How long will Entropia be around for? Are there people who have invested a lot of money?

Mayestic

I want to invest a littelbit Money ingame for Calypso Land Deads and think how long will Entropia be around for? In 7 Years i have the invest x 2. My Question is can sell the Land Deads every Time? There are always people buying the land? Are there people who have invested a lot of money? I want too ask, what a opinion have people here in the Community about it? What happens to the money if Entropia no longer has success?

The CLD market is quit liquid, so you can buy and sell pretty much always. But...prices fluctuate, and there is NO guarantee at all that prices will not plummet, nor that payouts remain constant or rise.

CLD were promised to bring land rights as well, this is not yet the case as it has not been implemented. My continued asking developers about the when and where is met with consequent silence. So it wont be around by next VU either.

You can own land, but only land areas, they are a bit more expensive than deeds.

How long will Entropia be around for.... I am sorry, but I just dropped my crystal ball...but it has been around for over a decade. But again..past performance is no guarantee for the future...

Do not invest if the money is meant for your retirment plan, or the study of your kids (unless they are at that age now, and refuse to study). Only use money which you can spare and can lose without pain. Consider this a hobby.

Hard to answer this but after the last loot change they sure made a huge cut into how long they will manage to keep it going

No one knows but as Wollongong wrote " I just dropped my crystal ball " and yes lot of ppl have invested lot of money into the game.

But if I may say my honest opinion so now the owners can afford to finish the game or sell it to someone else because they sold the game already without selling it via sales of all this CLD:s where they got the money all the $ 6,000,000.

So I think as soon as they notice that they do not get the profit that they thought themselves so they put down the game that's probably why they run the event at the event all the time to get as much as possible.

CLD were promised to bring land rights as well, this is not yet the case as it has not been implemented. My continued asking developers about the when and where is met with consequent silence. So it wont be around by next VU either.

Citizenship & Housing System - Development of these systems was unfortunately delayed in 2013 due to the critical infrastructure upgrades taking quite a bit more development time than anticipated, along with several other projects receiving higher priority in the second half of 2013 and early 2014. This project now is now tentatively planned for release in Q4 of 2014.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/02/25/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2014.xml

It could ofcourse be a bit delayed more.. but it has been announced.. so all we have to do is wait. And I don't think it will take as long as taming.

Here is some friendly advice:

Play the game and do some research once you got some basic knowledge before you invest. Otherwise it is not investing, it is gambling.

I have read the Financial Report from 2014 / Annual Report 2013, 10 Jun. I think there is no profit was made ​​this time right?

All "Profit" is hidden in upper management salaries so the game won't ever "profit" but they will never let it die either.... too much money to be made....

All "Profit" is hidden in upper management salaries so the game won't ever "profit" but they will never let it die either.... too much money to be made....

Exactly when the upper management are the major share holders why pay taxes on profits when you can deduce expenses

(which can be actually "payments" to those in charge)

from the revenue before it goes to tax.

Exactly when the upper management are the major share holders why pay taxes on profits when you can deduce expenses

Because buying castles in Germany is a better deal than giving out paychecks or holding the money. No kidding.

The idea of running a medium sized company is to hide as much money as possible. I myself spent 100000$ on a small house just to get away from taxes. Now it's being rented out until I have better use for the money.

ill be highfiving my friends over in the elderly home and kickin it with entropia!

Nurse bring me more redbull!!!

no, profit is hidden in there being far more costs than they have income. the upper managment are few and do not draw large salary as far as i recall.

to the OP, this isnt an investment vehicle, it is a game. some have "invested" and done very well. many have not. there are no protections as you might have with an properly recognised investment - but those protections often dont save investors from losing everything. this company and the game could be around in 10 years or collapse in 10 month, go in eyes wide open.

I'm trying to find a picture of a black hole or a toilet... to show you where i "invested" a lot of my money.

Having a blast doing it though!:wtg:

Love live EU!

I'm trying to find a picture of a black hole or a toilet... to show you where i "invested" a lot of my money.

Having a blast doing it though!:wtg:

Love live EU!

black-toilet.jpg

Once upon a time I used to refer to it as the "Event Horizon".

(nowadays I just avoid talking about it)

Well just did a google search for "entropia universe reviews", first 2 that came up gave 4/10 and 6.6/10. The future of EU is with new players staying, and expanding the playerbase. Anyone who mentors can give you an answer to player retention.
I think EU will continue for some years to come, and MA and PP's have done good work with starter missions etc, but bang per buck and cost puts off most gamers i think. Although the ones that do stay tend to stay for a long time, hard to call tbh.

You've stolen my lifelong plan :eyecrazy: , though in my version there was beer and/or Monster :yup:

ill be highfiving my friends over in the elderly home and kickin it with entropia!

Nurse bring me more redbull!!!

Well just did a google search for "entropia universe reviews", first 2 that came up gave 4/10 and 6.6/10. The future of EU is with new players staying, and expanding the playerbase. Anyone who mentors can give you an answer to player retention.
I think EU will continue for some years to come, and MA and PP's have done good work with starter missions etc, but bang per buck and cost puts off most gamers i think. Although the ones that do stay tend to stay for a long time, hard to call tbh.

There are two big mistakes done by new people:

1. Expecting to make easy money
2. Expecting a superb gameplay

For #1, check any money making program online. People think they can start trading with stocks, currency or whatever and make loads of money without proper knowledge. Most people quit when they realize they won't.

