FYI: My Mayhem 2014

narfi

Elite
Society
Lost Renegades
Narfi Hungry Willem
Not trying to be competitive, just going till i get bored and head back to rock.

entrance #3
L20 zombies
Angel T2-3 + 5B
Arcspark T6 full dmg enhancers + trauma VI

Run 1.
129 kills
97 ending points (started at 0)
1 global

746.99 blade+amp decay
65.78 Armor/fap/Regen chip/ME
539.48 loot
0 items
0 essence

Totals:
746.99 offence
539.48 loot
72.27%

Note: Note sure if its my isp or just bad server lag but definitely not able to maintain full dps

yup! nice thread :yup:
I'm very curious to see if you are going to make any +% run.
I bet not

Subscribed and good luck

PS I made my contribution for this year, no more pumpkins grind for me.

yup! nice thread :yup:
I'm very curious to see if you are going to make any +% run.
I bet not

Subscribed and good luck

PS I made my contribution for this year, no more pumpkins grind for me.

Do i hear a bet :D? I am quite certain if he did all 30 runs then one run with hof would be %+ run. But yeah i get your point, hard to breakeven on events like this, where main aim is to kill as much as possible as fast as possible.

If you are hunting Zombie Mutants you have wrong armor on. :silly2:

Might work for the Dogs though.

You need electric and penetration defense and maybe burn. Majority of the hits they do are 1 point hits with that defense. I think they do multiple damage attacks though so sometimes changes a little or maybe is just harder hit?:)

Pumkin and Count Boorum my Liakon and Pulsar 8 worked well. Not sure if the cold helps any.

Ok, ill try dogs next run. Or would 6A instead of 5b help on the mutants?
Or 6B with the Angel to cover the electric since it already has some burn/pen?

6A over 5B for sure on Mutants.

6A over 5B for sure on Mutants.

nope ... testet it with mahketta/liakon mix and they hit harder on 6a (45 max on 5b/ 50 max on 6a)
also max dmg from pumpkin went from max 61dmg (5b) to max 76dmg (6a)

Or it would be alot easier to just go to entropiawiki.com and use the "armor vs mob" calculater ;)

P.S. testet in lvl3

nope ... testet it with mahketta/liakon mix and they hit harder on 6a (45 max on 5b/ 50 max on 6a)
also max dmg from pumpkin went from max 61dmg (5b) to max 76dmg (6a)

Or it would be alot easier to just go to entropiawiki.com and use the "armor vs mob" calculater ;)

P.S. testet in lvl3

I agree with this statement, pulsar 8 on ghost works ok on mutants and dogs but 6a's, 3b's, and 6b's seem to be less effective, I also tried pure cold plates they were useless so there is no cold they never even took a pec of damage on them.

For the big pumpkin I had different experience, pulsar 8's not as effective as the 6a's and 3b's I wear lich with the 6a's and 3b's and works much better.

For the count vamp of boorum lich with pulsar 8's it is the key for me can kill a lvl 74 with minimal deaths unless armor piercing critical happens.

Most of my testing was in lvl4 which is a bit over my level but keeps me alert while playing :D I pretty much toss profit in there out the window and I understand that.

With dunerider (28 pen,stab,brn,cut,imp) and pulsar 2 plates (25 elec)

I take 1.0 hits on mutant beserkers in level 3.
* I take 10-20 pts a hit with 5b on

Since you have angel with lower pen, I would guess it is elec/pen damage primarily.

The result for polaris + 4c is very certainly wrong, probably all of polaris + anything, so actual damage is different to entropedia.

damage types are correct but I don't know if the % for each is correct, or if the max dam from mob is correct.

I did the lvl 2 with Stealth*/5B (I'm Evade 16)
it was very relaxing!!! I accepted some criticals but I used my fap very little.
As about Big Pumpkin, hitted me lighter than zombies :)

updated*: by mistake I wrote Viceroy instead of my Stealth

Last edited:
Well with the new way armor works, the armor you are putting the plates on determins which plate would be better.

Example a mob does 50/50 cut stb for a max of 50 dmg.
You have an armor that does 30cut/30impact
In the past your armor would have protected 25, and then you needed plates that would cover another 25 combined worth of cut/imp.
But now your armor only protects for the 25cut, and you still need 25 impact protected through the plates.

So IF the mutants do pen/burn/electric, and I have armor (Angel) that does cut/stb/imp/pen/burn.
Then it is possible that 6B plates would add more protection for me than either 5B or 6A because the armor has no electric.

But if i was wearing armor that stb/cut/imp/cold (liakon) then neither pen or electric is covered and whatever plate offered the best for either would benefit me.

What is max damage from the L20 mutants in the #3 instance? I was taking dmg in the high teens for the most part.

Also checked inventory, most of my armors and plates are on other planets, so I have the choice between Angel and Firewall Mk3 for armor and between 5B and 6B for plates. So whatever I do will have to be a combo of those.

