If you think EU is bad.. Then youre dead wrong!

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
Benjamin Ben coyote here and I have a good laugh to tell you, but first I would like to point out to the people and the mods that this isn't a complaint threead, or even a whining thread.. in fact this is a fun little thread tha basically states the obvious...

If you really think EU is totally bad due to it's bugs, it's flaws, and yes even it's so called exploits, then you 've seen nothing liike a game i was introduced to just 2 months earlier..

Now I'm going to be honest, if you like FPS,s and you like to construct and destruct) things then this game would be fun.. In fact, Like EU,it's Free to play, and also you can put cash into the game to buy improved vehicles and what not..

But just less than a month ag, a problem showed up, and let me explain.. While EU is what is considered "Gold" this game is still in the "Alpha" stages (in fact from what I've researched this game might be at most 1-2 years old.. It uses a different game engine. and it's interface is fairly decent..

I started that game 2 months ago, and in it there were at least 10,000 players online haivng battle royales with each other, shooting up the town as it were..

But then just like any game, teh hackers and exploiters came i and decided to turn some players off to the game..

So the numbers dwindled.. and soon the game company decided to work on a way to keep the hackers and exploiters out of the game, and just this last week, they implemented it while still in alpha..

End result.. More players left the game..

Then came today's patch/hotfix and while I started off okay but I noticed one thing and this was the queue waits between battles.. there would be maybe at most 24 to 30 people at my level.. at higher and lower levels there would be less.. and at the highest levels you'd be luckly to see a wait queue of maybe 10 people..

In short, 90% of the playerbase had disappeared.. and most of those who had gone were in fact the exploiters, and the cheaters.. Play in this game now is a bit more fair.

But teh game had or rather currently has, a serious flaw.. and that is the fact that that the New Anti-Cheat/Anti Exploit patch had errors in it and now it's lucky to see even a few players playing.. (Sadly I'm not one of those tonight). (and to think how many times hae I heard the "IT's broke in this game comment whenever a new VU comes out?)

So then you think MA has a bad game? Think again..

Let's be honest, sure it takes them time energy in teh form of food and drink, create a new system.. The last system in place to bring the game up to the first part of the pre -VU 10 days took over 5 years of hard work to get it working.. 5 years..(Don't complain about the pets and say they're not working.. they are.. and at least I've seen a lot of pet owners happy... Heck even i have a virtual pet..)

and granted we've all heard the cries of "Well they borke/Nerfed some system in game, but then take a look, these guys do try an fix it so that it can be back to normal. (It seems there's a pattern here, like players expect everything to work perfectly Sadly, it's like trying to start a car with a dead battery.. if it won't work don't compain about it, jsut call a maintenance guy and fix the damn thing..)

Now sadly the thing is it's not that either game company is at fault nor the planet partners there for their issues, in fact the programmers are not machines, they're humans like you or I. and yes just like humans, they do mess up from time to time, they do make coding errors, some of theose coding errors not too big while others are drastic. but at least, they learn (or at least try to learn) from their mistakes..

and yet... The pLayers are the chief complaint here, not the company. They call themselves young adult sor adults, and yet they whine like spoiled kids who if they don't have their way, theyy throw a temper tangturm if things don't go jsut right..

That's right, I'm talking babout each and everyone of us, The ones who do make alternatives, teh ones who figure out ways to exploit the game and even thoughts who try to shyster people out of their peds..

Frankly I'm not angry at any one really, but maybe I'm starting to see a bigger light to gaming as a whiole.. Maybe this is the reason another game company sold out to a computer company tht produces gaming ssytems to the tune of 2.5 billion dollars.. (and you want to know the absolute real reason why the did it?) I can tell you.. The poor programers of said company were really tired of the whiners, the complainers and the people who kept asking , no not asking but pressuring them to find out when the next major update would be out.. Heck, It would drive most programmers to drink, smoke, and use street drugs, and a few of them to suicide..

And yes Computer programmers do ahve RL issues too just like the rest of us, be it health, the wife, kids, the family pet, even the nagging mother in laws..(Sound familiar folks/ Or should I call you my mother in law..(Oh wait, tht's right, I'm not married!)

And if you think that developing a game is easy, think yet again, this is thousands if not tens of thousands of lines of code. Soe of it i some gaming programming languate (Most of them are in the usual C+ or C# format. Heck I've seen programs that are in fact so huge you could actually use the data to fly an airplane.. or the space shuttle (and yes, even these machines fail too, due to human error and bad planning or design.. And yet programmers tend to try to fix things, even if it supposedly (On accident mind you) breaks others..

