verizon?).

That said, for the record, wireless is generally a sure recipe for disaster if you are looking for reliable packet delivery. YMMV.

I think it has nothing to do with your connection or anyone else.

The problems are the servers.
To put this into some perspective, I am experiencing the exact same problems!
My house is ~25km from the EU servers and I'm on a 200Mbps fiber connection with a ping of ~1ms.

Everything in my network is cabled (else no way a ping that low).

I get FAIL at least 5x per mob.
Stop looking for problems in your home, cause there most likely isn't any problem. If there is, it's not going to fix the fails.

My house is ~25km from the EU servers and I'm on a 200Mbps fiber connection with a ping of ~1ms.

Everything in my network is cabled (else no way a ping that low).

I get FAIL at least 5x per mob.
That sounds VERY suspicious! I'm in Sweden, peering through at least a few Tier-1 providers down to Amsterdam, and I get Fail perhaps 1-2 times/session (that I notice).

This makes me think even more it could be related to peering agreements (or disagreements).

Surely that would depend on the server you happen to be on.

If you were next to each other in game and one got the problem and the other not then I'd say it was the isp. But we all know that the EU servers have issues every now and then.

I can't remember the last fail message I received but I'm usually on a low population server. It might even be another player is using something from another planet that is causing the issue, we've seen it in the past where it causes the players nearby to flip out for a moment and it takes a while to correct the issue.

I still lag out when a vehicle appears near me and when I leave or enter a building, it's all down to the CE2 engine having to load the textures.

Surely that would depend on the server you happen to be on.
You think MA has so bad infrastructure that depending on what server your packets hit, it may or may not drop the packet?

Now that you mention it, it does match what I think of MA... but seriously, it would still be f-ing kindergarten level!

I still lag out when a vehicle appears near me and when I leave or enter a building, it's all down to the CE2 engine having to load the textures.
So you think MA (still) uses synchronous texture (un-)loading, without even hinting? No, really, not even they can be that dumb. Can they? (on second thought, forget that question)

I don't get that many failed and my connection is like 2 cans and a piece of string... fkin Australias internet is pitiful.

109772340.png

Tried it myself.

Ping: 43
Jitter: 2

I rarely get the failed message. In fact, I don't recall when the last time i got it was. :scratch2:

Ping itself is not a cause of concern - people across the pond are playing with 100+ ms and most of them haven't smashed their screens yet.

They do when pvp is involved, when it comes to pvp in the ring it's frustrating as hell.

This is now becoming very tedious and we are getting scammed by MA for decay and regen on the mobs.

This is on every mob I hunt, no word of a lie - any mob that takes more than 10 attacks to kill i always get 3 or 4 fails during which time the mob still attacks me and is able to regen.

That would be unacceptable for me.

Most replies here (you can add mine too) that it is unusual to get such rates of fail in non high lagging scenarios (an example would be trying to hunt near Nymphtown during the first our of Halloween when everybody else was trying to enter the instance, in this case I believe that the fails would be fault of MA servers not handling over 200 people)

Since it is in an area that other people don't many problems my sugestion would be to test different hardware (another computer and operating system, or the same computer in another isp)

I don't think that those problems are coming from on MA atm.

"Australia and Antarctica are the only two continents without high speed rail. If we don't act soon, the penguins will beat us to it,"

At least you don't have the problems most Australians face:
even with a perfect direct fiber connection (that doesn't exist)
the time that lightwaves need to travel 15000 Km is over 50ms

Last edited:
Yesterday i had several hours of play without being dropped from game or magically lagging for 30 s as soon as i start shooting every mob. It was amazing. Of course, the radar was FUBAR and i'd get killed by mobs before they appeared on radar, or kill mobs and have a light blue spot appear near the edge of the radar instead of in the middle. But hey, for a brief moment i got to experience what it's like to hunt without MA's poor handling of network instability getting in the way of the gameplay.

To Utrecht

Ping: 180 to 300
Jitter: 38 to 80

And I don't get all that many failed messages, not enough to cause problems hunting.

Last edited:

I have had quite enough this, it has been happening for quite a while now and the powers that be have done nothing to resolve this, surely I am not the only. I honestly believe that MA is trying to F@@K the player base over with this. As it is happening on nearly every mob they must be raking in the money on every kill a hunter makes.

Sorry that this is a whinning thread but it makes the game unplayable.

same problems here, made SC, and they act like if they don't know what i'm talking about.
told them that i'm not the only one with those problems.
only stupid question they asked if i would have to low memory in computer.
NO 8GB should be enough i think.
they have a shitload of connections problems, and they don't know?
come on MA read my reply's on SC and act mature and start fixing this shit.
also i asked for a refund of lost peds over the years, for putting us up with those stupid bugs that are costing money.
i never complained about it before, but i have had enough of this shit for last months.
as you said, it's unplayable.
beside that the games just closes out of the blue many times, also connection imo.
and right now i can't even login.

"A timeout has occurred during the login
process. Please try again in a few minutes. If
the problem persist, please contact planet
support for assistance."

well MA for sure i'm going to create another SC for you.

just to clarify the RAM this end - I only have 6 myself but i was running 4Gig on my other PC fine, so I am pretty sure it is not that - I am gonna try other combos of pc's tonight and different cables just in case it is that

Fail Fail Fail Solved

Ok unless MA has made some serious changes without a patch then I think I have found the problem

It was bizarre but I discovered I had 2 knackered LAN cables - I replaced one with a brand new one and the old games machine stopped having fails and runs fine

I switched the new LAN cable into the main gaming PC and no fails but the older machine started failing with the old LAN cable

So put another new LAN cable in the old gaming PC and that works with no fails.

So the moral of the story is if you get this kind of problem check your LAN cables and / or replace them

And my sincerest apologies to MA for dissing them in my original post

Now a happy avatar again

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ok unless MA has made some serious changes without a patch then I think I have found the problem

It was bizarre but I discovered I had 2 knackered LAN cables - I replaced one with a brand new one and the old games machine stopped having fails and runs fine

I switched the new LAN cable into the main gaming PC and no fails but the older machine started failing with the old LAN cable

So the moral of the story is if you get this kind of problem check your LAN cables and / or replace them

Now a happy avatar again

Yeah I have about 500 ft of jump rope. ;) it's an easy miss. Set up lots of lan parties and I still over look this. :()

Now a happy avatar again

OK BAH - UPDATE - This was not the LAN cable this has started to happen again, on both hard wired gaming pc's on various planets, all the LAN cables are now new but this fail is happening constantly again on every mob I hunt. I am at work now but I am going to rerun the ping test again later to see what results I get. This peroblem is very annoying and getting to the point where I dont really want to play, in fact I have not depo'd for a while mainly due to this and currently only hunt mobs that do little damage to me. This issue causes to much of a ped drain when 4 shots on every mob you hunt fail

Back