Luke's 10k Daikiba Iron Log

Society
~Zen~
Luke Aneides Redmond
The hunting logs that have been posted lately and various discussions about efficient hunting has inspired me to log my hunting activity. Decided to start first on finishing the 10k Daikiba Iron Challenge. I've been sporadically working on this mission, but was always getting sidetracked. So, I evened things out to 1000 killpoints and am starting my runs from there. Runs will be 500 points each (changed t0 1000 points each). Some stats:

Weapons
Piron PLR 17 + A103 - Dominant and up
Xent Tech X3 + A102 - Provider and up
Ozpyn Chon + A101 - Mature and Old
SI HK110 + ZX Zinkadus - Young and finisher

Armor - ARC Guardian

Fap - SI HEART (non-combat) and IO Pulse (emergency)

Relevant professions/stats (Start/Current)
Laser Sniper = 23/24
Ranged Laser = 20/21
Evader = 9.34/9.49
HP = 110/110

Any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Run #1

Mission progress 1500/10000

Ammo in = 101
Weapon and amp decay = 32
Armor = 0.45
Heal = 0.86
Total cost = 134.31

Loot = 181.15

Return = 46.84 PED
% Return = 134.9%

Notes - A good run. Three very small globals (10, 8, 7 PED), but a lot of minis (some higher than the globals). Maturities ranged from young to alpha which have different point values for the mission so I did not kill 500 MOBS, just earned 500 points. I did my best prior to the run to estimate how much ammo I would need to get to 500 points and I may have overestimated leading to an inflated return rate (by selling back unused ammo). In the future I will try to hunt with universal ammo as much as possible to eliminate that issue.

Last edited:
Good luck with the log and the mission Luke! :)

Looking forward to seeing how this goes, good luck!! :)

where are you going for the best density?

Thanks for the interest. For now I'm hunting the spawn north of Twin Peaks. For me I think it has the best mix of lower level maturities to keep defensive costs down.

I did my best prior to the run to estimate how much ammo I would need to get to 500 points and I may have overestimated leading to an inflated return rate (by selling back unused ammo). In the future I will try to hunt with universal ammo as much as possible to eliminate that issue.

You can also accomplish this by calculating the ammo used from the decay on your weapon.

For example, if your X3+A102 decayed 32 PED, I know that 33 % of that was the X3, which is 21,12 PED. By knowing that the gun decays 1,02 PEC/shot, it has to have been fired 2070 times, burning a total of 84,89 PED in ammo (including the ammo used by the amp). :)

By knowing how much ammo you bought, how much you used (above) and how much you have in your inventory after the hunt, you can calculated how much was looted.

Reactions: MPZ
Run #2

Shinkiba Young-Dominant

Mission progress 2000/10000

Ammo in = 62.52
Weapon and amp decay = 31.60
Armor = 1.55
Heal = 0
Total cost = 95.67

Loot = 70.47

Return = -25.2 PED
% Return = 73.7%

Notes - Although my first run was an overestimate on the amount of ammo needed to get to 500 killpoints (thus selling back some of the original ammo purchased for the run) and I tracked this one with universal ammo so I know exactly how much I spent to get to 500, this was no where near as good as my first run. Most loots were below cost to kill, hardly any minis, and one small global (10 PED). I did get two pieces of Pixie and one Kalous 1 (about 9 PED). Armor bill was higher than before, but I spent 0 PED to heal because of that. With a 1.31 PED bill for armor and heal decay on the first run, I will go armored from here on out. I am also going to try doubling the number of killpoints/run as this will get me closer to 500 MOBS killed per run based on ammo costs. Even though it was a pretty bad return, it was spread out over several days. So, spending $2.50 to play a game I truly enjoy for half of week isn't really that bad. Have fun out there.

Last edited:
Where possible it is best to have FAP decay rather than armour decay as you are at least getting skills that are very important later in the game but you probably know this already.