Edit: didnt see slithers post before submitting this

damage types are correct but I don't know if the % for each is correct, or if the max dam from mob is correct.

I would agree to the entropiawiki.com data, makes sense why my different combinations worked out better as they did with the percentages listed there.

Based on Slither's confidance that the dmg types are correct but not sure on ratios.
Based on 80dmg hits
30%/30%/30%/10% = 24/24/24/8
25%/25%/25%/25% = 20/20/20/20

Angel+5B = 38stb/39cut/15pen/0electric
Angel+6B = 30stb/30cut/15pen/12electric
Angel+6A = 30stb/30cut/26pen/0electric

So if ratios are 30/30/30/10 then I should take max 16dmg with 5B and max 9dmg with 6B and max 8dmg with 6A
If ratios are 25/25/25/25 then I should take max 25dmg with 5B and max 13dmg with 6B and max 20dmg with 6A

I am pretty sure I was taking hits harder than 16, so the second might be more accurate.. but either way it seems 6B will be better for me. I'll try it tonight since Internet was down on my lunch break and I couldn't then.

Edit: corrected math and added 6A

30%/30%/30%/10% = 24/24/24/8
25%/25%/25%/25% = 20/20/20/20

Angel+5B = 38stb/39cut/15pen/0electric
Angel+6B = 30stb/30cut/15pen/12electric
Angel+6A = 30stb/30cut/26pen/0electric

I tested Ursa+6A 15stb/21cut/21pen/15ele in lv3 and it looks like second ratio is correct:
zombie mutant lv20: 1-10,8 (from second ratio 5+0+0+5=10)
zombie mutant lv25: 1-27,9 (from second ratio 10+4+4+10=28)

in LV2 zombie lv16 hits for 1-1,5

Last edited:
Posted it somewhere else already, but polaris + 4c gives 10-28 point hits for me from warriors. So probably not exactly 20/20/20/20, as otherwise i should be getting 1-11 point hits. Anyways, big electric plates seem to be the way to go for next test.

The result for polaris + 4c is very certainly wrong, probably all of polaris + anything, so actual damage is different to entropedia.

I agree with this, and don't share Slither's confidence at all. Just ran it again to confirm my tests from first day. If damage totals and types is accurate, here's what the two ratio scenarios should show in Polaris 5B:

- L25 Beserkers (100 total, 25/25/25/25, stab/cut/pen/elec) - should be max damage of 9 - I get hits as high as 32.
- L25 Beserkers (100 total, 30/30/30/10, stab/cut/pen/elec) - should be max damage of 1 - I get hits as high as 32.

Has anyone taken enough naked hits to be confident about the max dmg they can do?

I agree with this, and don't share Slither's confidence at all. Just ran it again to confirm my tests from first day. If damage totals and types is accurate, here's what the two ratio scenarios should show in Polaris 5B:

- L25 Beserkers (100 total, 25/25/25/25, stab/cut/pen/elec) - should be max damage of 9 - I get hits as high as 32.
- L25 Beserkers (100 total, 30/30/30/10, stab/cut/pen/elec) - should be max damage of 1 - I get hits as high as 32.

Actually.... with Polaris + 5B you should be overprotected for cut/stb/pen, so you will still be taking 100% of whatever electric dmg they do.

If the max electric they do is 32, then we can determine what % of the total is electric.
L25 is listed as 100 dmg, so if that is correct then it is 32% electric.........

Actually.... with Polaris + 5B you should be overprotected for cut/stb/pen, so you will still be taking 100% of whatever electric dmg they do.

If the max electric they do is 32, then we can determine what % of the total is electric.
L25 is listed as 100 dmg, so if that is correct then it is 32% electric.........

Hmm, good point. There's no electric protection. So how the hell is Armor Advisor doing it's calculations? That's where I pulled the numbers from, side by side. However, you're absolutely right if I do the math myself, should be taking all of the electric. Where the hell does Armor Advisor coding come up with a max of 9? Also, saw some hits above 32 as run went on, as high as 38. Lowest was 11ish.

Edit: I'll try Polaris with Pulsar 2 (+25 electric) next.

MA changed the way armor worked about a year ago, I dont think the equations on Entropedia were ever updated.
Before the change protection could stack dissimalarly, but now it has to protect against the actual dmg delt.

Example from the past.
A creature does 15cut/15stb
You could use a 15cut armor + 15cut plate and reduce the dmg to 1.
You can not do that anymore.

Polaris with Pulsar 2 gives stab/cut/pen/elec protection of:

29/29/52/25

If damage is anywhere close to 25/25/25/25 on L25 Beserkers (100 total), I should be at or near all 1s correct? My hits are low of 16, high of 32 (16-32). So if we're confident in the 4 damage types, one of them has to be well over 50% of the damage to reach those numbers right? I think more likely is that there is an additional/changed damage type from last year?