The only point i see between the players in this game and the ones in others is that some of them try to help the company solve the issues of the game, some even offer ideas and help i the form of support cases..

And this is where we as players fail. We don't give these guysbreathing room to think.. we nag, and push themn to the breaking point, they though are hard nuts to crack.. after all some of these guys I actually have to applaud just because they keep trying to succeed, even though the players hope the fail. Yet you know who fails, we do, cause we don't take the time to file a simple case. That takes maybe at most 5-10 minutes out ofour game time? (and some of the folks don't want to file it cause if they do, it will hurt their chances to be rich.. even if they have to cheat to win..(Oh and if you think this game has an end game like other games, the reality is.. only you make it the end game if you decide to quit. But some people hate new systems in games, some just hate the fact that if they can't win, even by cheating, or exploiting a game, that they're not superior..(Call it what you will, but there's egotism to fill up a barrel of apples, there, and in a way, it's not going to win you brownie points when you finally get out a situation you can't handle or adapt to.. that's usually when the endgame hits).

A lot of times I send in a support case when I see a bug or something that needs to be fixed.. It's only 5 to 10 minutes out of a busy day. and even then it gives me the satisfaction that at least I did my job as a player..

I Try to word the issue in a concise and concrete way so that they can understand the issue..And I finish it off expressing the fact that I'm one of their gaming customers.. even if I am a player..

But you know why EU has really stopped talking to us the players.. Simple answer.. Just like that other game company (The one that was being bought out for 2.5 Billion USD). The developers really do want to listen to us, but we as the player base, have whined, bitched, complained, moaned and groaned about what i would ssay is trival stuff that doesn't affect game play but it affects a gamer's sense of worth in game. Sure some of us send in support cases, but let's be honest, a lot of the complaints end up guess where..

Right here..

That's right, you think any game is perfect? You think any game support is perfect? You think any programming team is perfect>

Wait Reality check, Please.

They'e not.. So we really shouldn't be slamming our fists down and complaining aobut it now should we? Of course not. We shouldn't complain about bad loot, maybe we're having an off day ... or maybe we're not playing a game that is easy on our wallets.. There's a lot of variables in this game that players don't understand.. and yet, what's the two words that I hear the most in this forum?

"It's dynamic"

Dynamic? Dynamic in what way? is it that Ubers want gold fto fall from the sky because they depoed a ton of money just to get that one in a million drop? Is it becase the new player can't paly cause people have made prices insane that no one can afford even a crafted too to use?
(TBH, right now the game is in fa form of Inflationary flux, and a lot of things in this game are way over priced.. and my question to the players is.. Why? Is it simple common greed here? or is it that you made a mistake yourself and it has been costing you all the game life in game?

Like I said, a lot of variables here..

In closing. I have to say tis.. EU has been around for something like 11 going on 12 years now, And it's only taken them 6 years to get the game to where it was before they switched game engines.. It took another 6 to take the game farther and to hieghts so far that now we got things like Space, andPlayer controlled mobs.. Soon we'll have pet battles, and poltical systems.. Stuff that the old programmers and developers prrior to VU 10 only dreamed about. In short this game is growing but it's teh player base that helps determine whether the game succeeds or fails..after all we're just 33% of the issue here, the rest of it does fall on the developers and the planet partners.. but only so far.. it's a 3 way split.. can't argue about it..

and in fact EU does have it's problem, that's a known fact. but some of the game does still have it's heart. and it did back in the old PE days, beforre all teh other worlds came into play. Now we got more places to explore to experiment with, and to trry out. There's never a gull day on any world.. be it Calypso, Arkadia, Rocktropia, Toulan, Cyrene or even yes, Next Island.