Good luck with the rest of the mission :cool:

Last edited:
Run #3

Mission progress 3000/10000

Ammo in = 126
Weapon and amp decay = 64.58
Armor = 7.26
Heal = 2.92
Total cost = 200.76

Loot = 184.96

Return = -15.8
% Return = 92.1%

Notes - Decided to go for 1000 killpoints per run from here on out. No globals this run. Looted a few (L) Lacerating attack I's.

Run #4

More of what probably seems like the slowest hunting log ever (in my defense, I only get an hour or two, tops, to play a day).

Mission progress 4000/10000

Ammo in = 126
Weapon and amp decay = 63.15
Armor = 5.67
Heal = 1.26
Total cost = 196.08

Loot = 154.14

Return = -49.14
% Return = 78.6%

Notes - Could be worse, could be better. Compared to my last run I did spend less defense-wise, so that is good. Loot was not as good, unfortunately, with only 1 very small global of 7 PED.

More of what probably seems like the slowest hunting log ever (in my defense, I only get an hour or two, tops, to play a day).

Mission progress 4000/10000

Ammo in = 126
Weapon and amp decay = 63.15
Armor = 5.67
Heal = 1.26
Total cost = 196.08

Loot = 154.14

Return = -49.14
% Return = 78.6%

Notes - Could be worse, could be better. Compared to my last run I did spend less defense-wise, so that is good. Loot was not as good, unfortunately, with only 1 very small global of 7 PED.

A slow log is better than no log :)

Your defense costs are around 3.5% for this run. I would suggest trying to lower it further. When I did shinkibas I would kill the big ones first, then when I was low on HP I killed small ones while I regenerated. Worked well for a while but then I got impatient and went BANZAAAAIII instead.

I was thinking the same thing (regarding defense costs). For my next run I was going to try ARC Guardian armor and see if that helps (might be a bad idea, but a little experimentation never hurt) because I get a lot of 1 HP hits with the adjusted pixie and am most likely overprotecting. I try to do the same thing regarding switching between higher and lower maturities to limit FAP use, but as you said, sometimes you just have to go all out.

I was thinking the same thing (regarding defense costs). For my next run I was going to try ARC Guardian armor and see if that helps (might be a bad idea, but a little experimentation never hurt) because I get a lot of 1 HP hits with the adjusted pixie and am most likely overprotecting. I try to do the same thing regarding switching between higher and lower maturities to limit FAP use, but as you said, sometimes you just have to go all out.

Yeah, 1hp hits are rarely any good for eco. Problem is to find a good spawn where maturities are the same all over the place. When I did the shinkibas I brought an unlimited sword (katsuichi valor) so I could kill the dominants and alphas that popped up with only a few hits. Perhaps not very good for eco but I hate dying and could wear a smaller armor for the rest.

But yes, going all out is fun as hell while being eco can be tedious and challenging. Never forget to have fun :p

Run #5

Mission progress 5000/10000

Ammo in = 126
Weapon and amp decay = 60.38
Armor = 1.34
Heal = 0.91
Total cost = 188.63

Loot = 169.84

Return = -18.79 PED
% Return = 90%

Notes - Made some changes in hopes of reducing defense cost by switching from Adjusted Pixie to ARC Guardian. Also add Piron PLR 17 + A103 for older maturities because I felt they were upping my defense cost. Resulted in a cheaper run, defense-wise, and a 90% return. Half way done.

Run #6

Mission progress 6000/10000

Ammo in = 135 (a little higher due to higher average maturity killed)
Weapon and amp decay = 62.59
Armor = 1.36
Heal = 0.78
Total cost = 199.73

Loot = 202.26

Return = +2.53
% Return = 101.3%

Notes - One other change to weapons setup by swapping Barbarella with Ozpyn Chon, increasing eco a little. Was a good run with several minis and a few small globals. Overall, this was a good run. Also saw an increase in Ranged Laser Damage profession from 20 to 21.

