Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport

In upcoming version updates.....so don't expect log off to be removed for at least another year lol

Rgds

Ace
[/COLOR]

You are such an optimist :D

ps. just reared and noticed for "at least", but I still maintain that you are an optimist.

Last edited:
I just realised, the no log out will not be happening in the first update in early decemeber.

From the OP:

"It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space."

In upcoming version updates.....so don't expect log off to be removed for at least another year lol

Rgds

Ace

You are such an optimist :D

ps. just reared and noticed for "at least", but I still maintain that you are an optimist.

Last I heard was the CTD's (I've had lots of those between Calypso<>Arkadia while in a gunner or pilot seat) on warps were triggered by a selects group of pirates. Although I'm not sure how.

If that is the case MA probably needs to address that prior to disabling logging off. As of now you have no chance to TT your stackables if the CTD occurs and anyone that was sitting in a chair is a sitting duck for approximately 2 minutes to pirates (yes you would think you could log back on in 1 minute, but it always takes longer before you can).

Last I heard was the CTD's (I've had lots of those between Calypso<>Arkadia while in a gunner or pilot seat) on warps were triggered by a selects group of pirates. Although I'm not sure how.

If that is the case MA probably needs to address that prior to disabling logging off. As of now you have no chance to TT your stackables if the CTD occurs and anyone that was sitting in a chair is a sitting duck for approximately 2 minutes to pirates (yes you would think you could log back on in 1 minute, but it always takes longer before you can).

The CTD's during warps happen due to synchronisation issues between space servers.
If you fly subwarp from one server to another you will often notice that you cant leave the pilot seat anymore as the ships interior is claimed to be unavaiable to you, this is also a sign of synchronisation loss between interior and exterior servers.
However its usually possible to shut down entropia and log back in within 30 seconds if your used to the issue and prepared for it to happen. In most cases this is a sufficent timeframe to get back ingame till the warp jump ends.

It still would be very nice to see these synchronisation issues being fixed by mindark as they have been around for several years now on various levels.

There have been ways to crash space servers in the past and cause disconnects to other players, but to my knowledge the ones related to ingame tools have been fixed.

What it sounds like here is that the lootable items will not be on you while in space anyway. You will need to put them into the ship's storage or something like that so sorry to say you wouldn't be able to TT items fast enough anymore anyway?

But remember we only have one of the two systems coming this update. The AH and then the other system most likely will not be in game for many years to come.

Last edited:
The CTD's during warps happen due to synchronisation issues between space servers.
If you fly subwarp from one server to another you will often notice that you cant leave the pilot seat anymore as the ships interior is claimed to be unavaiable to you, this is also a sign of synchronisation loss between interior and exterior servers.
However its usually possible to shut down entropia and log back in within 30 seconds if your used to the issue and prepared for it to happen. In most cases this is a sufficent timeframe to get back ingame till the warp jump ends.

It still would be very nice to see these synchronisation issues being fixed by mindark as they have been around for several years now on various levels.

There have been ways to crash space servers in the past and cause disconnects to other players, but to my knowledge the ones related to ingame tools have been fixed.

Well you don't need to be moving servers actually for the unavailability issue. I've experienced this several times just sitting in a chair for long at calypso station without doing anything at all.

To the Mods - sorry this is a duplicate post but I think it is more relevant here than where I originally posted

Space The Final Frontier

I, like many other players abhor the pirates and agree they are complete scum,

however, I would love to make space more exciting and tbh it would not be exciting without them. To this end they are essential to the development of space and to encourage ground based avatars to take to the skies. Like many others I hope the new developments in the next VU open up this area of the game.

Up until now there has been little point in attacking pirates as a non pirate. They are clever and you are unlikely to collect any decent loot from them if you shoot them down. I have a lot of respect for their RL skills in the game, 3D spatial awareness takes a lot of getting used to.

I hope the new VU presents better financial reasons to attack them. I know a number of groups have tried in the past to create defense squadrons to take them on, the problem up until now is players trying to do that had no source of revenue which means every ped spent was coming from their own pockets with little chance to recover any of this expenditure. Fuel costs, ammo costs, repair bills and landing fees (unless you want to live up there) all add up and without an income of any description it becomes a costly business (even hunting very uneco will probably return you 50% of your investment) but space is just a ped hole unless you own a MS or are a pirate. A quad taxi might cover its expenses but it is not much fun.

With the imminent possibility of an income from space (containers) I hope we see more planet based players getting into this aspect of the game. I have my own ideas about this but I am not likely to mention them here, it is not good to openly discuss your plans with the enemy.

I believe this maybe the best development in the game since I started playing and I also hope that new types of ship are introduced with the possibility to upgrade the current available ones.