.Sure some of the more well known players I've met have left, probably because of the thetoric playes did to them, but part of the reason was that they couldn't learn to try and change their pattern of thought.., It's a known fact in humans we don't change anything in our lives, even when a disaster srtrikes. If you live in California, expect Earthquakes, if you live in Kansas, Expect Tornadoes. Anywhere in teh Atlantic or Pacifc, or the Indian Ocean expect Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones.. heck anywhere you reside you gotta rememeber just like mother Earth, every planet has it's problems, and yet there are little bits that could be done to improve the game.. even simple suggeststion to the devs in teh forums here.. or to the communitiy managers, or whoeve ris in charge of the planet..
But when I hear people complain, when I hear them whiine, whicn i hear the coplaints about bad eveything, it
kind of turns people off, really it does. And this just hurts he situation even more.. cause no one is really thinking aobut how to get people into game, to encourage them to try.. If the new player doesn't like it, because of the fact that people talk on the rookie channel about stupid things, rather than being helpful, then hey, you're just slitting your own throats, and you have nothing to coplain about.. you helped caused the player to leave (It's a known fact that if you give a person bad customer service, you will lose 10 people pluus the person you are trying to help.. and stop and think further.. any one of those 11 could be a depositors into this game..

Now sure, I'll get a lot of flak from some of you, some of you might praise me, Frankly at this point it's not that I don't care about games.. I actually do care. and games can be fun, interesting nd yes even creative and challenging. It's there to life our spirits when we're down, and to keep us going and to fight to survive even in a Hostile real world. (An like I said, what happens in life happens in game and vice versa)

But it's the gamers, who help shape and build a game, or who help tear down and destroy one. It's really our choice to do what we want.. and it's our choice to see if this game lives or dies.. we're the deciding factor if anyone will join the game or leave it..

Sure that new game? it has it's growing pains, it's still in alpha, Some games are in beta, and some are heading for that Gold status, and believe me we've had a lot of growing pains too right here in Eu, including all the hetoric that exists in these forums..

Personally I'd like to see the game develop intom something a bit more, and if you want to destroy the game, go right ahed, cause to be honest, you're just gonna sit there and make ourself miserable..

But in the end, don't knock EU like it's a bad game, it's not. let's call it "Decent, but with flaws" The only thing I have to say is that it could be worsse, you could be sitting on the sidelines wondering, "Why is the game not working, and it's the developers fault. No wait, I broke the game, I caused this problem.. and then the guilt trip begins..

but go back to what I said, that other game started to fall apart already in alpha, but the good news is, that the developers are listning.. Maybe it's a good idea for the developers too to read this post.. Maybe they'll get a better idea of wht is going on here.. from a gamer's perspective..

But just like any game, this game as well as the other more new one i play will survive..

Let's jsut hope that we don't have any more "Bad Aplles Come in and ruin the fun t for all of us..

That'a sll
Frankly it was no fun when the cheats and hackers got into that other game, and now? They're history.

I have to say, go ahead, ripd this comment apart.. but in teh end, ; EU isn't a bad game in fact no game is perfect, but each game is different, challenging and keeps us entertained..

I guess what I'm trying to say, that when you take the money out of this game, the end result is that it should be fun.. and enjoyable. there should be teamwork and sociability in this game.. but until things change.. the more things remain the same.. Until people realize one thing..

It's the gamers who make or break a game. Pure and simple.

For games it's the status quo.. and really until people stop and think long and hard at what kind of pressures and problems programmers and developers have to produce any game, even a quality one, then you'll really enjoy the fact that games are developed by humans, we're all human and in fact I'd ike to see some oflks prove thier robots. (Or maybe.. we have spies in our midsts right now who are reporting back to their robotic or pony or whatever overlords are out there. (Time for the Tin Foil Conspiracy hatters to come crawling out of the ground..I know some of you guys are just that type.)

So please.. Troll all you want.. Put on your conspiracy hats, do wahtever you want. Be a nuisance to developers, be a help to them, whine bitch moan and complain, turn people off, do wahtever you want.. After all you're a gamer, be proud for who you are.. and if you can't stand the game? Try another one, and anotehr, keep trying till you find one you do like..

Me? I got plenty to do, and I'm never bored.. even though I'm headed to wherever dead people go, at least I know that I did my part to speak my mind.. to say whatever came to me, and to theorize what gaming is all about..

Okay have it it all you people out there, this one's for you..
(I'm off to bed to nurse a cold..)

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Space Pilot Call sign "Coyote")
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper.

There is one difference though: When EU was in Alpha, the programmers of the game you talk about were still in diapers. :wise:

Edit; Give or take a few years...

Still it's the players who help develop the game..

There is one difference though: When EU was in Alpha, the programmers of the game you talk about were still in diapers. :wise:

Edit; Give or take a few years...

(I see you joined the forum here in 2014, yet you say theat you know that the programmers wer ein diapers..)

