Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport

Where was it said VU in sept? Dont make me too excited if just rumor pls :D

ahh, umm, well...... yeah, sorry, I don't know where it said Sept, but I also normally distinguish for myself between rumours and more reliable sources, and my impression was that there would be a Sept vu. The most likely topic would be the development timetable for the land plots, but like I said, I dunno.
I don't even think it was a forum post as such, but something direct, along the lines of: [imagined quote - I do not remember exactly!!! "in the next vu, planned for September, you will be able to build on your land plots."]. If anyone else has a reference to where exactly, Piotr wants to get excited :D

This is why I was thinking of the galactic transport missions, as I thought there was a vu coming up - but it does seem very quiet, so maybe I was wrong...

So, how does one know whether one is buying something on the planet they are on or elsewhere? I don't wanna buy something and then suddenly be confronted with costs I didn't see coming.

So, how does one know whether one is buying something on the planet they are on or elsewhere? I don't wanna buy something and then suddenly be confronted with costs I didn't see coming.

you have to change the dropdown to search different planets, so....you should know :thumbup:

you have to change the dropdown to search different planets, so....you should know :thumbup:

Also for unknown reason setting orders on different planets is not allowed so MA sadly prevent us and save us from additional transport costs.

Er we have double costs -first to fly to that planet and set order and second to pay transport costs.

we are very close to a VU,
be ready and be prepared for anything :ahh:

We will either see no progress on galactic transport, which is likely. I assume the kitty is bulging by now to fund the missions.
We may see some new transport ships which may kill the value of privateers.

To be honest MA need to implement
1. Full Stables/pet functionality
2. Update space in a big way

We will see some more crappy iron missions, more time wasted redesigning mobs and a nerf which will cost players more money.... I'm getting cynical

We will either see no progress on galactic transport, which is likely. I assume the kitty is bulging by now to fund the missions.
We may see some new transport ships which may kill the value of privateers.

To be honest MA need to implement
1. Full Stables/pet functionality
2. Update space in a big way

We will see some more crappy iron missions, more time wasted redesigning mobs and a nerf which will cost players more money.... I'm getting cynical

I think most will agreed that we need more of what you call "crap/wasted time" instead of a crappy and useless space. We need to get space removed and teleporters back so we can play not **** around in e empty black shithole for hours doing nothing but autoflying between planets.

I think most will agreed that we need more of what you call "crap/wasted time" instead of a crappy and useless space. We need to get space removed and teleporters back so we can play not **** around in e empty black shithole for hours doing nothing but autoflying between planets.

You are discribing EliteD :laugh:

where is the good news at? :'(

now just get rid of instant delivery and make all items have to pass through space and your onto a winner

The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward. Note that the cargo boxes will correspond to the value of the transport mission reward rather than the actual items traded via auction sales. In this way piracy of cargo boxes will not negatively impact interplanetary trade.

Any news about this ???

Think the transport missions still not here.
When can we expect getting that ?

Any news about this ???

Think the transport missions still not here.
When can we expect getting that ?
How long did it take for the cld voting booths and taming to get in to the game?

I'm guessing that we won't see transport missions until after the compet launch. Whenever THAT will be...

We might ask ourselves "are there any delivery fee income?"
Because, I don't think it will be so many.
Maybe MA decide cancelled this before even started.

We might ask ourselves "are there any delivery fee income?"
Because, I don't think it will be so many.
Maybe MA decide cancelled this before even started.

Not really. I'm guessing it will still be released. Just so many jumped on this before thinking how MA works and that is they work a bit slow on these projects. My guess for CLD's was 2018 I think and yes we got the plots but not the full system in place yet. So I'm giving the cargo system 2018 as well. I want to say 2020 but well that just doesn't sound right.

And again I would be more than happy to be wrong here. Remember MA is a small company and well they just can't do things over night without bugs. (ok bad joke there):tongue2:

Well there is a galactica mission now.

Spacecontent is changing at an alarming rate!

imho they gain more in postponing everything. Both for the good and bad.
> They have more time developing a secure system that doesnt mess up the market (though i can think of quite some of those moments lol)
> They have our money ingame longer from the time people wanna invest to the event actually occurs. They probably earn quite some nice interest in whatever they invest our money in.
> Players are still playing as long as they have some peds invested themself.

