Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport

... Space needs to be a game in itself first.

Rick
I can.... and Can't believe that this OP is almost 4 YEARS old!
Dear God MA.

4 years? You can make a whole new game in that time..

Ok, what do we want? :confused:
Do we want MA to focus on the current game, trying to fix stuff, implement new stuff etc etc?
Or do we want MA to focus on making a whole new game?
(Which would be impossible for MA judging by their current achievements)

I've flown many many hours with a oculus rift in the Elite Dangerous space. Now, that's a space game! :wtg:

So, what MA should do is team up with Elite and combine the 2 games. :wise:
Once in a ship, it becomes the Elite (Universe) and down on planet side it would be Entropia Universe.
It would help both developers since Entropia has a nice planet side and crap space and Elite has nice space but a crap planet side.

Now, that would be totally awesome! :thumbup:

Ok, what do we want? :confused:
Do we want MA to focus on the current game, trying to fix stuff, implement new stuff etc etc?
Or do we want MA to focus on making a whole new game?
(Which would be impossible for MA judging by their current achievements)

I've flown many many hours with a oculus rift in the Elite Dangerous space. Now, that's a space game! :wtg:

So, what MA should do is team up with Elite and combine the 2 games. :wise:
Once in a ship, it becomes the Elite (Universe) and down on planet side it would be Entropia Universe.
It would help both developers since Entropia has a nice planet side and crap space and Elite has nice space but a crap planet side.

Now, that would be totally awesome! :thumbup:

Why Elite? Why not Eve online? That's best MMO sandbox space universe I tried....hmmm
Small detail, those aren't RCE games!
Anyway, I prefer EU space even if bugged. Some day will be fixed eventually and will be awesome aswell.

I do not mind paying the transport fee's neither, only thing I do is make the stack (resources) big enough and pay the 2 ped transport (+auction fee), this way I can easy fly with my quad from planet to planet and go mining, stock up, then transport it again.

No need to shout for hours to have enough people for warp, overpay vips + pay 7 ped transport to caly

When I done mining the universe and arrive back to caly, all I need to do is press those "transportbuttons" and pay 2 ped to get them in 12 hours

Or why not just makes us TP from 1 planet to another (like it was in the good old days or like on foma now) and pay for that.

That's a good solution but unfortunately Leeloo, it doesn't work for heavier things like metal residue for example, the fee grows larger and larger... On RT, metal residue is scarce, and buying it from the Caly auction and paying a transport fee would equal paying around ~105% for metal residue :/

Entropia was not conceived as a space game. Our 'Space' runs on the same mechanics as every planet-side map, only without terrain and tweaked physics settings to remove gravity and change scale, and the entire backdrop is just a simple flat image projected onto the skybox. To turn it into something like Elite which has evolved since the 1980s or other other competitors with many millions invested in development is a tall order and really expected too much. I believe those who understand Entropia's mechanics actually get that. It's more the political decisions along with Space which make it so controversial. And then not even following through with one's own announcements is double ungood.

i have to say no mans sky since the NEXT update is a pretty good space game.

X3-Terrain Conflict also very nice.
Soon X4-Foundations coming, still waiting for that.
What I have seen so far, it will be awesome.

Honestly you can´t compare that to an MMO, and EU is an MMO although its fairly small playerbase.

The X- Series has no multiplayer and NoMansSky is 4 Players Multiplayer.
In EU its theoretically possible to have 1000+ people in a space battle.
Have seen some nice space battles in EVE when I played it.
Don´t know if 0.0 sectors are still that heavy contested as it was in the past.

[h=4]Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport[/h] In the upcoming Entropia Universe Version Update 15.1 (currently scheduled for early December), planet-specific auction sections will be removed. This change will result in a single unified auction, something that many participants have requested and something that MindArk believes will result in a more efficient and dynamic interplanetary economy.

After VU 15.1, buyers will have three options when winning an auction that was listed from a planet that differs from that of the buyer:

1. Pickup at Origin - Items won from auction will be placed into the buyer’s inventory on the planet of origin (the planet where the auction was created). Buyer must then travel to the planet of origin to retrieve the items from storage.
  2. Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location after a specified period of time (TBD, approximately 1-4 hours). This option will incur a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported.
  3. Instant Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported immediately to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location. This option will incur the same transport fee as Normal Delivery, along with an extra convenience fee.

The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward. Note that the cargo boxes will correspond to the value of the transport mission reward rather than the actual items traded via auction sales. In this way piracy of cargo boxes will not negatively impact interplanetary trade.

It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

MindArk believes that this new Galactic Transport system will result in increased activity and efficiency in the interplanetary market for goods and materials, along with more accurate and informative market history data that will benefit participants on all planets. It will also make for a much more exciting and engaging gameplay experience in space and pave the way for further development of space systems including combat, hunting, transport and resource gathering.

Originally Posted Here

nearly 5 years later, nothing else ever happened.

while we keep paying transport fees, let's change mob missions first MA! best idea ever! :laugh:

read the first line - VERY CHEERY NOW! HOPE the rest of the post is as good yo...

EDIT: o fuk i got TROLLED....

Last edited:

while we keep paying transport fees, let's change mob missions first MA! best idea ever! :laugh:

wow how time fly.
I was thinking 2 years max.
5 years but I am still optimistically waiting for Galactic Transport :yay:

:heart: <3

:heart: <3:heart: <3:heart: <3:heart: <3:heart: <3:heart: <3

Yes, the pool of fees must be massive by now. I look forward to the transport mission prize HOFs!

I'm guessing these fees have gone the same way as the income generated from crystal palace allocated for events :laugh:

The interest on that money alone should be quite enough to start paying out for people to do these missions :scratch2:

I'm guessing these fees have gone the same way as the income generated from crystal palace allocated for events :laugh:

The interest on that money alone should be quite enough to start paying out for people to do these missions :scratch2:

If mindark wants players to fight over those missions they either need to have min rewards of 500+peds (cause it costs several hundred ped to kill an upgraded mothership just once) per mission or need to drop the pvp ammo cost in space to 5% or lower otherwise players will just 'negotiate' who gets to run the mission and earn the reward.
More likely the later cause regardless how big their pool is now (and it should be very big from all those fees for so many years) a 500ped+ mission reward would drain it quickly.

If mindark wants players to fight over those missions they either need to have min rewards of 500+peds (cause it costs several hundred ped to kill an upgraded mothership just once) per mission or need to drop the pvp ammo cost in space to 5% or lower otherwise players will just 'negotiate' who gets to run the mission and earn the reward.
More likely the later cause regardless how big their pool is now (and it should be very big from all those fees for so many years) a 500ped+ mission reward would drain it quickly.

Well, a third option is to have missions which are only worth attacking quads for, or the expectation of having multiple kills from anything larger destroyed, maybe by lootables being left on the spot where anyone dies in space for someone to pick up and not requiring extra shots to be fired. I know that MA's removal of droppable items goes a bit against that part of the idea, but that is something I think should be changed back again anyway.
There could also be different values for missions and karma requirements in a revamped system. Personally I prefer lowering the costs of pvp to something like the fort events, or entering warp-gate instanced space when on a mission, with these lower costs enabled there, but the usual in the rest of mob space.

Some introduction of cargo missions is indeed looooong overdue, though, or some other way of implementing the promised returns of AH transport fees bak to players!

Back