Mocking pirates - effective skilling?

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hey,

In the thread about anti piracy a few people mentioned that getting attacked would give you a bunch of skills. I didn't think of this earlier but considering the vast amount of repair skillers who would be happy to repair your ship for free it might be a decent strategy. So question is as follows:

Would it be a somewhat time and cost effective way to skill pilot skills by running in the arms of pirates giving them no-looters? Or is it comparable to the free skills of sweating?

There is a few HP involved in the skills that I would like to grab and at the same time a good excuse to visit space. If it became a common strategy for people it would be even better as it would cost the pirates money.

Opinions and thoughts?

You get pilot skills much quicker by piloting into swarms of space mobs - the repair skillers can repair pretty much AFK as well

You get pilot skills much quicker by piloting into swarms of space mobs - the repair skillers can repair pretty much AFK as well

But space mobs don't get sad when I carry no loot...

Is there any way to calculate ship decay and fuel costs? I'm guessing MA forgot that in space only an initial thrust is enough to bring you across the universe.

You would have entry fee costs to consider and also some repair/ship costs. Pilot skills are actually pretty nice gains anytime I get attacked, using strafe and such dragging a pirate along with misses for awhile, I very much enjoy them, and look for them.

The downside is that pirates do mitigate the entry fees by being in space most of the time, and ship/repair costs using tools/"amazing feats of speed" / and even skillz to avoid decay. They get more benefit from getting shot than you would. But shooting you would end up eating more losses then they gain, if they chose to and/or fell for it.

There becomes a point when space mobs even as pilot on a Starfinder or MS no longer give skill as well, that method becomes time consuming also.

Quad can kill any space mob without damage (my current quad I bought the 1st week of space,I have hunted space alot, and its still half TT, a majority of loss from pirates), not much skill except offensive gained with those(or decay spent).

The only defensive gains you should get is when/if a pirate attacks. Skills would be very time consuming, dependent on if the pirate wants to shoot at you.

What I did is on a personal level effect of the same idea. After so many times of trying to loot me with no success, I often just fly by them now (I beeline to them and bump them :))....most already know I wont have loot anyhow.
My now over 3 year old Quad TT shows they do wise up.

The flaw in the plan is to assume the pirates would be gullible and or not aware enough to see some patterns, same players ect. and not adapt. Despite their undesired effect, many are quite intelligent.

If you are hunting, the planet entry is so massive, it simply cannot be covered by pirates to be an issue coming in to any planet, the Y axis alone is very tall. I hunt somewhere along the way just about every time I travel, coming to the planet has never been an issue in 100's of trips. The risk always is at or near the SS, once you get past that...there is no reason to see another SS again.

With stackable loot, I use a MS, but I usually avoid those MS fees by crafting loot into non stackable items, travel, sell, hunt, craft , travel ect. , a viable option to avoid being looted.

MS/Warp ship owners would dislike the idea, but if everyone who had no stackables flew quad instead of warps, it could be enough deterrent for pirates...and it still might not be enough volume perhaps. At some point it would work, but it might take a larger population of players than we even have, since such a small % are travelling at any given time.

Then again if everyone with loot flew MS/warp, pirates would not be looting them. :)

Last edited:
Me on my Halloween broomstick not giving a fuck.

7ae1d89d-f38d-514b-b90d-7a511ff18ab8.image_t540.jpg

Me on my Halloween broomstick not giving a fuck.

7ae1d89d-f38d-514b-b90d-7a511ff18ab8.image_t540.jpg

I wouldn't expect a complete stranger to actually give a fuck about my tries to collect cheap hp.

---

@Forgo

Thanks for a great reply.

Its your whining I dont care for.
Oh I should have guessed by looking at ur name :ahh:

I'm not whining. I just like to mess with people. We all play the game in different ways.

Who do you think your messing with ... ? :laugh:

You don't seem to grasp the concept really. I haven't sad a bad thing about pirates really, and giving away a no-looter is always fun, just like creature control is fun.

I want to skill in an easy way. I don't want to hunt because I don't have the ped or skill to put up a good fight if anyone attacks. But, as pirates like to take down anyone who comes by, it might be a good way to skill pilot skills if only the cost versus benefit is somewhat sane.

At the same time the mobs are far from SS but pirates are close, so no, that mobs don't cry is really not the only reason I'd prefer to get shot down by pirates.

You don't seem to grasp the concept really. I haven't sad a bad thing about pirates really, and giving away a no-looter is always fun, just like creature control is fun.

I want to skill in an easy way. I don't want to hunt because I don't have the ped or skill to put up a good fight if anyone attacks. But, as pirates like to take down anyone who comes by, it might be a good way to skill pilot skills if only the cost versus benefit is somewhat sane.

At the same time the mobs are far from SS but pirates are close, so no, that mobs don't cry is really not the only reason I'd prefer to get shot down by pirates.

Fair enough...
The smart way would be to get pilot rights on a MS and get a mob train going.
You will get 30 days worth of "pirate skilling" in 5 minutes.

The only tears I have are tears of joy when some idiot takes a screen full of loot into space to fund my next hat purchasing venture :tiphat:

Back