Space exploits, and how MA dont care

I see you are trying to do a good thing but you made 2 mistakes.

1 - Threatened support after they told you they were looking into it ( some things need time to proof)
2 - Post your support on PCF (your communication with support should be private )

note:
I am not a pirate and I hate those losers also
I'm just putting myself on support's shoes... if I get threatened my attitude changes too

1a - Damn strait I threatened them, and I'll be rude as hell too. If your waiter or any other kind of service provider is not doing their job for something you pay for, your well within your rights to demand they get off there ass and do something. In this case I provided them all the proof they needed on my tab, and they still didn't do jack squat.

2a - This issue MA has allowed to persist for over 2-3 years, is a very public matter, and especially in how they choose to handle cases like this.

Whether exploits exist in lootable pvp areas or not isn't really the issue IMO. The fact that looting exists at all in a game with an RCE is. I dare say that the majority of players in Entropia would chose to have no lootable areas in any form, anywhere in game. Just as we do in the real world.

The fact that there are lootable areas can make it lucrative for certain players to select this type of activity. I'm sure it's fun, and anyone carrying loot in lootable areas really should know better. Under the current conditions when those players are looted, it is their own fault.

Lootable pvp is also I nice way to generate income for MA. Giving no thought to what is morally right or wrong, or what is best for the growth and satisfaction of the players base, they can hide behind the ULA and wash their hands of activity that in any country in the world would be considered criminal.

Unless they are actively using exploits, players who loot other players are welcome to continue to do so. It's in their best interests to align themselves with others of their ilk, to develop pk skills and techniques advantageous to their profession and to procure the best gear, ships, weapons, etc. Whereas the regular player, exploit or not, is completely defenseless against them.

The idea of a successful lootable pvp game play is that all players using those areas are armed to the teeth and willing to battle their attackers to defend their valuables. I don't think this is really happening. I don't think lootable pvp has ever been like this. It's almost always some sucker like me getting shot in the back like a sitting duck in PVP4, or being blown to smithereens in space and then looted.

I personally do not believe that there is any reasonable argument that could be made (except by pirates and pk'rs in lootable areas) to continue having player looting as part of the Entropia Universe. Certainly put obstacle or challenges in place to make space travel entertaining. Perhaps allow for system loot to be collected by players who want the thrill of shooting other players in certain areas paid for by anti-toxin shots or decay generated in those areas, but not the hard-earned loot that we carry in our inventory.

If there are exploits currently in use in lootable areas, I hope that with investigation MA ban anyone involved and fix any bugs that allow players to use exploits, and most importantly compensate anyone unfairly victimized. They should disable any lootable features immediately until their investigation and fixes have been made, as well as consider bring criminal charges against those players who are in violation of using exploits to loot others.

Finally, I call for MA to completely end looting anywhere in Entropia. It's time for this game to grow up.

UPDATE on speed difference tickets ~

Recently a friend had the speed thing happen to him before. He ticketed MA and MA "told him" that pirates were playing in safe mode to get a better connection and move faster.

If you look threw the original ticket I posted I told MA I tested it, and that it is false, but I guess in situations when they have to choose between paying to fix/check something or pretending it's something mechanical... we know which they pick.

Not saying ban him although I think he deserves it. I am saying stop taking them for they're word and check it, dont be lazy MA!

2015-02-02 18:36 You wrote:

I resently heard an admin replied to a ticket telling a person that micjack and other NVE pirates are pulling off extra speed in a quad by using safe mode.

I told you guys before in a previous ticket I have tested safe mode in space and it hasn't worked to gain speed. I guess micjacks word for it is better for whatever reason you guys have, so here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3skCQ1MIe4

In the beginning I managed to confirm to some extent speed can be realated to computer performance. At first I just used alt+tab, and kept switching back and forth, that didn't have any real effect on speed. However I repeatedly, hit alt+crt+delete, then cancel from windows prompt, then go back to the game (windows 7 ultimate OS) and that caused a major drop in speed, but that is also a more demanding set of command to repeat while having the game running on high graphics.

Now to test the opposite side and try to speed my quad up by lowering game demands, and removing any background programs like internet browsers and such. I set terrain to low, uncheck all graphic options, and set myself to safe mode in everything else.

As you can see in that video the speed stayed the same and does not in anyway resemble these three video's I have of micjack who claims this method works.

1/3 -

http://s171.!!!!!!!!!!!.com/user/orion326/media/Entropia2014-09-1715-38-35-55.mp4.html

2/3 -

http://s171.!!!!!!!!!!!.com/user/orion326/media/Entropia2014-09-1715-39-47-86.mp4.html

3/3 -
http://s171.!!!!!!!!!!!.com/user/orion326/media/Entropia2014-09-1715-40-44-62.mp4.html

These are the clips I have sent you before in case you care to review them side by side.

