Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport

As i see, someone is familiar with noobot runs to get this idea. Exact same logic to be precise. Not the first idea borrowed from that spot. If i remember correctly, L items were there first too. Perhaps it is just a stupid theory and is not true, but never knows :whistle:

With regard to this topic, i am very surprised and will wait for this update. Good job! :beerchug:

Yeah seems similar to noobots(Afterworld). Its funny how many of the features in the EU clone, made its way into EU later....(taming skilling is nearly identical, and noobot idea)

So how will it affect crafting ? And I mean non-calypso blueprints.

This is a very good question, I think it will affect it to a large degree.

If people can buy stacks from anywhere, most resources off Caly will be bought up almost immediately by resellers.
These resellers will bring those materials to the larger market (Caly)
In order for planet partners to pump out thier (L) items they need to have crafters on planet to loot them.
This would mean that many crafters would have to buy a load of materials (that were shipped to Caly) and then transport back to the home planet, in order to loot non Caly prints. By the time you pay the markups and transport fees the possible gains are negative.

One run looted and your yearly profits are done. The real winner here....MA. double the fees, that didn't exist.

It won't affect it in anyway. Because you can craft non-calypso bps on Caly, and probably this is what is going to happen.

If most of crafting was to happen on Claypso from materials transported to Calypso, then there would be much less of non-calypso bp drops, and that would also affect crafting.

I'm going to take a shit and my appologies in advance if that affect crafting

I think this will force Planets to actually bring in their own players instead of trying to steal Caly's EVERYTIME!!!

I think this will stop the large trades of stackables between planets, which i think is great in the long run because of my sentance above.

Might even force planets to actually have a working economy when they launch.....that would be a welcome bloody change.

Rgds

Ace

About Shops:
I think that after implementing will suffer only speculators Shops.
Shops of manufacturers will benefit.
I look forward to even greater demand.
But of course the prices will need to review in the terms of the availability of many components from other planets (i think to the side of reduce prices). As the owner of several shops and crafter, I can only welcome innovation. Speculators must die! Most resellers of resources also must die! I hate them!

Thank you, MA for re-implementing! :yay:

This won't have a negative effect on resellers. Motivated resellers will soon be able to manipulate the markets of all planets simultaneously, not just 1 at a time. Also, traffic to all shops will decrease since there will be more selection on auction. As more becomes available on auction (and more buyers available to buy your stuff), shops get less sales. More competition means faster price adjustments, a depression of prices on smaller planets, and more difficult for shop owners.

Calculate the amount of money MA makes from auction listings every day and you'll see why they're encouraging more auction activity over shop activity (where they get fees only if it sells).

This won't have a negative effect on resellers. Motivated resellers will soon be able to manipulate the markets of all planets simultaneously, not just 1 at a time. Also, traffic to all shops will decrease since there will be more selection on auction. As more becomes available on auction (and more buyers available to buy your stuff), shops get less sales. More competition means faster price adjustments, a depression of prices on smaller planets, and more difficult for shop owners.

Calculate the amount of money MA makes from auction listings every day and you'll see why they're encouraging more auction activity over shop activity (where they get fees only if it sells).

I want to tell you, Neil,
Your business is certainly good, I do not argue. And you just one of the major resellers of planet Arkadia (between noobs and crafters). You have high prices (higher than on Caly), and often seeing your name in the lot, I do not take it (If I have a choice or can wait).
Often, however in future, will be happen so that the MU of resellers will be higher than the price for Calypso plus the cost of transportation (in small quantities of resources).
Also, for many players is very important to buy cheaper, I often see people compare the prices in my Shop and at auction, and then buy from me. I am guided by the pricing of the planet calypso, unlike you, Neil.
Given the fact that at the calypso auction can be purchased only with an extra charge (transportation cost), Shop prices will be even lower than that now, I will correct them in connection with a lower purchase price of resources. As a result, Neil, your business will suffer, not mine. Also, I have a stupid habit of mining expensive resources (like 135% MU and higher), and do it without any problems, since I have the 49 level Prospector, little lower Surveyor.

And the prices will level off and very quickly, so resellers will suck...
At least on readily available resources, the deficit which will be offset by Calypso. Yes I'm about Blau for 130% or Lyst for 120% or same other lots on Ark...