Run #7

Mission progress 7000/10000

Ammo in = 135
Weapon and amp decay = 61.67
Armor cost = 1.25
Heal cost = 0.64
Total cost = 198.56

Loot = 251.90

Return = +53.34
% Return = 126.86%

Total Cost from start = 815.45
Total Return from start = 760.56
% Return from start = 93.26%

Notes - Sticking with the changes I previously made. This was a really good run with two globals within the first 100 killpoints earned equaling about 67 PED. Nothing much after that, but decent loot regardless although there was one dry spell when I decided to call it a night and log off.

My 10k Daikiba/Shinkiba mission is close to being completed. I was planning on choosing the dexterity reward (5.88 PED). Anyone have any suggestions otherwise?

Run #

Mission progress 8000/10000

Ammo in = 134 (based un UNI ammo)
Weapon and amp decay = 64.18
Armor cost = 1.68
Heal cost = 1.01
Total cost = 200.87

Loot = 188.69

Return = -12.18
% Return = 93%

Notes: Decent run, nothing too exciting loot-wise, but > 90% so I can't complain.

So far for this mission:
Total TT return = -54.89
Total TT% = 93%

Run # 9

Mission progress 9000/10000

Ammo in = 48 (split this up between ranged and melee, see below)
Weapon and amp decay = 189.07
Armor cost = 1.8
Heal cost = 1.27
Total cost = 240.14

Loot = 189.67

Return = -50.47
% Return = 78.9%

Notes: After a few MM runs I decided to switch over to melee weapons for a change of pace. Although returns were a little on the low side, I am close to gaining one point HP point (one of the reason for the change in weapons).

So far for this mission:
Total TT return = -61.67
Total TT% = 96%

Side note: I spent some time in the Merry Mayhem event. I had no pretensions of competing. Instead, I use MM as a gauge of avatar progression because I began EU in late 2012. That year I was pretty naive and had no idea what I was up against so I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't take down an S1 kerb without armor and using an unamped Opalo. In 2013, I could kill the S1 kerbs with the best (L) weapon I could use at the time, but unplated Adjusted Pixie and relatively poor defense skills meant that I was taking a lot of damage. I also couldn't handle the spiders or the yulebot. This year I was happy with myself that I could finally take down both the S1 spiders and the yulebot. So, for me, this MM has helped me to see how I've progressed so far. Loot wasn't bad at all, I and I also ran most of the 10 runs that I did with the skill boost pill so I gained a ton of skills. Runs weren't too bad and I looted a decent amount of limited weapons that I can either use or sell with some MU and if you factored in the bonus for 500 points I was close to breaking even (although as others have mentioned, after getting a bonus returns went down quite a bit). Here's a summary after 10 runs:

Ammo = 1010
Weapon decay = 180.52
Armor decay = 23.59
Heal decay = 4.73
Total cost = 1218.84
Loot = 1163.81
Loot/Total = 95.5%
Loot-Total = -55.03

Mission Completed

Run # 10

Mission progress 10000/10000

Ammo in = 5 (used melee almost exclusively with the exception of SI HK110 as tagger)
Weapon and amp decay = 283.35
Armor cost = 3.93
Heal cost = 1.46
Total cost = 293.74

Loot = 311.4

Return = 17.66 PED
% Return = 106%

For the entire mission:
Total cost (TT) = 1904.48
Total return (TT) = 1904.48
Cost/Return = 97.7%

Notes: Finally done with my 10K Daikiba/Shinkiba mission. Finished off with melee weapons as primary and ended up with positive return run. Got a few small globals and enough minis to push this into a positive return run. Chose the Dexterity reward, increasing that from 1451.45 to 2027.96. Didn't break even in terms of TT return for the entire mission but came close. It will be even closer if I can sell off some of the Pixie parts and other things that dropped over the course of this log. I'll edit with total skill/profession gains from the beginning later.

Well done! I'd say anything in excess of 95% TT wise = winning

Great job! That's a lot of hair you've hacked your way through!

Back