The reality is. maybe they were in their late teens at best, but diapers? hardly...

but still if you think games are that bad, then please.. let's not try to say that any game is perfect even if it is that one war game, or that one that deals with simulting a city building experience, or even tha other one that makes you a super hero and has lousy control features..) Oh and might I interest you ina a game that has little green frog like aliens who aren't afraid to venture into PVP Space?..After all EU isn't ehhe end all game either..

Benjamin Ben Coyote

(I see you joined the forum here in 2014, yet you say theat you know that the programmers wer ein diapers..)

The reality is. maybe they were in their late teens at best, but diapers? hardly...

but still if you think games are that bad, then please.. let's not try to say that any game is perfect even if it is that one war game, or that one that deals with simulting a city building experience, or even tha other one that makes you a super hero and has lousy control features..) Oh and might I interest you ina a game that has little green frog like aliens who aren't afraid to venture into PVP Space?..After all EU isn't ehhe end all game either..

Benjamin Ben Coyote

What does my join date on the forum have to do with anything? Such an assumption leads me to believe you created your account as soon as you joined the game which means I had been here for years when you still were sweating.

Anyways, it was a half joke. Point is that EU is old and MA had a lot of time to fix stuff which makes complaints of old bugs very valid.

Really nice reading (specially as boring day at work).

And i strongly agree with your post. Thats the reason why i often get upset while reading those "Sky is falling" threads and "MA MUST do this or that" threads. Because i also feel that that kind of attitude is bad for the game and in the end bad for all of us.

I hope my satiric thread didnt cause you to post this thread, as it was just a joke (talking about the same issue as your thread here just by making all those "Innovative" ideas look stupid)

What does my join date on the forum have to do with anything? Such an assumption leads me to believe you created your account as soon as you joined the game which means I had been here for years when you still were sweating.

Anyways, it was a half joke. Point is that EU is old and MA had a lot of time to fix stuff which makes complaints of old bugs very valid.

So you saying you start play the game all quiet for years and some how this year you decide to make account and start talk a lot :eyecrazy:

So you saying you start play the game all quiet for years and some how this year you decide to make account and start talk a lot :eyecrazy:

100% offtopic :D But before mod deletes these posts, i think he(WhiningSceptic) is right, he looks like atleast few years old player (atleast knowledge about prices and stuff is similar to that) so yeah forum date doesnt show much.

Great Post and interesting read ;)

Also on gaming history side Roll back time to the following ( all pretty good stuff and now all just games developers or gone )

3do Entertainment system Panasonic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DO_Interactive_Multiplayer

Sega Saturn / Previose Megadrive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Saturn

I think EU still has a lot of potential ;) and If they can find a way to make items more affordable shal we say then all the better unfortunatly in a real cash economy you are always going to have people with larger ped cards than ourself ;( nothing wrong with that as some people will say thats investment but would also upset a huge amount of people if they destroyed values of items.

Be interesting to see the next couple fo years especially whats on the road map

No, I did not say that. I had a EU account for years as well as a EF/PCF account. However, at one point I decided that I wanted to terminate my old EU account. I was then away for a while and now I'm back with a new account. I decided to create a new PCF account and get my old one deactivated partly because I wish to obtain some degree of anonymity.

With that said: Trying to invalidate someones argument using their forum account age is... well, I'm not going there...

Last edited:
Totally agree to Coyote´s post.

I play a lot other games aswell, some are free to play others have micropaiment system in place or based on monthly fee.

My experience from over 20 years gaming, there is no bugfree game.

And there never will be a bugfree game, no reason to whine that much.

Same can be said about balancing. Its not always obvious that some new things bring the total game out of balance. It happens, and it can be adjusted.

A good game is constantly developing, and I can tell you EU is constantly developing and MA is doing a creat job, from my perspective.

I have seen many games fail, I have seen games, that really died within 1-2 years, just shut down by the developers. EU is still around, and MA is doing a lot to keep it alive.

Same as Ben, I see this tons of whinning threads, complaints and bitching as a very negative reputation for EU that doesn´t help EU in any way. It hurts, as it drives off people that take a look befor starting with EU at all.

EU is one of the best games I ever played. It is really FTP on every level, its just up to the players themselves how much they want to invest. You can also take a break of a 2-3 month and come back, doesn´t cost anything (not doable in monthly fee based games).

