RT-ND Forum offline

Billy Jean Ruby

Stalker
Society
Factory of Fun
Billy Jean Ruby
Does anyone have any update about RT/ND forum and when is going to be up and running again?
I will much appreciated if ND give us an info or something.

I have looked everywhere for updates but haven't found anything. It seems like no one has.

Is it just me or has the site been deindexed on Google?

Rather looks as if someone forgot to renew the domain.

Also another thread available here, https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?267104-Forum-Roctropia-missing

I've asked ND to make an official statement about what is going on.
What I can tell you is that at least all the domains are still active, its just that they all redirect to fewer sites.
Right now it looks like we only really have http://www.zomkong.com/ online and most domains redirect there.
You should look for updates on Facebook for now, https://www.facebook.com/Rocktropia

Will let you know when I know more and if I can share!
Cheers
Amber

Also another thread available here, https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?267104-Forum-Roctropia-missing

I've asked ND to make an official statement about what is going on.
What I can tell you is that at least all the domains are still active, its just that they all redirect to fewer sites.
Right now it looks like we only really have http://www.zomkong.com/ online and most domains redirect there.
You should look for updates on Facebook for now, https://www.facebook.com/Rocktropia

Will let you know when I know more and if I can share!
Cheers
Amber

I guess there is nothing positive going on? You sound very careful and the fact that there has been no official statement is quite worrying.

I don't think we should worry for anything more than this,
lack of www present even for a couple of weeks it affects RT's "progress".
Even a bunch of new accounts are vital for RT and for us the ppl we are live there.

/Amb thx for the update

I don't think we should worry for anything more than this,
lack of www present even for a couple of weeks it affects RT's "progress".
Even a bunch of new accounts are vital for RT and for us the ppl we are live there.

/Amb thx for the update

I wasn't thinking "sky is falling bad" but things like security issues, server park burning to the ground or ND in fight with the webmaster.

I guess there is nothing positive going on? You sound very careful and the fact that there has been no official statement is quite worrying.

I'm mainly trying not to speculate since I don't want to go around and start rumours or whatever.
If I had more info I'd happily share it...

Thank to the Planet owner, during the day an official announcement came out.
You can find it ofc through EU/RT launcher if you are on the planet.
I posted also here with a new link to the official portal.

Thank to the Planet owner, during the day an official announcement came out.
You can find it ofc through EU/RT launcher if you are on the planet.
I posted also here with a new link to the official portal.

nice website btw :)

Another poor move, trying to save money by not having a official forum and more promises of things to come. Not everyone has or wants Facebook or certainly want their real identity to be known.

What I found most worrying was the 'New Players will start on Calypso" line. Sounds like at least part of RT is going back under MA's control like Next Island.
Then again, they do say that they'll start promoting specific Movies, and up till now RT is only affiliated with Two of them, Kong and The Thing. So... confused.

Official ROCKtropia related News will now be released Via our Facebook Page.

Forum News!

Under the circumstances, we have decided to encourage forum related discussion to also take place on Facebook to encourage a more Social atmosphere that is more accessible to the rest of the world using simple FB tools!

Share, Share and Like ;)
Source

Rocktropia News!

www.ZOMKONG.com to act as the new Web Portal to the planet Rocktropia. Upcoming marketing Campaigns for ROCKtropia will focus on specific Movies, Mobs, Experiences, Destinations and Events rather than the planet as a whole. ... New Players will start on Planet Calypso to learn the Ropes of the Platform, before being encouraged to explore the Wonders of the Universe!
Source

Maybe good, maybe bad... I can't make up my mind but I will for sure miss the forums!

In my perspective, for you to want to "move" new players to start on a competitors planet seems like a wrong move for your own planet...

So what im guessing is that financial Rocktropia is not that well, and that some partnerships have been made (which includes owners of calypso - they want the new players at them). Now he will focus on trying something different to turn the situation around.

