Reputation System on this forum

LuckyMan87

Mature
Banned
Zwierzak
Not sure if this is the right area for this post, I was just wondering what the purpose of the reputation system is on this forum? I have never been a big forum user in the past however I am quickly learning its importance when not in game.

Is there anything I can do to increase it? Do people trade reputation or something?

Thanks for the advice.

People can add to your reputation (It's the tiny star icon on the bottom left of your post), whether it's good or bad. If someone likes a post, they can give you rep. But if they don't like your post, they can give you negative rep. Stay nice, don't troll, and you'll get good rep :laugh:

In the previous version of the forum the points / EFD earned could add features and once you got a certain rep you'd get an extra tag on your account (can't remember what it was called though but I've now passed that point a long time ago).

As Rave says it's down to other posters to give you rep or neg rep depending on how they feel.

Found an old post by 711 that explained the old system.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?107886-EntropiaForum-Senior-Members

I think I just reached the criteria to be senior member when the forum changed and it all ended, I approaching 3x the requirement now which is a minor miracle considering the crap I've posted.

Last edited:
Rep doesn't mean much at all. It's worthless...I am an unbearable prick on the forum a lot, and I have only received a handful of neg reps. People don't give them out too often.

If someone neg-reps you, don't sweat it. It is usually noobs that don't understand the way we communicate with each other on here.

Although, I did receive one today from a long time player...and since I deserved it because my comment was definitely out of line, I gave the neg-repper +rep because I approved of his disapproval :)

It's mainly so that people with much more ego than intelligence can -rep you when you expose their ignorance.

if people like what you post +rep, if they hate it for whatever reason -rep. Someone with more rep affects more - like i just +repped you and gave you another brick :).

I guess is to add weight to community feeling about posts you make.

To some though is an e-penis.

With great reputation, comes great responsibility.

Reputation is earnt, not bought. Be helpful, funny, informative, be positive (usually) that can help increase reputation.

People play Entropia for relaxation in their leisure time so they want to unwind after a hard day typically. So be nice and dont sweat the small stuff. :grouphug:

With great reputation, comes great responsibility.

Reputation is earnt, not bought.

Well tbh knowing entropians, if someone decided to try buy it they would gain it fast :laugh: ...... unless they didn't pay ofc and would go red again rather quickly.:laugh:

Well tbh knowing entropians, if someone decided to try buy it they would gain it fast :laugh: ...... unless they didn't pay ofc and would go red again rather quickly.:laugh:

Only 3 things cant be bought in Entropia, attributes (minus 1 agility mission), mentor, sweat gatherer. :cool:

Rando number generator. Also the best way to call someone a see you next tuesday. Never used it myself. Don't give a shit about other people, generally.

It's mainly so that people with much more ego than intelligence can -rep you when you expose their ignorance.

...autism.

Only 3 things cant be bought in Entropia, attributes (minus 1 agility mission), mentor, sweat gatherer. :cool:

Personality.

eh..... you could kind of buy mentor skill. I'm sure there're people that be willing to accept you as their mentor if you paid enough. :wise:

Many kinds of tokens, some weapons, some tools, some clothes, some vehicles, some ammo, etc........
We are in the hybrid era :)

Ok I accept mentor farming can go on by creating alts and rinse / repeat. There is some evidence of that going on.

usual_suspects.jpg

Attribute tokens were made non-tradeable to stop abuse and well who cares how many SG points you got anyway. Only 100 people from recent evidence ;)

Haha the REPs and where can we see it?

There is no REP bar these days :D

People can add to your reputation (It's the tiny star icon on the bottom left of your post), whether it's good or bad. If someone likes a post, they can give you rep. But if they don't like your post, they can give you negative rep. Stay nice, don't troll, and you'll get good rep :laugh:

Allthough the resident trolls will negrep you for disagreeing with you at times.

It's simple, the less rep one has, the more he actually plays the game instead of wanking around on forums :D

Just wanted to say thank you for all the positive REP received by everyone. Really nice to see a warm welcome from a community like this. I wish everyone much success in the future. Ill try to give rep back. Thanks all.

Back