Last edited:
Your business is certainly good, I do not argue. And you just one of the major resellers of planet Arkadia (between noobs and crafters). You have high prices (higher than on Caly), and often seeing your name in the lot, I do not take it (If I have a choice or can wait).
Often, however in future, will be happen so that the MU of resellers will be higher than the price for Calypso plus the cost of transportation (in small quantities of resources).
Also, for many players is very important to buy cheaper, I often see people compare the prices in my Shop and at auction, and then buy from me. I am guided by the pricing of the planet calypso, unlike you, Neil.
Given the fact that at the calypso auction can be purchased only with an extra charge (transportation cost), Shop prices will be even lower than that now, I will correct them in connection with a lower purchase price of resources. As a result, Neil, your business will suffer, not mine. Also, I have a stupid habit of mining expensive resources (like 135% MU and higher), and do it without any problems, since I have the 49 level Prospector, little lower Surveyor.

I'd like to say two things:
1. As a crafter i have in the past bought resources from Neil and they were always very reasonably priced.
2. Your shop might not be affected much because it's a good and well known shop with a load of supplies and (mostly) competitive prices, but a lot of shops will suffer because people will just buy guns (for example) from auction and let them be automatically delivered.

Not that it affects me much, but every change in EU has impact on other aspects of the game, that is both the beauty and the most annoying part of this game :)

Didn´t read through all that pages, stop somewhere at page 10 :D

Sounds great to me, finally MA has listened and offered a real save interplanetary transport system, without the need of using glitches ingame. Although I liked the idea of seperated economys, the interplanetary trade was way to risky due to pirating.
Its not the best solution from my point of view, but it is a solution that should work.

I think its possitive for all partys!

Pirates can still be pirates.
MS owners can still transport travellers beside the mission containers.
Quad owners may also transport some mission containers, well limited to their ship size.

Traders have to adept to the new systems.
In my perception traders are those who adept to new systems faster than most others, so they surely won´t suffer a lot form the new system.

If it has any impact on mining, crafting or grinding mobs, well we will see.
I don´t think it will have any serious impact on this proffessions.

I'd like to say two things:
1. As a crafter i have in the past bought resources from Neil and they were always very reasonably priced.
2. Your shop might not be affected much because it's a good and well known shop with a load of supplies and (mostly) competitive prices, but a lot of shops will suffer because people will just buy guns (for example) from auction and let them be automatically delivered.
I agree with you in point 2, but not in your point 1. Neil raises prices on their lots in the event of a deficit at Arkadia, and up to 10% higher than on Caly. Although I must admit that he is more honestly than others.
I just want to note, that all depends on the price of transportation. It is possible that the old way would be cheaper anyway :)

good!

[h=4]Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport[/h] In the upcoming Entropia Universe Version Update 15.1 (currently scheduled for early December), planet-specific auction sections will be removed. This change will result in a single unified auction, something that many participants have requested and something that MindArk believes will result in a more efficient and dynamic interplanetary economy.

After VU 15.1, buyers will have three options when winning an auction that was listed from a planet that differs from that of the buyer:

1. Pickup at Origin - Items won from auction will be placed into the buyer’s inventory on the planet of origin (the planet where the auction was created). Buyer must then travel to the planet of origin to retrieve the items from storage.
  2. Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location after a specified period of time (TBD, approximately 1-4 hours). This option will incur a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported.
  3. Instant Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported immediately to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location. This option will incur the same transport fee as Normal Delivery, along with an extra convenience fee.

The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward. Note that the cargo boxes will correspond to the value of the transport mission reward rather than the actual items traded via auction sales. In this way piracy of cargo boxes will not negatively impact interplanetary trade.

It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

MindArk believes that this new Galactic Transport system will result in increased activity and efficiency in the interplanetary market for goods and materials, along with more accurate and informative market history data that will benefit participants on all planets. It will also make for a much more exciting and engaging gameplay experience in space and pave the way for further development of space systems including combat, hunting, transport and resource gathering.

Originally Posted Here

This all sounds very good to me interesting......... :D:yay:

At least on readily available resources, the deficit which will be offset by Calypso. Yes I'm about Blau for 130% or Lyst for 120% or same other lots on Ark...

