Fixed exchange rate between PED and USD

Dont worry, you are right. Ignore the ignorants and lough in the end.
The question is not if - it is when. Gold and silver is your friend then if you have something to lose.

On the other hand i think its pointless to post this here.
If you really joined 2006 you should know that this place is crowded with selfimportant ignorants.
In my country we call this " Perlen vor die Säue".

Anyway at least i had something to lough when i read all the comments to your idees.

They have tried to keep alternative energy sources in the dark for a long time via the patient office but they can't do this any longer. No need for oil, no need to buy dollars, will make the dollar worth about an old Italian Lira. So there should be a press for power before the war machine goes broke and a serious power vacuum breaks out, circa 2017. At which point EU is not going to be a big deal. All IMO and just my :twocents:

Dont worry, you are right. Ignore the ignorants and lough in the end.
The question is not if - it is when. Gold and silver is your friend then if you have something to lose.

On the other hand i think its pointless to post this here.
If you really joined 2006 you should know that this place is crowded with selfimportant ignorants.
In my country we call this " Perlen vor die Säue".

Anyway at least i had something to lough when i read all the comments to your idees.

"Casting pearls before swines" is known saying in many different languages.

About your claims of those who dont agree with one idea being "Ignorants" is quite far from being well functioning community.
If unpopular opinion should be forced for only the reason others being "Ignorant" then it is not very good opinion.
If you want your ideas being taken seriously you should listen to others also, otherwise i say the best model for MA is to give all the money to me and those who dont agree with me are just oldfashioned ignorants.

Most of comments say quite well why it is bad idea, and if MA would have listened to advice like this year ago, players would have lost a lot of money.

"Casting pearls before swines" is known saying in many different languages.

About your claims of those who dont agree with one idea being "Ignorants" is quite far from being well functioning community.
If unpopular opinion should be forced for only the reason others being "Ignorant" then it is not very good opinion.
If you want your ideas being taken seriously you should listen to others also, otherwise i say the best model for MA is to give all the money to me and those who dont agree with me are just oldfashioned ignorants.

Most of comments say quite well why it is bad idea, and if MA would have listened to advice like this year ago, players would have lost a lot of money.

I dont agree to his advice for MA here.
I just agree with some analysis of the current situation.

USD against EUR is strongest in two years and now you post this :D

About Russia and stuff, even Russians are buying up USD because their rouble devaluates rather fast.

So being linked with USD is the best option there is. (atleast atm)

ABout bitcoins i can say only, money that can lose half its value with just few months is not really an option for us, then even playing smart cant save you and 90% returns would be our smallest problem.
About Gold/Silver look at the market graphs and you ll see that USD is still better choice :)

I agree with this, looking at the major currencies your best bet is the USD.

The entire premise for the OP's argument is a strawman though, if the USD falls so does the EUR which in turn means that the Chinese Yuan falls along with the Russian rouble as there is no european gas market left or in the case of China electronics and consumer goods to sell to the US and Europe. I could go on but i think i made my point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascading_failure

Cascading failure is a bitch :).

Best regards
Zweshi

Didnt read anything , was it about zombies threaten to take over the world ?

better stock some ammo and canned beans again ,

Merge this thread with the other bitcoin threads? ;)

I found one of his threads where he said something about current auction system failing hard (Current at that time, now even better auction), didnt happen as he described it. So yeah, probably thats why not linked here.

aliens.jpg

dear friends
pls don't count on gold as an alternative :wise:
the Anunaki are coming again and going to collect what they left ages back :laugh:
anyway
if you know the hidden knowledge you don't need to afraid anything.

Lol USD and Euro are like two persons who jumpend out an aircraft-window....one may fall a bit faster than the other one but one day they will hit the ground for shure :laugh:

but life isnt about collecting stuff (like money), it is about getting yourself to higher levels

Merge this thread with the other bitcoin threads? ;)

/mod note/
Other bitcoin threads have been essentially about adding them as a deposit/withdrawal option.
This thread is (I think) about the fixed exchange rate between the USD and PED.
So, no, it wouldn't be right to merge them.

If I get it right, the very thing that drives the economy, at least in the "civilized countries", is the paper-based currency, with a mandated inflation. The fact that there is an inflation, is a carrot to invest in something else than just have the Money in the mattres (preferably shares, giving companies Money to grew).

