H.Mayhem Area Summary WTF

truantduck

Prowler
Society
Coat Killers
Rei

I spent over FIVE HOURS in there? REALLY?

I figured those were just display bugs. Do you guys think the system counted you as beeing in there for 5h? Cuz if it does, I think I went over the time too I had it show something like 1:10:xx or so a few times.

Regards
Thark

It will be impressive to see the day that Mind Ark devotes resources to the simple task of programming a way to keep track of time correctly.

They did say to keep track of time yourself ;p

Yeah they did, but if the real time i was in there is 1h. and the system tells you it was 5 then the system was wrong :p

Regards

Well time is relative to the observer, don't sweat over it

Note that the 60 minute timer that appears once you enter one of the Halloween Mayhem instances is not an official event time tracking feature.

so i asume they have another timer to keep track.

The timer you see when you are in the instance I assume is run on your local machine so no time dilation with your real time.
The time you see in the end is probably sum from few timers started at different times somewhere on the server for some internet reason.
The second is probably why MindArk don't offer time tracking and probably do it manualy calculating the actual time from all the timers.
Or probably someone at the office is messing with us :laugh:

That's where I'm lost, why do we have to track if they already do. What is official and what is not ? :scratch2:

MA employee : "You're disqualified, you've played more than 40 hours !"
Pissed Player : "Wait ! What !? No no, I've tracked 39h45 minutes inside instances on my own !"
MA employee : "Ah, ok ok, here is your 50 pedish reward then, begger, sorry for the inconvenience but we didn't had official timer tracker so we must believe you."

Next year we'll have to track our points. :rolleyes:

That's where I'm lost, why do we have to track if they already do. What is official and what is not ? :scratch2:

indeed, just silly, they do some tracking however, and can't give us that timer on screen?

my first run through displayed 44 hours total time.

Wouldn't suprise me if this is bug will actually count as time spent.

Due to 40 hour limit is because if u go over 40 hour, MA have to manually check every log. Check every pumpkin looted, and deduct points down to 40 hours. (Which would be a huge task) so instead they would just disq u from the event instead. A very simple fix.

So yeah. Wouldn't suprise me :p

Or they could just normalize the score to 40h, like they did in MM last year. Pretty neat solution they came up with there. I was kinda surprised they didn't opt to do it that way again.

Or they could just normalize the score to 40h, like they did in MM last year. Pretty neat solution they came up with there. I was kinda surprised they didn't opt to do it that way again.

Exactly my thought also, it was a pretty good solution and avoided to be disqualified for stupid reasons.

Back