What EU needs is just some positive coments by us players, that would make more people join.

What EU needs is constructive critics (not necessary here at forum), the developers need it by support case filed. They can´t read forum all day. If they would do it, there would be no more time for developing!
Surely some MA employes take a look at forum every here and then, but surely they can´t read everything posted, especially now as every planet got its own forum, and some have different forums for different languages, who at MA should read all that? Forum should be main source informations from players to players, not for developers. Information for developers should directly addressed to them by support cases.

EU is not about getting rich (although that may be possible), its a great fun game with a mostly nice comunity.

I love EU and always will be back in game as long it exists.
My hope is that EU will live longer than I will do, so that my kids and their kids will have that great gaming experience, too.

I enjoyed reading this also
Many (if not all) of your thoughts finding me in your side.
I need to add a comment, isn't not mine but I agree 100% (something that I read here long ago tho).
"For someone or some company, the achievement to make a MMO with RCE and gameplay like EU and keep it for 11!!!! years alive, need above innovation and talent and fantasy...real guts!!!
Sometimes I do complain about... "this and that" and so on, but I never forget the above sentence.
Entropia it is (at least for me) THE ONE OF A KIND MMO! and as a prove try to google it-> "first/third person game hunting - mining - crafting and REAL CASH ECONOMY!!!! you don't get anything else Entropia and some...."crap"!
Before I join in, I heard alot about this World, some positive and some negative comments and stories.
From the time I came in this virtual world and saw with my eyes what was all about I erased all at once.
Finally
I think I'm very lucky and all of us aswell, that in "our times", these are possible for all the ppl around the globe - Internet/WWW/MMO/Virtual Worlds and Entropia!

Good thread +1 rep

Man i don't know what's worst, whining threads or tree hugging lets all sing kumbiyah around the campfire threads.

Personally I think there is a world of difference between bugs where some settings of 'silent running' mode in space don't make you properly 'cold' to radar and need more tweaking (other game) - and something like loot pills 'not clicking on your dead mob automatically' and thus if there is lag you must click on mobs yourself to activate the loot queuing (or stay close enough to the carcass for a while)!
I expect the level of complexity involved in sorting out the correct functioning of a system is vastly different for these examples.

Some of the 'stupid' technical or tactical problems that formula one teams sometimes have remind me of EU - to be a winner you need to get fewer things wrong!

Still, I have always thought that EU offers a great deal of potential - and that's because of the basic idea, but not from the actual implementation we have seen and continue to see...

I do think that the base structure is pretty solid - and it needs to STAY solid as well. Losing faith in (or exploitability of) the background systems that control transactions etc (ped card, tt-ing, trading, orders etc) would not be good...

Should any game be recalled? Some should , others shouldn't..

Personally I think there is a world of difference between bugs where some settings of 'silent running' mode in space don't make you properly 'cold' to radar and need more tweaking (other game) - and something like loot pills 'not clicking on your dead mob automatically' and thus if there is lag you must click on mobs yourself to activate the loot queuing (or stay close enough to the carcass for a while)!
I expect the level of complexity involved in sorting out the correct functioning of a system is vastly different for these examples.

Some of the 'stupid' technical or tactical problems that formula one teams sometimes have remind me of EU - to be a winner you need to get fewer things wrong!

Still, I have always thought that EU offers a great deal of potential - and that's because of the basic idea, but not from the actual implementation we have seen and continue to see...

I do think that the base structure is pretty solid - and it needs to STAY solid as well. Losing faith in (or exploitability of) the background systems that control transactions etc (ped card, tt-ing, trading, orders etc) would not be good...

Well if you want to put it this way, then you should see this Forbes Magaizine article that states that some games (some of which ware still veery popular) should be recalled, and in fact even though I can't name them directly, the point is that some of the games that are metioned should or had been recalled

Things like GTA:SA, where the infamous "Minigame" is an example of a company taking the rightway to solving a problem.

Others Like SC5: well they should have been fixed before they were relaased..

Even FFXIV ended up where they actually had to literally fire the entire development team and rehire a second one.. (Sound familiar? It should We in EU can say two words and we can see an exaple of what happens when you fire one development team and bring in another that has zero clue as to what to do (oh and those words? Next Island).

Even BM:AA is a case where control design was impossible at best, and Horrible at worst..

and even now they're talking that another Company should pull a game that has so many issues that their blog is bogged down not with praise but with things like "Workarounds" (Again sound familiar? Look at between August of 20098 and say 2 years ago right ehre in EU.

