Yet another 90% ming tt returns thread

Like i said when i started the thread: ace is just way too lucky :)

run 37:

Bombs dropped: 100
tt return: 73,38 peds

run 38:

tt return: 52,82 peds

run 39:

tt return: 86,54 peds

run 40:

tt return: 109,58 peds

Run 38 was the worst run since i started keeping records again :(

4k drops, i wonder what will come first an uber loss (1k+) or a global (50+)

At a least profit run in every 7 runs on average now :)

Good luck with the runs

WHAT are you going to do to improve returns though?????

You should be way better than this after all this time lol :wise:

Last edited:
Are you always dropping in the same place(s)?

WHAT are you going to do to improve returns though?????

That is a brilliant question, i should have asked myself that a few k drops ago.
Keep doing the same thing is stupid, so i should change something.
I don't feel like i have a low hit rate, it's just the big ones that are missing.
Maybe I should keep better track of returns during the run, and move areas when it's bad. Just like we did in the old days :)

Are you always dropping in the same place(s)?

I have 5 areas i usually mine at, and there is at least 4 hours before i re-hit a certain area. I think that should be enough for the area to respawn it's ores, then again i might be wrong.

As a comparison though: Ace has mining in 1 area for his thread.

run 41:

tt return: 51,94 peds

run 42:

tt return: 116,28 peds

run 43:

tt return: 77,96 peds

run 44:

tt return: 83,18 peds

A new all thread low in run 41: 51,94% :(

I will change something in my mining runs after run 50, have 600 drops left to figure out what it will be :)

Positve runs are picking up though, but they seem to be compensated with really bad runs.

Last edited:
That is a brilliant question, i should have asked myself that a few k drops ago.
Keep doing the same thing is stupid, so i should change something.
I don't feel like i have a low hit rate, it's just the big ones that are missing.
Maybe I should keep better track of returns during the run, and move areas when it's bad. Just like we did in the old days :)

I have 5 areas i usually mine at, and there is at least 4 hours before i re-hit a certain area. I think that should be enough for the area to respawn it's ores, then again i might be wrong.

As a comparison though: Ace has mining in 1 area for his thread.

Not to many skillgains move area, and keep track of when you mine them if it's bad at a certain time go to that area at another time instead.
and if an area is good, go back right away after a run. Stuff respawn right away, just not in the exact same location just like mobs do.

Moving areas seem to be the way to go for the second 5k drops, maybe i'll amp them a bit too, just in case MA decides to give me a compensation hof :)

run 45:

tt return: 93,36 peds

run 46:

tt return: 99,48 peds

run 47:

tt return: 63 peds

Two decent runs, overal tt return still around 80% though.
And i finished the stage 2 Ospra challenge :) A whopping 1.5 ped tt of prospecting as a reward :)

Last edited:
Well 5000 drops done, and it didn't quite turn out the way I hoped.... Time for a new strategy...

run 48:

tt return: 71,64 peds

run 49:

tt return: 76,24 peds

run 50:

tt return: 68,54 peds

Results after 5k drops:

bombs cost: 5.000
tt return 4102,02

tt return without finder decay: 82,04%
tt return with finder decay: 78,6%

tt loss: 897,98 peds

Amount of globals: 0
Amount of Sooto: 0
Amount of fun: 0

I'll sound like a grumpy old man, but: "in the past everyting (in mining) was better" :wise:

Reactions: das
I really don't know what to suggest, other than i got a compensation hof after 6k bombs. Maybe keep going till then? Or you are doing very well in crafting and MA lied when they said professions are not linked.

Rgds

Ace

- Do you make sure you have 110m between drops?
- Do you ever give after for rage drops?

Started my own mining log yesterday and got a small hof (166PED) right away. First run was 495PED and ended 95.8% return TT so now I'm afraid to continue :tongue2:

Your hof will come, just keep at it. It might come in 5k, 10k or 50k but it will come eventually. Just keep going :)

I'll sound like a grumpy old man, but: "in the past everyting (in mining) was better" :wise:

Well... what can I say but true

That it was better in the past I mean ofc

What I unfortunately have found that mining is so much less fun than it used to be. I have even thought maybe to move to hunting but I WANT mining to be fun again so I stick at it and keep analyzing my spreadsheets for a clue to make it so.

It depends on who you ask as to whether or not hunting is fun, I don't enjoy camping mobs and miss the days where any mob could drop a hof or an item be it L or UL. I also don't enjoy the prospect of shooting a boss mob for four hours that can still no loot at the end of it.

Some of the issues we're all experiencing is that fact that were encouraged by the system to go OTT. Compare how we used to play 5-6 years ago in vu8 and 9 and there's a big difference.

We analyse every aspect to maximise returns and sometimes it just gets too much, may be you just need to step away from EU for a while after all familiarity breeds contempt.

- Do you make sure you have 110m between drops?
- Do you ever give after for rage drops?

Started my own mining log yesterday and got a small hof (166PED) right away. First run was 495PED and ended 95.8% return TT so now I'm afraid to continue :tongue2:

Your hof will come, just keep at it. It might come in 5k, 10k or 50k but it will come eventually. Just keep going :)

at least 120m even, think i'll stop mining after the next 5k drops.

Well... what can I say but true

That it was better in the past I mean ofc

I see what you did there :laugh:

OK next 5k drops will be:

Amped with a finder 2 amplifier (in case of compensation hof, and maybe higher spend will cause a big one to come faster).

Mostly done on Rocktropia (change of scenery might help)

I will check after 50 drops to check tt return, if they are too low i'll either quit for the day or move the area. Two times 50 drops with a bad result will make me stop for the day.

And to think: if i got 90% or more on the first 5k drops, i'd be dropping with level 7 amps now....

Go in PVP, MA just gave pyrite, profit, HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! (rainbow.jpg)

Well something worked, got a 409 ped zinc hof today.

run 1:

tt used: 150
tt return: 80,84 peds

run 2:

tt return: 123,6 peds

run 3:

tt return: 123,71 peds

run 4:

tt return: 497,51 peds

average tt return after 400 drops: 137,61%

Let's see how long i can keep it above 100%, (and yes i am ignoring the first 5.000 drops here, i know :eyecrazy:)

Off course after you get some good loot, the game has to punish you for this anomaly.

run 8 was with changing areas, and relogging the next day.....

run 5:

tt return: 179,94 peds

run 6:

tt return: 81,98 peds

run 7:

tt return: 120,92 peds

run 8:

tt return: 66,56 peds --> 42,51% including finder decay

average tt return after 800 drops: 106,26%

run 9:

tt return: 109,2 peds

run 10:

tt return: 117,46 peds

run 11:

tt return: 132,72 peds

run 12:

tt return: 128,86 peds

I guess this means mining will be boring for the next 5k drops again.

84% tt return after 6200 drops

Last edited:
small error in run 11?

run 13:

tt return: 109,02 peds

run 14:

tt return: 143,52 peds

run 15:

tt return: 138,32 peds

run 16:

tt return: 100,06 peds

run 14 and 15 were nice, no green lines but close :)

Hi mate, I was wondering... did you use any depth enhancers there? :scratch2:

Back