I'm not a reseller of ores, check your facts & get better informed before making statements like that. Also you are correct in stating that I don't follow calypso MV when listing ores on other planets. That would be irresponsible since my miners are counting on me to get the best MU possible for them. I follow supply and demand for the market where the ores are sold, I don't know why you would expect anything other than that.

If you as the .Point shop owner don't want to support our miners, that's your choice. You'll be glad to know that for the present I'll continue to recommend your shop, even though you don't currently wish to support the mining efforts of these depositing players (many of whom, as you said, are newbies). I'm hopeful you'll wish to reassess your views on the subject after finding out all the facts, and start supporting these really hard-working guys more.

Last edited:
I'm not a reseller of ores, check your facts & get better informed before making statements like that. Also you are correct in stating that I don't follow calypso MV when listing ores on other planets. That would be irresponsible since my miners are counting on me to get the best MU possible for them. I follow supply and demand for the market where the ores are sold, I don't know why you would expect anything other than that.

If you as the .Point shop owner don't want to support our miners, that's your choice. You'll be glad to know that for the present I'll continue to recommend your shop, even though you don't currently wish to support the mining efforts of these depositing players (many of whom, as you said, are newbies). I'm hopeful you'll wish to reassess your views on the subject after finding out all the facts, and start supporting these really hard-working guys more.

I know the essence of your business, Neil, and did not want to offend personally you. But in my eyes it is about the same as reselling, only for your own money (players work for you in this case). I just see your prices and only little difference with resellers, so I do my conclusions. But if I buy your resources, I must raise prices for my production, and this fact increases gameplay for all your staff, if they using my Shop (or Auction). Transportation will solve this problem (I hope), and you will sell your stacks of ores for affordable prices for me (and others) or would not sell it. Also the difference with you and me is in auction/shop fee, I don't pay fee before sale, you always will pay. This advantage gives me more chances and possibilities to offer lower prices.

And I have nothing against your hard-working guys, I even am very glad that you are so organized your gameplay, but if I put in my calculations the prices at which you periodically sell ores, no one will buy items in my Shop! This means that you in caring about your guys forget about the consequences of your caring. And if I will buy your ore/enmatter always, I have to close my shop, because run out of money.

Last edited:
I know the essence of your business, Neil, and did not want to offend personally you. But in my eyes it is about the same as reselling, only for your own money (players work for you in this case).

Uh, no it comes direct from the miners. You don't understand how the business works.

And I have nothing against your guys, I even am very glad that you are so organized your gameplay, but if I put in my calculations the prices at which you periodically sell ores, no one will buy items in my Shop! This means that you in caring about your guys forget about the consequences of your caring

Walmart has the same problem... trying to get profit and sell cheaper than everyone else too. You could always buy direct if you're concerned about prices. Without the auction fees to deal with, prices for direct trading are significantly lower.

Anyway... off topic.

but a lot of shops will suffer because people will just buy guns (for example) from auction and let them be automatically delivered.

That's why I think they should add an extra fee on the transport based on the value/price of the item transported on not only base it on the weight. I think that is needed to protect local business. The direct delivery option should only be an rather expansive last solution, the first options should be to pick it up on location or buy from shops.

I think that here would be another problem - weapons like Calytrek CR Spirit MK.III (L) disappear from the market and become more expensive. That is what I need!!! This helps to any local business :)
No need to do anything, all will be fine :)

1 week after I sell my ship :(

Space just got more interesting.
Good job MA for listening to the people.

great ain't it ?
For me it's also to late, sold my ship ship some months ago and just last week i took all my money out of the game to actually quit the game all together.

Still its good progress from MA that they start doing this.
Better late then never.

It's nice to see when MA announce what its coming up so we can all speculate on the effect. It's a LOT better than just dropping major changes on the playerbase unannounced.

I remember back when they did the same (long, long ago) with auction change from 1 ped flat fee, gun amps working at 50%, footguard introduction etc.