The bottom line:

The reality of any game, be it a reacl cash economy or nto be it an MMO or a solo game is that no game is perfect.. and you may be wondering why?

The answer might surprise you: The real reason is that we have here are people programming the game, and not robots or machines. People do make mistakes (and you can see it even on this forum a lot when a player admits they made a mistake puttiing up a CLD for too low a price or making a bid on an item that was too overpirced. (and let's not start with the Trust Scammers either.. Really let's not. )

The end result is that players are human, so afre developers. Give the developers a chance ot work out the problems. and give them time to do so. After all the fewer the bugs that are in the system, the better the game becomes. Also allow them to fix the issues you find.. and yes, we're the playtesters of this game, we're the ones who Actually have to report these issues, and anyone who fails to do this could be what I consider a person who wants to exploit, or a person who is too lazy to actully deal with such a minor issue..

I mean if anyone wants to go look on Calypso you can find issues that have taken up to 2 years to fix (and some of them are just 5 mintute fixes that could be done on any patch..

The issue is, that the players who play test any game reeally should report bugs, they should be reporting issue and they should offer solutions to a developer in order to make the game better..

Now as for EU, I say that a lot of the problemns you here are really from people who think they deserve a bug free game. Reality check here people, no game Like I said, is bug free, and this article that Forbes Magazine proves it..

So please... don't complain.. Help report, and suggest. Do the things that will make EU better..

and you don't think that they don't listen? They do.. but it's gotta be prioritized.. and when there's a game breaking but, those do have to be fixed first.. the rest? It's all trivia to within reason and those are taken care of accordingly..

and that's from my observation over the last 6 years.. I mean let's take a look back just a few months ago when the servers crashed? How long were players out of game? 18 hours.. and the rreason was simple.. The technology on the server side was old, and needed to be updates..Conversely you wonder why our player base dropped by 2/3rds/ TYhe reason is that the player (the Client) didn't do their upgrades eitehr and expected a game with such powerful graphics to be played on computers that would handle the older graphics but no t the newer and improved ones..

So like I said, every game has it's flaws, some less than otehrs, but when the game finally does get to the point where you can enjoy it, it does become enjoyable..

SO give it time epeople help the devs with the problems and give them solutions..

That way I feel you'll have an enjoyable game in the fture..

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Pilot Callsign "Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

ok i've read all
and i see what you mean
so it's our fault if mindark developpers are smoking crack that is ? :scratch2:

ok i've read all
and i see what you mean
so it's our fault if mindark developpers are smoking crack that is ? :scratch2:

It's more of a stop smoking crack with them kinda post :p

So as to not be totally trolling: the player-developer relationship goes both ways: the more players that exist who exploit the more the company will restrict etc. Everyone complains that it was better before vu 10, it was better in the beggining etc. But if i remember right the biggest scandal was when everyone and everything was going "great" (at least as people remember it now...)(i'm talking about some players, who owned some lands, who made a bit of ped with some good guns and...)

Last edited:
Just seeing when my account was created, my game avatar was created 3-29-05, just looked at it on EU website.

Edit, I, myself, created this forum account shortly after joining game. and this was my 498th post. I still dont think forum account creation means much though. I have sold out 2 times. just keep the same accounts i do.

I might be contridicting myself from years ago post. but pre vu-10 sucked. I am sorry. I remember loot sucking, and unless you were here before TI was made, you didnt loot mod faps or anything like that. also, quite a few mod mercs ingame were looted from snables if i remember correctly.

but honestly, i dont really care anymore, and i usually dont keep up with teh forums anymore. just trying to finish my beer before i go to bed. i play at a nice easy level nowadays. weapon of choice is a cap-10 smug, armor is adj pixie, mahketta, and liakon. only healing is regen III and V. i do have some armor plates though, different sets.

Last edited:
Dear Ben,

I agree that a helpful community would help make the game better and also improve the conditions for the developers. I would hate to log on to an official forum of my own business and read complaint after complaint. I'd probably not do much at all those days.

I would love to see such a community that your asking for. However, just like in real life, complaints is part of the Entropian culture. That's one of the first thing new players learn. They learn that loot sucks and that mobs ninja spawns. It's called social pressure and is applied on anymore in a new environment. New players will complain to fit in and thus the seed of the Whines are planted.