Watching this SPACE

Why would a pirate spend ped killing when they could just take the delivery mission themselves? They have to deliver the boxes to get the reward anyway so why would anyone increase their costs.

E.g.. 5 ped reward from delivery mission or 5ped - ammo cost and weapon decay.

Last edited:
next on MA's list...

add total skill count? :D

K9sDlcZ.gif

Why would a pirate spend ped killing when they could just take the delivery mission themselves? They have to deliver the boxes to get the reward anyway so why would anyone increase their costs.

E.g.. 5 ped reward from delivery mission or 5ped - ammo cost and weapon decay.

Because those 5 peds make it a practically free kill with the chance to loot thousands if a player tries again like so many times to safe a few peds auction fees.
And because there will be timelimits on transport containers, but you can loot as many others and as often from others as you like.
And looting from others doesnt follow a skillbased queue for picking missions, you can do it all day long.
And because pvp is fun.
And because by posting and publishing videos of what they loot they can strenghten their ranks as other likeminded persons may think about joining them.
And because there is lots of players who have been cursing each other with words while logout was there to safe many of them and some may look forward to finally get their revenge and make some people regret they ever got personal in the first place.
There is lots of reasons why the upcomming changes will bring action to space.

If MA do not change their own rules then tere is no problem with transport of stackables for anyone who have enought time.
If you win auction biding and do not take won item or resource for 6 months it will be sent to any planet where yor avatar is without any fees in avatar inventory.
That is how it worked for years.
Until now...
Well we will see.

If MA do not change their own rules then tere is no problem with transport of stackables for anyone who have enought time.
If you win auction biding and do not take won item or resource for 6 months it will be sent to any planet where yor avatar is without any fees in avatar inventory.

From my experience, this is not very safe. I've had items disappear from the won section (after long breaks, usually), and then randomly reappear in my inventory months or years later.

A few years ago I wrote a support case about missing items (while they were gone from the won section but had not (yet) reappeared in my inventory). They asked me to specify which items had disappeared - but of course I couldn't remember what exactly it was.

Most of the stuff reappeared in the end I think, but sometimes I still get unexpected stacks of stuff put in my inventory - it's great, feels like bonus loot :woot:

You made my day. I suggest to wait 6 years who will forbid that ? :) I hope you were wasted when writing this idea otherwise you have some serious issues with yourself :D

You made my day. I suggest to wait 6 years who will forbid that ? :) I hope you were wasted when writing this idea otherwise you have some serious issues with yourself :D

This is how it works now actually.. You win something in auction and it's automatically put into your storage after 6 months if you do not claim it ;)

Missing items in inventory??, what is this??, 2004 bugs flashes all over my eyes again :(

Missing items in inventory??, what is this??, 2004 bugs flashes all over my eyes again :(

Not missing from inventory, but disappearing from the won section (after many months of not claiming it) - and then not immediately reappearing in inventory, but some time later.

Its not my "idea".
Its a fact.
I experienced it for one item from NI , i bided when bididbg was possible - before of introducting local auctions.
It was also explained in one of VU in past.
Cool that i made your day.
Yes, maybe my time on forum is wasted.

Its not my "idea".
Its a fact.
I experienced it for one item from NI , i bided when bididbg was possible - before of introducting local auctions.
It was also explained in one of VU in past.
Cool that i made your day.
Yes, maybe my time on forum is wasted.

Don't get me wrong. I just found it really funny that someone could think of it and tested it. I would not even think about such possibility :)

But I find it highly unlikely for someone to bid intentionally and wait 6 months (thats what originally was laughing at). Imagine some addicted player buying imp fap who tells you "dude I still need to wait 4 months to get FREE my device ;)"

This is how it works now actually.. You win something in auction and it's automatically put into your storage after 6 months if you do not claim it ;)

Well 2 years ago it was 365 days and then into inventory: Bug report

this sounds fun! :thumbup:

If MA do make it impossible to log off on a ship while carrying stackables in a future VU, will we also see them dealing with the various exploits and program hacks used by some so-called pirates?

Alright, it's early December now. Where's the update? :scratch2:

Its almost 2016... :bump:

Whats going on with this update?

mindark time is nearly valve time :laugh:

no pressure tho, or it may bug the shit out of us all :ahh:

Thanks for the bump - I was thinking about this again just a day or so ago.

"The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system.."

Somewhere else MA later changed it to something like "The majority of the transport fees collected...", but the pool should still be quite large now, as the payout side back to us has still not been implemented.

Is there any news on where the September vu is and what it will/may contain?

Is there any news on where the September vu is and what it will/may contain?

Where was it said VU in sept? Dont make me too excited if just rumor pls :D

Remeber: they have vacations on July (mid year) and January months, so a short delay :).

Back