The most important thing to remember when its VU day is....

dont_panic.jpg

We can all adapt, if you dont like the changes, just attempt to ignore them and adapt to your own gameplay. As I said in a previous post I was on Next Island 2 weeks ago and would have gladly paid for delivery for the item(s) I needed rather than spend the 2 hours round trip + to buy them from another planet (what I tend to call a P.I.T.A.)
Not forgetting the 2 ped fee to land on each planet and the **** that could be in the neighbourhood.....

I hope MA price things right though.

As I said in a previous post I was on Next Island 2 weeks ago and would have gladly paid for delivery for the item(s) I needed rather than spend the 2 hours round trip + to buy them from another planet (what I tend to call a P.I.T.A.)
Not forgetting the 2 ped fee to land on each planet and the **** that could be in the neighbourhood.....

Yep, it will really save HUGE amounts of time in cases like that.

Yep, it will really save HUGE amounts of time in cases like that.

Got Ped - check
Got Robe - check
Got Hoplite Armor - check
Got Philo / Archon sword - check
Got Time Crystals :censored:

(true story)

There was some Hoplite I was missing listed on Arkadia auction but I wasn't going to detour and risk the usual scum to get it, so did without a couple of pieces.

. You have high prices (higher than on Caly), and often seeing your name in the lot, I do not take it (If I have a choice or can wait).

So as a buyer, you have choices. It's not like were talking about staples such as flour, water or bread.

But as a seller he has no choices? It's his stuff and he can keep it, use it or sell it as he sees fit.

Who made you the arbiter of prices in EU?

CO

So as a buyer, you have choices. It's not like were talking about staples such as flour, water or bread.
I think you NOT live on Ark. No choices often. One or two lots, or no resources - is normal state.

But as a seller he has no choices? It's his stuff and he can keep it, use it or sell it as he sees fit.

Who made you the arbiter of prices in EU?

CO
Demand is arbiter, therefore I see how many sales I have, and on difference of prices I can found in AH and in my Shop.

Theese changes, all good in my opinion! :)

Now i wish we also could get:
* Vehicle attachments (speed, armor, shields, cloaking, extended radar)
* Pet attachments (behavior, damage type, sound module, riding harness, autolooter with integrated storage)

+ other new items that create supply and demand, and NOT related to hunting, mining or crafting. i have a few more ideas, i wish i worked at Mindark :p :wtg:

How would people's opinions change if only non-stackables (items) cold be delivered with the new system?

I assumed that everything, like oils, hides, en-matters and metals could be delivered by paying the fee, but what if MA used the word "Items" to only mean things that already couldn't be looted.....?:eyecrazy:

If you notice, they use the words "Goods and Resources" when talking about a loophole that allows risk-free transport

:popcorn:

Last edited:
How would people's opinions change if only non-stackables (items) cold be delivered with the new system?

I assumed that everything, like oils, en-matters and metals could be delivered by paying the fee, but what if MA used the word "Items" to only mean things that couldn't already be looted.....?:eyecrazy:

Then it will not change anything except the price of the items, and I can just say that all crafters and local planetary business will also suffer, and me too. Will be a clear bias to Calypso players. I'm against this, but I'll live with it, as it will. Maybe I will move to Calypso in this case, and will sell my business on Ark, but I doubt.

Last edited:
Love this new feature, EU's interplanetary economy will bloom faster in near future :yay:

Now i wish we also could get:
* Vehicle attachments (speed, armor, shields, cloaking, extended radar)

And more types of ships too. SOOO many possibilities here to make space truly great.

How i read the Announcment

"Hello, this is Mindark

We made auction more expensive again

have a nice day"

"We noticed people aren't decaying enough ammo in space, so we decided to add extra auction fees to give us more income."

Now that I think about it... where does space PVP ammo go? Seems to me that this ammo should be funding the mission rewards, rather than going directly to MA as income.

alot of complaints, but i see this information as an opportunity.

My thoughts on previous comments:
> pvp ammo spent. Is probably going into space PVE loot, not Mindarks pockets...
> Its going to make auction more expensive?, No but more luxuries. try going to another planet just for shopping, thats expensive too, especially if you do warp VIP or, get looted by a pirate :p Also, it will be good for the planetpartners. A miner/hunter/crafter can sell its stuff more easy now (because items can be found easier), instead of expiring auctions due to low playerbase.
When i played starwars galaxies and this interplanetary auction came to be, it was all good

Back