I try to stay positive though, and so should you. We shall fill all new players with happy seed instead.

As soon as my friendslist works.

now that was one hell of a tltr Ben

what i can read in your post is that you fail to see some serious problems that some EU-players have with EU. You cannot compare EU with another game and cheer how great this one is. -of course its great, its fuckin genious! But its not perfect and the difference between genious and perfect create a 3% loss on my pedcard that you can add to MAs other 10%. Add another 3% for my own stupidy. If you sit in the Rockies or Australia in a remote area add another 5% because your weak internet fucks up your gameplay, oh yeah you could craft or tame an animal. Well you have to come up with something to compensate for this 16-21% losses you create by simply playing the game. But its not there! Its not created content. I cannot do many things ingame because there is no market for it, its a sure loss. And here is where i see the sky fall and you not. Once we players learned that SNAFU is the new entropy-factor in EU, they can sell us everything!

Not me! I got a ten layer tin foil hat and i am over 9000! Deposits

now that was one hell of a tltr Ben

what i can read in your post is that you fail to see some serious problems that some EU-players have with EU. You cannot compare EU with another game and cheer how great this one is. -of course its great, its fuckin genious! But its not perfect and the difference between genious and perfect create a 3% loss on my pedcard that you can add to MAs other 10%. Add another 3% for my own stupidy. If you sit in the Rockies or Australia in a remote area add another 5% because your weak internet fucks up your gameplay, oh yeah you could craft or tame an animal. Well you have to come up with something to compensate for this 16-21% losses you create by simply playing the game. But its not there! Its not created content. I cannot do many things ingame because there is no market for it, its a sure loss. And here is where i see the sky fall and you not. Once we players learned that SNAFU is the new entropy-factor in EU, they can sell us everything!

Not me! I got a ten layer tin foil hat and i am over 9000! Deposits

What he said!

Issue is not the game or the devs working on it, its the friggin management!

Some examples of bad decisions by management that cost money or did not help company economy in a substantial way:

-The Castle
-MindBank
-IPO
-Ilunova
-CLDs

The above are management issues, not developer... The developers only get as good as the management is.

Ive paid to play since 2003! We all know the game is awesome but like the others have already said , MA started out with a Ferrari and now thier driving a VW bug!! How does that happen? When you dont look after it the trade in value drops way down.You can only say "trust me " so many times before what you say no longer means anything.I think MA needs to sell EU so someone can put a new sign up that says "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT".

.... also, quite a few mod mercs ingame were looted from snables if i remember correctly.

Imp2870's were looted from snables, immediately following an update (7.x iirc), mod mercs were looted from Goki's ... and trapped Spiders. :rolleyes:

This was not a bad post and I must agree with a lot of what was said. I must admit that this game is above all the other games I have played and I started playing around 1984. I also starting programming around that time. My last job was about ten years long and had around 25 programmers and 135 support/testing staff. Probably over 1 million lines of code over all and contained 200+ databases. Most of all the programmers that came to work there stayed there until it sold 10 years after the start of the company.

What is the point of all of that you say? To me it appears that there must be a huge turnover in the programming staff at MA and hardly any support/testing staff. I say this because of very simple errors that are made when a new VU or patch comes. One case in point (this is where I lost a lot of confidence in MA) was when they started the missions and the cave mission was a daily mission. I am not sure if it was a VU or a patch but all of a sudden the cave mission was broken. It had been working perfect and I did every day. The cause was someone changed the name of the pile stuff that you had to retrieve. That simple and it was broken and it took somewhere around 6 months to fix. What was someone even doing in that code as there was nothing wrong with it:scratch2:???
Still and all I love this game I just wish MA would keep the novice programmers out of the code until they learn what is going on.

That's what I did. Been playing since 2009, didn't bother to make a forum account until last year or so...

I have also played for a few years before joining PCF.....just read more then....but have been in game for 3 years with over 350k skill points...so join date can be rather meaningless:wise:

I once met a "Marvelous pistoler" (57-60 lvls) freelancer guy who was struggling with a bug from recent VU. I gave him some solutions from PCF and he wondered where I got so much detailed info. Turned out he never heard about PCF, VU notes etc.

Can't remember the name but don't think I ever met him again, here or ingame. I recall him though each time people start the rant like "who the hell got that hof?? never heard the name, it's MA!" :) The universe is bigger than it seems.

Back