(Though I don't like it. I mean, if society consists of two parts; A and B, and the value of A goes up while value of B remains at same level, one day or Another there will have to be a levelling. I guess most of the people to like it though Thinks, "as long as Everything is going up Everything is hunky dory, if Everything crashes I got my estate on the countryside so it's not my problem if there is a crash.")

if the amount of money in a country is fixed and the population grows , there must be less money for everyone , how do that work ?

if the amount of money in a country is fixed and the population grows , there must be less money for everyone , how do that work ?

If some of the population borrow Money from a bank Money will be created. The sum that the person gets from the bank (usually as digits in their account) will be balanced out by the dept the person gets. (Well someone told me this.) And, if needed, the bank can borrow Money from the national bank.

(This increases debts also, of course.)

Yatta!

Unless it is mentioned already,MA should have tied the PED to the SEK. Why? Since they are based in Sweden.

2002 (November): 0.11 USD/SEK or 9.09 SEK/USD

2014 (November): 0.13 USD/SEK or 7.41 SEK/USD

They have made huge losses because of this, luckily the game wasn't *that* big during the collapse. Nowadays the the USD is growing stronger and they might even have made an additional 15% on the bank and planet deals due to the growth.

However, I guess it is a risk they need to take. If the majority of the player base, or financial obligations, are in the states I'd guess it is smart out of a marketing standpoint as you won't do indirect currency trading. At the same time I guess the fixed PED/USD is more attractive to the players than a fixed PED/SEK rate.

Bound it at CHF. CHF always crow up and we have to buy euros so the chf stay at 1.2 compared to euro.

LOOOOOOOL!!!

IF by some crazy miracle at least 1% of what you are saying is true, the least of our worries would be about some video game.

A very concise appraisal of upcoming economic events, but the OP forgets the alien invasion in 18 months time. Just hope those aliens like EU between the waping and pillaging.

*Reads OP*
:rolleyes:

*spot checks previous posts*
Welcome Back :wave:

*Peeks at EL*
Bummer. Perhaps you'd like to come actually play the game a bit. Not for profit, since you believe that's useless, but for entertainment. (Unless you are actually playing, under a different name.)

*Returns back to part of the OP*

Oh really? Are you implying that Akoz, Skal, Neverdie and others got where they are because of you? If not, who rode your advice oh so long ago to riches?

I double-dog dare you to name drop. Tell us three players that can verify your past success.

Other than that, thanks for the good fun. :)

I will Raise the stakes on the above bet - Just name 1

To be fair, it's true that capitalism has proved itself a failure and that the world needs to look at alternative economic models. That doesn't necessarily mean (and almost certainly doesn't mean) that the dollar is going to fail, and if anything could end up being beneficial to EU which is based on a very non-capitalist model, despite what most people here will tell you.

Thats something new. I'd rather say capitalism is only model which proved itself working fine.
Capitalism I assume for example USA from begining till 1972 ( Nixon removes gold paritet - Bretton Woods) .What we have now is not capitalism by any means ( Smith, Hayek and later Schiff and others from Austria's school of economy )..well maybe for few hardheaded Keynes fans.

Last edited:
The US is going to collapse? Oh shit.

How am I going to log in and manage my auctions if there are nuclear cancer-zombies roaming an apocalyptic dead world and I have no bitcoins to buy electricity?

About Russia and stuff, even Russians are buying up USD because their rouble devaluates rather fast.

So being linked with USD is the best option there is. (atleast atm)

ABout bitcoins i can say only, money that can lose half its value with just few months is not really an option for us, then even playing smart cant save you and 90% returns would be our smallest problem.
About Gold/Silver look at the market graphs and you ll see that USD is still better choice :)

Didnt read anything , was it about zombies threaten to take over the world ?

better stock some ammo and canned beans again ,

dear friends
pls don't count on gold as an alternative :wise:
the Anunaki are coming again and going to collect what they left ages back :laugh:
anyway
if you know the hidden knowledge you don't need to afraid anything.

Level of economic ignorance of most posters in this thread is overwhelming regarding we are in RCE game...but it's always that only few %'s of population see signs of upcoming cataclism.