For #2, EU is not to be enjoyed as your everyday MMO. You need to appreciate the elements that can be found within EU to appreciate the game. It is not about tanking 200 mobs and then doing a whirlwind with two broadswords while having the frenzy buff activated. It is about setting individual goals and analyze your game in order to get there as smooth as possible. I am guessing that most players play it like me, spending more time researching than playing

The target audience for EU is not your everyday gamer.

There are two big mistakes done by new people:

1. Expecting to make easy money
2. Expecting a superb gameplay

For #1, check any money making program online. People think they can start trading with stocks, currency or whatever and make loads of money without proper knowledge. Most people quit when they realize they won't.

For #2, EU is not to be enjoyed as your everyday MMO. You need to appreciate the elements that can be found within EU to appreciate the game. It is not about tanking 200 mobs and then doing a whirlwind with two broadswords while having the frenzy buff activated. It is about setting individual goals and analyze your game in order to get there as smooth as possible. I am guessing that most players play it like me, spending more time researching than playing

The target audience for EU is not your everyday gamer.

Yes i agree totally with what you say, EU isn't for your "normal" gamer.

As for bang per buck, i think perhaps shrapnel will help to address this by giving new players more ped cycle time per deposit. As i said i think MA are trying to address the issues of player retention, and things are a lot better for new players these days by far.

Meanwhile whilst its good for new players old players are really loving getting global's of BLP Ammo and Shrapnel ! :eyecrazy: ! Ma will drive the older player base out just to keep the WOW gang happy.

Bring back some decent items in loot and cut out all the oils novas blazers and crap after crap.

right back on topic invest what you can afford to and have a business plan what is your investment going to return personally If i was to invest I would do it in a Land Area and then get taxable income from this you might not find them readily on calpso but Arkadia still has land areas unclaimed form the arkoin broker.

If you invest in a shop then your going to need to skill to manufacture and then be competitive on price of items and how many of these do you need to sell - how much skills do you need to invest to stock.

The Game will be around for quite some time as long as they keep on releasing new moons / space resorts / islands they can soon get big investment in to the platform Servers and Server Farms these are getting cheeper as well and so even if theres no big development it should be around as active player base would be able to support the server infrastructure and staff.

Mayestic,

I'm in the same position as you. I've spent the last month trying to find out more about this game and learning how to play it.

I love the concept of this game and the fact that players can invest in the game, which I think is vital to the game long term, as I don't believe a game like this should have a finite life, but it does need to be continually improved to keep people playing and done profitably so it is possible to make the improvements that are needed.

As I understand it, 50% of the income for Calypso is used to run the game, 25% paid out to investors (CLD owners) and 25% used to develop the game. That sounds good.

I've invested a small amount so far and am tempted to invest a little bit more however I want more information about the direction the game is being taken, for me there isn't enough information around, or I can't find it, but I will keep looking.

As a noob, I view this as a high risk investment, but with potentially high returns as you would expect.
I view a 10% ROI as high compared to other types of investments, and this type of investment is much more fun than say a Corporate Bond?!
Based on the risk level I'll only put a small amount into this game, however I'm betting on the fact that it will have a long term future, and hope I'm not wrong!

I do feel that while it is Mind Ark who run this game, it is in the interests of players who enjoy the game and particular investors to promote the game as it will thrive with a larger population and help new players learn the game to improve retention and ensure a long term future.

For me the new player experience was very poor and I was about to quit after two weeks before I was directed to a great Mentor and joined a very supportive Society which turned things around for me.

Some planets are focusing a lot of attention on new player experiences. Calypso and cyrene aren't in that mix. Rocktropia has a lot of missions for new players and Arkadia is putting a lot of attention there.

If you are finding calypso very poor, consider arkadia or at least rocktropia for new player missions.

Meanwhile whilst its good for new players old players are really loving getting global's of BLP Ammo and Shrapnel ! :eyecrazy: ! Ma will drive the older player base out just to keep the WOW gang happy.

(...)

For EU, it might actually be good if the old school veterans leave and the WoW comes in. Not only is the WoW gang a lot bigger (which may be good for cashflow), but it is also a group which is not here just to score that one big ATH. We *need* more people who are here to become rich. Not in cash, but in fun and experience.

For EU, it might actually be good if the old school veterans leave and the WoW comes in. Not only is the WoW gang a lot bigger (which may be good for cashflow), but it is also a group which is not here just to score that one big ATH. We *need* more people who are here to become rich. Not in cash, but in fun and experience.

problem is, if you play this game like WoW you pay insane amounts of money...you think WoW players get that much pocket money?

Well the tax on salaries is higher than the tax on the profit, so it's actually a bad solution in this case, at least for a Swedish company. So they have no interest to "hide" any profit in salaries.

Now when we are talking about it.... strange that they have not publicized any semi annual report for 2014, they normally put in online in aug or sep.

As I understand it, 50% of the income for Calypso is used to run the game, 25% paid out to investors (CLD owners) and 25% used to develop the game. That sounds good.

Translated a little bit: For a player born on Calypso (and playing on Calypso), 50% of the revenue generated from that player goes to Mindark (what you're calling running the game, though a good portion goes to salaries of the MA executives). The other 50% is split equally between Planet Calypso (paying salaries of the developers and paying for their operating expenses, including fees they pay to Mindark for servers and other fees) and the owners of the CLDs, who get the remaining 25% of your revenue.

If you're playing on another planet, then MA gets 50% of your revenue, Calypso (including CLD owners) gets 25% and the planet you're playing on gets 25%.

Back