If I had to guess how they do this I'd say a memory generator, with a renamed .exe file, and some fluff files in it so it doesn't show as a generic memory generator someone just downloaded.

2015-02-04 16:58 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Morgoth,

This is not something we discuss here from support and we do not discuss other avatars.

We thank you for the additional information and your research.

Take care and best of luck in the meanwhile.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

2015-02-04 16:58 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Morgoth,

This is not something we discuss here from support and we do not discuss other avatars.

We thank you for the additional information and your research.

Take care and best of luck in the meanwhile.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

:laugh: to the support u tha crazy guy with weird theorys, just an irritation :laugh: they just humering u b4 but laughing at u alos

me 2 laughing at u :laugh: but pitty also :loco:

:offtopic:

So you can not do that to the staff ... that is demanding and takes time they have more important things to do as having coffee break, talking about the new Volvo they will buy, do some gossip, file theres nails or anything else that is popular...but that they must destroy something that gives them income. This will probably be difficult to have to work for something that can give less money if you want help, you have to talk about where they are losing money then you shall see in a good and quick job.

:cool:

I do not know how they do it, but I can say only one thing - Equus is more quickly, I checked this, and micjack can not reach and kill me if I don't to overload my Equus. This means that if there is a gain with any exploit - it is very little. Quad-Wing Interceptor have a max speed 104,4 km/h , Equus 118,8 km/h. There is 14,4 km/h difference. This means, if exploit is present - it gives a gain lower than 10-14% in a speed. Yes, that's enough to bring down any ordinary quad. So I'm not 100% sure that exploit exists.

I've done some asking around how they manage to achieve great speeds in space and finally i have an answer...

I've not tested this but if more than 1 ship on radar, if you spam open close on map apparently increases your speed.

I'll check this out next time i am being chased, but will be on planet a while. Maybe someone else up there can do a test. :)

If is truly the case pass the word and shout from rooftops, at least then field will be even again ;).

Last edited:
I've given up fileing support cases about cheating pirates (micjackass). The cases go nowhere and are closed without any resolution or restitution. One time that really stands out in my mind is being shot down by the avatar mentioned above and despite bobbing and weaving all over the place to make him waste ammo I was hit 100% of the time.

right so opening your map is a hack lol

seriously doubt you can speed hack because (not that I am an expert) in client server model definitely all the coordinates and physics calcs ie speed etc is handled at the server (obviously) not the client so you are saying they have written such awesome code that tricks the server to allow just those particular users to have different behavior?

I am not a dev but do know a bit about computing and have dabbled in coding and apps and this all sounds ridiculous to me

There's a certain amount of error that the servers allow for. When they first introduced PhysX EU was almost unplayable in some areas as the rubber banding kicked in every time you ran down a hill.

From what I've experienced when vu10 launched location and speed is handled locally and updated on the server every now and then. When the volcano was still a golf course I almost made it there while the server was offline as it allowed us entry to the area.

So if position and speed are a local parameter then a freely available memory editor could override certain things such as speed. If the server allows for a discrepancy of a certain amount between updates then it's perfectly possible to adjust it and not get caught but I doubt MA want it known that it's possible.

Back in vu9 we'd jump to increase our speed, I could easily catch up with people on hills by spam jumping to the point where the rubber banding would kick in.

so how come u can see others moving/jumping around/turning etc in real time? Thats the part I don't get is that info not going: client>server>client?

cheers I see yuor agument though and I remember having a lot of rubber banding a few yrs ago but assumed that the "excess" distance covered would only be perceived on my client not on anyone elses or the server

right so opening your map is a hack lol

seriously doubt you can speed hack because (not that I am an expert) in client server model definitely all the coordinates and physics calcs ie speed etc is handled at the server (obviously) not the client so you are saying they have written such awesome code that tricks the server to allow just those particular users to have different behavior?

I am not a dev but do know a bit about computing and have dabbled in coding and apps and this all sounds ridiculous to me

Just passing on what i have been told, i'll check if works next time am in space. Basically guy was in PM with me and spamming map icon to stop pirate catching (who was also travelling at greater than normal speed).

If is case then i agree is poor lol, if not then was wind up needs testing.

Will be funny if its that :) then it would class as exploit I guess

I've done some asking around how they manage to achieve great speeds in space and finally i have an answer...

I've not tested this but if more than 1 ship on radar, if you spam open close on map apparently increases your speed.

I'll check this out next time i am being chased, but will be on planet a while. Maybe someone else up there can do a test. :)

If is truly the case pass the word and shout from rooftops, at least then field will be even again ;).

I just tried this on planet:
made straight run in PA (my running testing spot becasue there are tiles wth lines there so i can run from wall to wall following straight line):
- without pressing map constantly it takes ~45sec +-0.3sec
- with pressing map constantly it takes ~49-50sec

So it works oposite! - at least on planet ;).

