Mentoring Issue

peterliow

Provider
HALO GreatPeter CLYPSY
Hi

How long does it takes to finish a mentoring section?

I've been following this guys but now not very regular meeting but already 70% done since.

How can i finish it faster?

Please advice

do iron challenges that give anatomy

grind grind grind

Above advice is good. It's a longer grind than you would expect. Just keep at it, the reward is worth it.

Repair skilling is a great way to speed up your discipleship. Especially if you happen to have some of those lovely skill boost pills from the starter packs. :yup:

Seems to slow down a bit as your disciple nears the top end. You just have to whip him/her harder.

I finished mine in 2 weeks with some not too serious hunting. The first 25% was done with repair skilling as I wanted to unlock BPC. After that it was back on to the hunting and grinding. I'm also a bit higher than your average disciple so maybe my results were a fair bit different (I was level 33 BLP sniper when I started).

Just keep working on it and it will finish in due time.

Go repairs on a MS
there is a non stop repairing event on weekends, just keep an eye here on forum for announcement.
Register there and you will graduate in a couple of weekends as my disciple did. :wise:
.....and as catts said above using skillboost pill or Thorifoid Helmet helps to speed it up.

edit: I followed by a great post from Coyote and he covered everything we left out
affortunately I can't rep him because I already gave him +1 rep for another thread:silly2:

|
|
v

Last edited:
Depends on how you want to approach this.

Actually, here's the straight answer, and in fact a lot of the players in this thread actually do give helpful tips.. Positive rp to all those who suggested what to do..Give yourself a pat on the back and a cookie..(tht's how they train seals.. :laugh:)

to the OP it really all depends on what you want to do in game, whether it is to hunt, mine or craft..

If you are the hunter type, youmight want to do what one player says, Do hunt missions, and in fact the grind is the way to go.. if you don't like hunting but helping, grab a heal ball or an herb box or some first aid kit and heal a player, (That too gives anatomy guys)

If you are the mining type.. Get with a group that works to teach you the proper way to mine.. Learn from them (I would recommend the Greenleaf mining company.. Sure they're iniotal start up fee is 200 ped, but they do teach well, or talk to an experience miner.. I know of one guy who's experienced..

and if you want to go the craftng route, you could always go and look at something like the ship repair angle.. After all repairing on a mother ship is the best way to get your skills up in a hurry, and it is just as boing as sweating (With a few exceptions when the pirates show up or you go on a journy half way across space.. to another world..

Now in terms of time, how long does it take for a person to graduate? It depends on the person 's ability to either deposit or not.. if you depo nothing, you can take your time and lean the game the right way, including how the economics of the game works., some of us are here to give tips and pointers, (Oh and if you have friends who are considering being mentored, remember to tell them to do a search, and check out the mentor's credentials.. after all some mentors are there to help, othes to ust farm..(and if they don't like the guy, they can always pick another..) And above all do research on the game.. there's players who give out good information out there but you have to weed through a lot of the infom handed you. to see if it is right or wrong.

but if you deposit a lot of cash, then the time factor does go down, I've seen some graduate in a matter of a week to 10 days depending on their inital deposit, and then how much they can "Cycle their peds to keep playing.

Other people who deposit less or non depostiors can take anywhere from a few weeks to up to 9 months (or more) to get the job done..

But a lot of the players in this thread do give you optiosn, and I'll give positive rep to those who thought of those ideas..

Oh and there is one more thing.. There's no time limit to finish a discipleship, you'll sitll get your reward, just don't quit cold turkey. (Some of the players do ths and disappear altogether, leaving some mentors with no option than to kick a disciple to take on another. It's sad to see disciples who can't make the grade..)take your time, communicate with your mentor often, or ask people who are helpful. learn the game, do the research and understand how the game works... that's the best way to get the most out of the game..

Hope that halps answer all those questions.. and oh yeah.. Ask questions, even if they sound stupid, cause th onlyu stupid question is the one you never ask.

Good luck and have fun,

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Space Pilot Callsign "Coyote")
a.kk.a. "The Blind Sniper"

Thanks everyone for the information given. Cheers.. Please share more ideas on mentorship for those newbies who wants to start this game using my thread. ..

Cheers..

Back