OP maybe is fatalising things bit (and is wrong at least as for bitcoin as safe thing) but is right in most of things.
Especialy funny are mentionings about strenght of USD abd their economy addicted of new doses of drug called QE

I am just reminding everyone that Japan is trying to "print out" itself out of crysis since late 70's and it is not working ( never was ) . Level of creation of USD can be compared now to Uganda, Burkina Faso or Germany before II WW and Argentina, all right before hiperinflation.

Thats something new. I'd rather say capitalism is only model which proved itself working fine.
Capitalism I assume for example USA from begining till 1972 ( Nixon removes gold paritet - Bretton Woods) .What we have no is not capitalism by any means ( Smith, Hayek and later Schiff and others from Austria's school of economy )..well maybe for few hardheaded Keynes fans.

hope it´s a true anarchistic laissez faire model then, hasn´t been in use since the stone age.

Level of economic ignorance of most posters in this thread is overwhelming regarding we are in RCE game...but it's always that only few %'s of population see signs of upcoming cataclism.

Wait...are you saying the 4 people you quoted are ignorant? My point was: IF there is a collapse, the last thing I am going to worry about is what happens to the price of all the fake gear owned by a little asshole named Taco who runs around in a fake world.

Greetings old friends, I thought I would share some words of caution to those of you who have taken my advice on economy in the past... those who listened to me in 05/06. You know who you are, players and devs alike ;) , some of the wealthiest Entropians of the past and present.

A friendly warning to the high value invested players who remain, Unless Entropia changes from the Fiat US dollar as the backing currency of the PED, this game is doomed in the near term, 9-24 months.

Russia and China world actions and a shift in the petro dollar away from US currency combined with the coming cumulative effects of the 2011 Japanese tsunami and the resulting Nuclear fallout accumulating on the US west coast ecosystem's will lead to the destruction of the buying power of the dollar. Not to mention 144 trillion in derivative debt (msm touts ~25 trillion, false). Combined with the shift of Strontium-90 (30 year half-life) from Chernobyl into ytrium-90 (64 hours of high radioactivity, this substance concentrates in bones in place of calcium) and the resulting 2016 wave of cancer which will result in Europe and for those who have consumed the affected exports, things do not look good for EU either.

If Mindark is intelligent they will shift immediately to a gold/silver/bitcoin backed economy to preserve the stored value of the universe, if even possible (project entropia coins anyone?). They will also move to ensure they understand how the collapse of the US will impact their business model, and the economy of the planet If they do not, the players will be smart to withdraw all funds and purchase gold or silver to preserve their stored value during the coming GLOBAL crisis.

The doomsday ELE models for this catastrophe are having their readings exceeded in the pacific ocean on the US coast already. It will only get worse for 250k years. This is science. If this news comes as a shock to you I suggest you go to enenews.com and read the three years of articles shining light on this issue. Start with the last (first chronologically) page of articles starting back in March 2011, read everything up to date, watch videos explaining the events and be aware of cover up shills.

Duck and cover will not save you.

Regards,

TS

TL:DR version: :bs:

This post contains so many opinions disguised as "facts" and debatable statements, I cannot even try to take it seriously. China? Hah...had you said this a year ago, perhaps, but if you followed the news, you'd have noticed that China is growing less every report. And that is the official growth, which everyone knows is inflated already.

And you want MA to move from a fiat backed currency (fractional banking) which is only partially based on gold and commodities onto.... Bitcoin, which is backed by absolutely NOTHING?

Let me put it differently: the post is utter Bullshit, and I strongly suspect that you are posting this for reasons which fit your own personal agenda.

Edit: a shift to EURO would be nice though :D

LOL at the awesome replies, I'm happy I clicked this thread. It's been a while since the last good tinfoilhat thread, I bet soon there will be posts on how OP is a secret MA avatar.

The Chinese and Japanese have the most to loss if the dollar falls, they can´t let that happen period. The US dollar being printed the last couple years is more discerning than the Japanese (for me at least)

money.jpg

So you are saying the USD dollar is safe because it relies on other countries not wanting it to fail? That is not a sound practice. There is nothing safe about fiat currencies, it's a mere experiment that is easily manipulated

Back