Question: weapon eco compare / skillz

moise

Dominant
hi guyz

i'm about lvl 30 blp rifle hit and dmg.

i wonder what best eco btw
ravenger mini sweeper V1 tiers 2 (dmg enhan)
and a (maxed) Piron PBR-22 (L) with fi/ra/co beast

no doubt about decay,
i wonder about cost of ammo vs dmg

if i understund well :
V1
more ammo to kill (less dmg + non SIB average dmg)
tiny decay
armor/fap decay

piron
less ammo to kill
weap decay
fi/ra/co decay
high MU

so wich one ?

thx

Last edited:
Use the (L) Piron. I wouldn't use the sweeper. Like right now I wouldn't even.

At lvl 30 the amount of "Miss" you will see will make the V1 not worth using in the long run. I had the Adj Stark for awhile at lvl 50 blp sniper and was nothing more then a ped drain. The difference in mu will not out weight the extra cost that a non sib gun will cost you.

Just checked entropedia's weapons compare tool. Not sure how accurate it is with non sib guns but at lvl 30 for both hit and dmg and using V1 with 2 dmg enhancers you will get

Ravenger Mini-Sweeper V1: dmg/p - 2.253 - dmg/s - 30.53
PBR-22 (140%) + beast : dmg/p - 2.877 - dmg/s - 48.04

If these numbers are anywhere near accurate its plain to see which one is the better option. Even with paying 140% mu for the gun.

Last edited:
ok thx,

so you say even with MU + amp decay,
SIB still better than V1 veryyy low decay
right ?
well... ok thx guyz

SIB still better than V1 veryyy low decay
right ?

It's not just weapon decay you must look at, but complete weapon cost. With guns, this includes ammo cost, plus amp, enhancer, scope and laser sight costs, if used. There are weapons with incredibly low decay, but their ammo use raises the overall cost to a less acceptable level. Conversly, some melee, which use no ammo, have good overall cost/dmg.

This total cost per use is then compared to the average damage expected per shot. This gives you damage per pec spent.

Consider this: To remove the 400 health points of a specific creature, you have two weapons.

A sword averaging 28.5 dmg costing 0.10491/swing
A gun + amp doing 29.35 avg. dmg costing 0.12146/shot

Which would you rather use?

(I removed other factors, like shot/min., etc. to make a simple example.)

Included into those calculations are misses caused by skill level. Your profession level versus a specific weapon dictates whether you'll miss 10% of attacks or 20% or more.

Again consider two weapons. Both have similar damage and cost/use stats, but one of them, you will miss twice as much.

Since missed attacks are still counted (decayed), you want to reduce the number of misses by using weapons proper to your skill level. This alone can reduce your cost/kill better than anything else.

yep thx,

to be honest i did check entropedia weap compare for those 2 weap before to ask here.
added skill / amp / MU / enhancer
but bah i dont trust entropedia cause im back ingame from years and was not sure it is up to date.
anyway thx for advice.

btw : ravanger mini-sweeper V1 tier 1.5 for sale :p

Back