We have method to slow us down! :)

Falagor
:bandit:

I heard about the map time a long time ago and tested it, doesn't work. Reducing load doesn't work, just look at the vid. Maybe I should test some things with a memory editor, just for research sake.

Last edited:
I just tried this on planet:
made straight run in PA (my running testing spot becasue there are tiles wth lines there so i can run from wall to wall following straight line):
- without pressing map constantly it takes ~45sec +-0.3sec
- with pressing map constantly it takes ~49-50sec

So it works oposite! - at least on planet ;).

We have method to slow us down! :)

Falagor
:bandit:

I did same on planet :D, didn't time but most definitely had an effect lol.

When someone in contacts in space will ask them to try but really need 2 people. I was told only works when someone else on radar - tried at nea's and seemed to lurch forwards.

So if you ran on your own wouldn't be the effect, needs others on radar to work... so i was told anyway.

Again could be a wind up, but worth checking.

I did same on planet :D, didn't time but most definitely had an effect lol.

When someone in contacts in space will ask them to try but really need 2 people. I was told only works when someone else on radar - tried at nea's and seemed to lurch forwards.

So if you ran on your own wouldn't be the effect, needs others on radar to work... so i was told anyway.

Again could be a wind up, but worth checking.

Could be tested easily. Have a friend running alongside and time the flight to a wp a few au away. Would have double references.

I heard about the map time a long time ago and tested it, doesn't work. Reducing load doesn't work, just look at the vid. Maybe I should test some things with a memory editor, just for research sake.

go for it man

Map spam just been tried , tested and proven...... bit more to it but can't go into to much detail till devs informed.

Vid to follow - thankyou Lokia, Mitt and others for testing :).

;);););)

Dibbler

Last edited:
I noticed that yesterday when I got shoot down by one of this pirates.

I have send a support to MA and still waiting for answer.

Old wolf done lost its teeth. 'Tain't gonna do nothin' no-how.

They been doing this for a good time MJ, and tbh not surprised Ma hasn't caught it as doesn't even involve 3rd party program. Good news is that at least they will be aware now, how done etc and able to fix, guess wait and see what happens.

I was very wrong. by the end of the night I was watching quads leap forward up to 5-6 quad lengths.

at least you managed to get a human support representative. most of us get the automatic copy-paste responce; case closed.

i can confirm that at least xane is able to increase speed somehow.. he killed me a few days ago while i had nothing on me like always in space. i gave him a merry chase anyways and cost him peds in wasted ammo and dragged him at least 10 min away from caly space station. so i was satisfied.

I'm the one that shot you down and looted you yesterday. Please tell me your not referring to our encounter?

Oh, seems I missed out on all the fun of this thread....

Just so you all know I first reported this happening to me by JohnnySnake back in 2012 and its happen many more times since then.

Normally I would just record this and report it to MA and not bother making a big song and dance about it, but it seems that now all of a sudden its perfectly fine for people to blatantly speed hack and laugh at the thought of being reported.

Anyway I just think its very hypocritical and ill leave it at that :)

i really cannot believe after all this time nothing has been done about pirates using speed exploits. when i first read about this game 2 months ago i read alot of reviews of people bitching about the game about how hard it was because of the real life cash econemy etc etc etc.. figured be a great game for me to play towards the end of my gaming years i been a gamer for a very long time but back to the point.. i also thought seeing it was a real life econemy game that the bug during patching and the exploits would be very few and far between, thought there was no way in hell a company basing a game on rl cash would tolerate any kind of bugs or exploits on there game.. maybe i was nieve to think this or plain stupid.. cause clearly there are CLEAR AS DAY exploits being used on this game and this "speed" hack/exploits is the most clear cut and paste exploit ive seen on a online game so clear that these people should be banned very quickly after being reported could just watch them in space for 1 kill to see how they are exploiting with the speed exploit. after i had it happen to me the first time i knew something was up after it happening several times i started lookin into it and found this forum and my jaw dropped when i saw how old this post was and how it is still happening using the same exploit many years later, this just shows how little MA actually cares about there honest playerbase that is reporting these things and tryin to make there game better for everyone... sad ive seen this many times in other games that a select few ruin sucha good game for alot of players..
i also have 0 issues with pirates or the pvp/loot aspect in any game and quiet enjoy pvp and full loot in other games.. i however agree with a post i read on here that there rly is no place for any kinda loot on a game like this with real life cash involved..
anyways im ranting and ranting and its pointless.. just wanted to post that for 1 i cant believe this is still going on in the exact same way many years later and ma has done nothing about it .
and 2, woundering if anyone has any current updates on this matter due to most post being old.

i really cannot believe after all this time nothing has been done about pirates using speed exploits..

After all the reports to MA on this and the time they have had to react (or not) to those reports I have to assume that they do not consider this a hack but just part of the game mechanics now.

I can never get this one to work - maybe I'm just really bad at opening and closing the map really fast :)

Back