Polaris with Pulsar 2 gives stab/cut/pen/elec protection of:

29/29/52/25

If damage is anywhere close to 25/25/25/25 on L25 Beserkers (100 total), I should be at or near all 1s correct? My hits are low of 16, high of 32 (16-32). So if we're confident in the 4 damage types, one of them has to be well over 50% of the damage to reach those numbers right? I think more likely is that there is an additional/changed damage type from last year?

It seems the four possible reasons are,
1. Damage has increased and no one has properly recorded max unprotected dmg yet.
2. One type of dmg is significantly higher than the others. (like you said 50+%)
3. There is a different damage type being delt we are not accounting for.
4. MA has changed how Armor works again.

I would lean towards #1 or #3 but who knows.

It seems the four possible reasons are,
1. Damage has increased and no one has properly recorded max unprotected dmg yet.
2. One type of dmg is significantly higher than the others. (like you said 50+%)
3. There is a different damage type being delt we are not accounting for.
4. MA has changed how Armor works again.

I would lean towards #1 or #3 but who knows.

I'd agree,

Reyka said:
I tested Ursa+6A 15stb/21cut/21pen/15ele:
zombie mutant lv25: 1-27,9 (from second ratio 10+4+4+10=28)

Forgo said:
With dunerider (28 pen,stab,brn,cut,imp) and pulsar 2 plates (25 elec)
I take 1.0 hits on mutant beserkers in level 3.
* I take 10-20 pts a hit with 5b on

My post:
Polaris w/ Pulsar 2 29stab/29cut/52pen/25elec
My hits are low of 16, high of 32 (16-32).

The Polaris setup has the highest protection in all 4 "assumed" damage categories of stab/cut/pen/elec, however, it takes the most damage. The difference with the other 2 sets is Burn, which Polaris has 0 prot for. Forgo has 28burn (along with higher stab/cut/pen than Reyka's Ursa). Reyka has 24burn in Ursa 6A (but less stab/cut/pen). I'm thinking there's Burn damage in there? Seems that could be making the difference? With Forgo's Dune w/ Pulsar 2 only taking 1 damage, that is the only category with a significant advantage over Polaris.

EDIT: Anyone have Pulsar 7s they can test real quick to see if they take any decay? Believe they are a burn-only prot?

Well... Impact is Polaris obvious weakness. Can you rule that out?

No, suppose not. I did rule it out at first glance when Forgo said he took 10-20 more damage with 5Bs on, but with a base protect of 28 on Dune for impact, I guess that could be it too. Wish I had a Dune Rider set lol.

Run #2
Entrance #3
L20 zombies
Angel + 6B (much better)

149 kills
813 ending points (started at 97) = 717pts this run
3 globals

855.44 blade+amp decay
75.18 defense decay
1139.11 loot
133.16%

Running Totals:
1602.43 offence
1678.59 loot
104.75% tt returns

Note: hardest hit I took vs the L20 mutants with T2-3 Angel+6B was ~9 so I'll stick with this setup.

Has anyone taken enough naked hits to be confident about the max dmg they can do?

Just did a small test naked on Mutant Berserker in lvl3

[System]: You take 77.6 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 60.1 points.
[System]: You healed yourself 36.5 points.
[System]: You take 51.7 points of damage.
[System]: You take 72.8 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 60.1 points.
[System]: You take 78.5 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 60.4 points.
[System]: You take 95.5 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 72.9 points.
[System]: You healed yourself 64.8 points.
[System]: You take 83.3 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 69.2 points.
[System]: You take 98.4 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 67.2 points.
[System]: You healed yourself 76.3 points.
[System]: You take 55.4 points of damage.
[System]: You take 80.5 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 70.4 points.
[System]: You take 83.9 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 76.4 points.
[System]: You healed yourself 63.7 points.
[System]: You take 98.3 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 62.8 points.
[System]: You take 51.2 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 60.9 points.
[System]: You take 69.1 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 74.0 points.
[System]: You take 74.9 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 60.9 points.
[System]: You take 50.2 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 67.7 points.
[System]: You take 68.5 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 73.0 points.
[System]: You take 72.2 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 63.1 points.
[System]: You take 97.8 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 74.5 points.
[System]: You take 55.9 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 75.1 points.
[System]: You take 80.5 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 69.1 points.
[System]: You take 79.6 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 73.1 points.
[System]: You take 72.2 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 71.3 points.
[System]: You take 50.2 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 72.8 points.
[System]: You take 91.3 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 65.0 points.
[System]: You take 84.8 points of damage.
[System]: You healed yourself 63.6 points.
[System]: Reduced 7.7 points of critical damage
[System]: Critical hit - additional damage! You take 172.0 points of damage.

Highest hit = 98.4
Lowest hit = 50.2

i know its a small test but its not cheap do with ur125 hehe

Back