Newbie armor - Rascal or any suggestions?

Strenia

Hi,

I resently started playing but would like to hunt more fun mobs and was thinking about buying armor called Rascal.
Would this be a good amor for newbie hunting?

Or what would be the next amor after "Adjusted Harrier Assault"?

Thanks,

I will second Adjusted Pixie.

Yea grab a mentor and finish your disciple quest and get your free adj Pixie. Rascal is ok armor but Adj Pixie is all round better

i dont know.. althought adj pixie is an awesome set and comes free upon finishing discipleship.. i still think rascal is a great set to own and is extremely underrated IMO.

Adjusted pixie is much too strong and costly armor in terms of damage absorbed. Warrior and Goblin are considerably better fits to a newbie.

Adj Pixie or Gremlin, both are liked by a lot of players.

Or just add plates to the Adj Harrier, like 5B plates or something smaller with cut/stab/impact.

Adjusted harrier + 8A plates. I'm grinding kadra on arkadia with that set up.

I think adj harrier is great until adj pixie

Adjusted harrier + 8A plates. I'm grinding kadra on arkadia with that set up.

I think adj harrier is great until adj pixie

I put my 8A SGA plates on my Adj Harrier, and it's solid. But obviously you would want to just stick to regular 8A because of the price.

I put my 8A SGA plates on my Adj Harrier, and it's solid. But obviously you would want to just stick to regular 8A because of the price.

I am sorry I meant pulsar 8 plates. They are awesome and seem to be very economical.

I am sorry I meant pulsar 8 plates. They are awesome and seem to be very economical.

Well, if you can find regular 8A Ls, not a bad option either :laugh: But yeah pulsar's aren't bad at all

dudes, you seem to completely have missed the newbie part. somebody with less than say 7 levels in evader?

dudes, you seem to completely have missed the newbie part. somebody with less than say 7 levels in evader?

And putting plates on Adj Harrier is... not for newbs? Ok, you don't like 5Bs or Pulsars? How about 4Bs or 4As?

Really not in favour of new players using armour. They get hit a lot and defensive costs are relatively high. It encourages them to hunt above their level. Better to hunt naked choosing mobs you can finish without dying, then heal naturally between kills if you are patient or use an eco low level fap if u are in a rush.

So I would agree with the post suggesting no armour till adj pixie.

Last edited:
Never used my armour from mentoring!
because when I graduated I was far more skilled to use Adj. Musca in a daily basis.
Probably if someone want to realy play and depo every month it is very likely to need a better armour sooner than the graduation.
My very first armour was a Goblin and then....
I bought a Shogun after my 2nd or 3d month in game.
I still have it and it is a great newbie armour.
I use it when I want to have fun.
/Kikki
If someone considering the cost of decay to a ...Goblin for example, he's probably playing in a wrong MMO.
I don't want such a person as my disciple.
That's my personal opinion.

Last edited:
And putting plates on Adj Harrier is... not for newbs? Ok, you don't like 5Bs or Pulsars? How about 4Bs or 4As?

Adj Harrier is actually a good choice, again 5B / 8A are imho too strong at the stage, 2A / 2C / 4A / 4B would all be fine I guess, but 4-s have 4-5 times the TT cost, and are more rare.

Strenia, my suggestion to you is that you choose Armour based on the actual Mobs you are hunting.

This may sound obvious however your target Mob is determined by the Skills your Avatar has, which determines the weapons that you can use, which determines the Mobs you can kill with 6-12 hits.

I advise that you do some research using Entropedia http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Mob

Once you have a list of a few mobs that you can kill fairly easily, you can see which, if any has a Mission associated with it, again using Entropedia, then look at the loot they drop and hunt the Mob that has the Loot with the highest Weekly MU and ideally a mission with a reward.

Only once you have all this detail can you choose armour/plate that defends against your chosen Mob.

So, Skills --> Weapon --> Mob --> Armour.

Of course if you have lots of PED then ignore all of this and fill 'yer boots with whichever Weapon/Mob/Armour combi that your heart desires ;)

Best of Luck

Really not in favour of new players using armour. They get hit a lot and defensive costs are relatively high. It encourages them to hunt above their level. Better to hunt naked choosing mobs you can finish without dying, then heal naturally between kills if you are patient for use an eco level fap if u are in a rush.

So I would agree with the post suggesting no armour till adj pixie.

Fully agree with this, except the healing part unless you really are on a low budget.

Dirk

Last edited:
Back