I don't understand

SHY

Stalker
I really don't understand.
I am shooting a big size mob... screen is all zoomed in and the mob is covering almost like 80% of my screen. But how the hell is the mob able to evade my shots?????

I am shooting a big size mob... screen is all zoomed in and the mob is covering almost like 80% of my screen. But how the hell is the mob able to evade my shots?????

LOL,
you know what,
that's 10 years that everyone are wondering the same ;)

Ask mindark,
i'm sure they will have a uber smart answer to give. :handjob:

May be you should ask your ISP why you miss so much (this was Mindark's answer in PE Times).

Nothing like point blank face shooting a mob to have it miss to really get your confidence flowing.

I agree its silly, at least call it "absorbed" or something.

The mobs learned the trick from a secret youtube film

Due to space time fluctuations. When the quantum bubbles around the mob are twisted enough, then the mob becomes even unreachable. That's rendered by the quantum-physics engine. EU is a state of the art game, you know. They implement the latest stuff. And improved client loader stability.

The Entropia Universe's gravitational fields are unique and remarkable, and the creatures here have evolved over millions of years to adapt to their environment in a way that allows them to take advantage of that! The bigger a mob's muscles are, the faster it can preform evasive maneuvers!

The largest mobs can evade so fast, their movements can be invisible to the naked eye! :wise:

Moving so quickly can tire them out though, they need short periods of time to recover between each blazing fast burst of motion! :yup:

In fact, this discovery has led to the the development of the Teleportation systems we now enjoy! :tp:

duh! :dunce:

I always wondered how miss and evade don't fall in the same category. (they might have removed miss, been a while i hunted)

If we didn't missed 10% of the shots while hunting...

If we never got NRF on mining...

If we never got a failed attempt on craft...

How would Mindark and all the planets make money? :scratch2:

There are things like oil spent while travelling and tier up materials and a lot of decays too, that are diluted in the system where i think Mindark get 100% of those peds but it seems it's not enough.

So yes we have to have missed shots and NRF's and failed attempts on craft.

If it is stupid? Yes (I even know some ppl that stopped playing because of the missed shots)
If there is another options? I don't know.

I always wondered how miss and evade don't fall in the same category. (they might have removed miss, been a while i hunted)

Evade is the creatures ability to not get hit.
Miss is your inability to use the weapon properly. (Not maxed on sib or over L100 on non sib)

Unreachable is the creatures ability to prevent you cheating with exploits.

Works both ways. How can you continuously evade attacks of a mob that is 10 times bigger and faster than you are and could kill you just by spitting in your general direction, no even need for a direct hit - the shock wave from the spit would make your head pop like a bombardo :)

Hey don't complain or they'll make all the mobs hit every time when they that close as well :laugh:

think of them as misfires or weapon jam time. or simply turn of system messages and turn off hud display damage text and quit fukin worrying about it :)

Hey don't complain or they'll make all the mobs hit every time when they that close as well :laugh:

good point mobs miss us too so its only fair. in RL if you wanted to shoot a brown bear with a .22 rifle for an ATH pelt you are bound to miss while you shit your pants :D the bear might miss mauling your face off too while you run screaming.

:laugh::laugh:

How many bullets does it take to kill real animal? Normally just one but then it wouldn't be as much if this were true in virtual universe! :)

How many bullets does it take to kill real animal? Normally just one but then it wouldn't be as much if this were true in virtual universe! :)

depends on the weapon used to take down the animal.

some RL comparisons i like to liken EU guns to:
a flashlight
a squirtgun
spitwad and straw
slingshot
bb gun
airsoft
rubberband gun

now imagine trying to take down an elephant with these, thats what its like with low-mid lvl guns on eomon lol

good point mobs miss us too so its only fair. in RL if you wanted to shoot a brown bear with a .22 rifle for an ATH pelt you are bound to miss while you shit your pants :D the bear might miss mauling your face off too while you run screaming.

:laugh::laugh:
If your hunting a bear with a .22 forget about missing! At the very least your only going to piss him off severely if you did hit him! Nom Nom Nom! And yes shitting ones pants would be par for the course! :yup:

Think of it as hunting an Atrox stalker with TT enknuckles by yourself! :laugh:

Unreachable is the creatures ability to prevent you cheating with exploits get stuck on poorly coded terrain and make you lose PED.

... at least in my experience, anyway :laugh:

depends on the weapon used to take down the animal.

some RL comparisons i like to liken EU guns to:
a flashlight
a squirtgun
spitwad and straw
slingshot
bb gun
airsoft
rubberband gun

now imagine trying to take down an elephant with these, thats what its like with low-mid lvl guns on eomon lol
He may enjoy the squirt gun! :laugh:

The mob pulls his magic phasing card and phases out when you smack him with a melee weapon = an evade.

Missed 42 times on a small Argo once after a vu, was using a taging rifle with low ammo so as a joke i kept shooting it after 10 shots and got to 42.Clearly things weren,t working properly in game at that point hours after the update.But evade, miss , laggggg, call it what you want its just a ped grab!! Multiply it by mob x alot of players losing on missed shots and it adds up to alot of ped.It probably supplies the initial loot in all mob when you enter a hunting area.Because MA doesnt put any money into the game they only take it out of your pocket:)

Look at it form the mob perspective - a tiny avatar is standing next to it, yet it can't stomp it to ground, no matter that it should be trivial to just you know, roll over it. Worse, in most cases, no matter how hard you run at it, you can't even move it a tiny bit. As if some force field was anchoring that tiny pesky human in place. And if you hit it, you never manage to turn the gun aside - no, contrary to all logic, its position and pose remains the same no matter what.

I think I saw a video of your hunt.

Last edited:

Because...
According to MA's "hitbox" design, you probably aim the nose! the tail! the ears! or any trunk/antenna this mob have. :laugh:

Thanks all for the anwers!! It was hilarious to read most of them all!!
I was a bit bored when i made this "whining thread" hoping to read back some funny comments.
Glad to see that the overall of the comments are from serious players who adjust to the systemfacts and have peace at it and found their own way of having fun instead of eternal whining and bumping threads to get attention and forcing the system to get changed cause they are not mature enough to do some friggin effort to try something themself :rolleyes:

In my opinion this is what differs the Entropia community from other games.

Too sad that i received a useless -rep from a sad guy with a useless comment "no comment, you know why!" without being able to elaborate this. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Too sad that i received a useless -rep from a sad guy with a useless comment "no comment, you know why!" without being able to elaborate this. :rolleyes:

pfffft that's lame! I +rep ya, I had fun answering your question! :thumbup:

Mob evades are actually vital information the system gives you :)

Thanks all for the anwers!! It was hilarious to read most of them all!!
I was a bit bored when i made this "whining thread" hoping to read back some funny comments.
Glad to see that the overall of the comments are from serious players who adjust to the systemfacts and have peace at it and found their own way of having fun instead of eternal whining and bumping threads to get attention and forcing the system to get changed cause they are not mature enough to do some friggin effort to try something themself :rolleyes:

In my opinion this is what differs the Entropia community from other games.

It is wierd isn't it?

The other day I shot a mob pointblank with a rocket launcher. The mob evaded twice... kudos to the mob!

Most of the players do know how EU work and realize that this is part of the game. Without these wierd things the game would break. It is like someone on the boards said, don't remember who and I am paraphrasing:

"Realism? I'm shooting dinosaurs with a laser gun."

Back