My theory only :ahh:

I will try to make a guess or an assumption,
I don’t believe there is 100% financial issue to this decision.
Yes, dev's are asking a lot, but first of all it is the knowledge of EU platform.
More likely this caused by the lack of permanent dev team for the planet.
A "new player experience" like Thule, need a lot to achieved.
So ND choose as move of "good will", to drive " new players experience" on Caly, in exchange we might see Caly's dev team (with knowledge and experience on CryTek and EU platform), working on some RT's projects/fixes.
That's I can think off from what I'm "reading" behind the words, of those announcements.

Last edited:
In my perspective, for you to want to "move" new players to start on a competitors planet seems like a wrong move for your own planet...

So what im guessing is that financial Rocktropia is not that well, and that some partnerships have been made (which includes owners of calypso - they want the new players at them). Now he will focus on trying something different to turn the situation around.

My theory only :ahh:

Said it before (as well as others) that ND was useless with CND (could have made it better working and more importantly more money) so no surprise he was useless with Rocktropia (just sad it had to be this way) and in some ways he is also at fault when it comes to Next Island.

So please mod, do your work and mod this post for saying the truth.

ps. I´m one of those without FB profile.

ps2. I still hope it works out.

ps3. Reply to above post, he has been struggling with financing for quite some time.

New Players will start on Planet Calypso to learn the Ropes of the Platform, before being encouraged to explore the Wonders of the Universe!

This contradicts "lootable pvp space to make sure each planet gets its own playerbase". So if new players can learn the ropes on Caly, then explore the wonders of the universe.. time to turn lootable pvp off in space?

So all the iron mission info that was previously listed on Rocktropia.com is now gone? One of the few reasons i visted RT is because they had some decent iron missions. If i can no longer view the information on the iron missions i will likely visit RT much less often. Just my 2 cents

D

So all the iron mission info that was previously listed on Rocktropia.com is now gone? One of the few reasons i visted RT is because they had some decent iron missions. If i can no longer view the information on the iron missions i will likely visit RT much less often. Just my 2 cents

D

I don't read anywhere that RT.com is gone forever.
But anyway, there are always info's about all planets and all missions in Entropedia.
So there isn't reason for you to stop visiting RT.

But anyway, there are always info's about all planets and all missions in Entropedia.

90% of info that was on rocktropia.com is either missing or wrong on entropedia when it came to iron missions info

What I found most worrying was the 'New Players will start on Calypso" line. Sounds like at least part of RT is going back under MA's control like Next Island.
Then again, they do say that they'll start promoting specific Movies, and up till now RT is only affiliated with Two of them, Kong and The Thing. So... confused.

Yeah, sounds like ND have given up on the planet and it's under MA management, only explanation I can see.

After the mass shake up of mission rewards were alot, RT missions was put on hold the rewards was changed. Even ND was not sure what the mission rewards was so players had to do the missions and report the missions, this was also linked to a website that was ment to be place for RT forum called "the bomb" after a while that died out. So missions was still listed on forum and the shake up of the plant happened and NPC was lost or moved. We still had rewards for Iorn missons that was nova and ND keeps on saying he will fix it and still nothing.

D

A large amount of the mission data was actually on EP's wiki, might want to start here Planet_ROCKtropia_Missions

As others have stated though, it may not be 100% correct with the recent changes and the like.

I will just sit back,, sip my beer, cross my fingers and pray.. Something always works out in the end.. Always.....

(well almost always.. sorry NI)

Great for retention rates most likely!

New players are most likely not expecting to hunt strippers with the cheap @$$ rifle when they sign up for a sci fi MMOG. I am guessing far to many players quit when starting on RT compared to the other planets which forced MA to changes.

Regarding facebook: That is stupid. Stupid cheap @$$ way to try to get more likes. Facebook is no place for proper discussions and information sharing. They just want more likes to their posts.

Handled horribly. Just removing the forum and all the information people put effort into sharing is horrible.

A little bit off topic:

I don't think there is a need for RT, Ark and every single planet or LA to have a dedicated forum. It only provide a mess, hard to find info. Same situation is with ef and pcf what is the purpose? Players are just spread. Best and enough would be to have 1 top 2 forum witch a sub forums for everyone.

Going back to main subject thought I am guessing RT forum wasn't to popular and thats why nobody gives a sh... if it is online or not.

Back