The big question though is how long will players have faith in this universe. With ever so declining item prices, oldtimers leaving in frustration, unfulfilled dreams in hoped investments, events that costs 10000 to 50000 to stand a fighting chance.

As i see it, either you as a player are shitloads rich and doesnt care about loosing 1000, maybe 10000 ped a week (and this seems to be the player entropia nowadays want). Or you play with as little as possible as any newbie would do, maybe 10 50 ped a week.

I do hope space missions will introduce some new features for all of the players, but i fear it will either cost alot, or pirates will be the ones that sings happy camper songs ^^

This is not a whine, or the sky is falling post, its just a "concerned citizen" post

imho they gain more in postponing everything. Both for the good and bad.
> They have more time developing a secure system that doesnt mess up the market (though i can think of quite some of those moments lol)
> They have our money ingame longer from the time people wanna invest to the event actually occurs. They probably earn quite some nice interest in whatever they invest our money in.
> Players are still playing as long as they have some peds invested themself.

The big question though is how long will players have faith in this universe. With ever so declining item prices, oldtimers leaving in frustration, unfulfilled dreams in hoped investments, events that costs 10000 to 50000 to stand a fighting chance.

As i see it, either you as a player are shitloads rich and doesnt care about loosing 1000, maybe 10000 ped a week (and this seems to be the player entropia nowadays want). Or you play with as little as possible as any newbie would do, maybe 10 50 ped a week.

I do hope space missions will introduce some new features for all of the players, but i fear it will either cost alot, or pirates will be the ones that sings happy camper songs ^^

This is not a whine, or the sky is falling post, its just a "concerned citizen" post

Mindark had a 5 year time advantage to competing space simulation games with their multicrewship concept - they chose to do nothing and to not comunicate with their potential player base - meanwhile a new competitor arose and raised a 1 million customer base with 93 million dollars funding his game development and the timeadvantage of mindark has declined to barely a year - so no i dont think that they 'gained more' due to doing nothing instead of working with their customers in bringing space to live and past its alpha stage.

the timeadvantage of mindark has declined to barely a year

the advantage for what? The competing models of space are now looking so way above what MA has: space is unlikely to be much of an attraction in itself now for new customers - and possibly for ever!

EU is now so diverse that any one area is like a different sushi dish in a sushi bar that you either want to enter or walk past. The quality of the food no longer depends on mainly one area alone any more, and the times when a great space dish (giant space squid - calamari?) has the potential to draw in customers are gone in my opinion.

The part of our community which likes space has had so many good and implementable ideas over the years, and John, you have been a major part of this too. MA could still do lots of relatively small things to massively improve space - that is one legacy of having done almost nothing for years! But it is no longer about any competition from outside; it would be about making changes to space that are good enough to keep people within EU who might otherwise leave the game for good.

So... Is this still going to be put into game... or...

So... Is this still going to be put into game... or...

It would depend a bit on whether real progress actually got past scraps of paper or making it onto the whiteboard.

My timing for thinking they might actually implement it, considering that fees from interplanetary auction transfers are supposedly building up and up in the missions fund, was already over a year ago. I decided to take a short break from space, do planetary stuff for a bit for variety and then return to space with the relevant vu..... and I'm still doing low-level planet stuff whiling away the time....

.....- meanwhile a new competitor arose and raised a 1 million customer base with 93 million dollars funding his game development and the timeadvantage of mindark has declined to barely a year - so no i dont think that they 'gained more' due to doing nothing instead of working with their customers in bringing space to live and past its alpha stage.

There's a big video news article on the BBC about that game. It does look the nuts.

Rick

Mindark had a 5 year time advantage to competing space simulation games with their multicrewship concept - they chose to do nothing and to not comunicate with their potential player base - meanwhile a new competitor arose and raised a 1 million customer base with 93 million dollars funding his game development and the timeadvantage of mindark has declined to barely a year - so no i dont think that they 'gained more' due to doing nothing instead of working with their customers in bringing space to live and past its alpha stage.

I would hardly call it a competitor. Completely different to PE.

Rgds

Ace

[h=4]Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport[/h] In the upcoming Entropia Universe Version Update 15.1 (currently scheduled for early December), planet-specific auction sections will be removed. This change will result in a single unified auction, something that many participants have requested and something that MindArk believes will result in a more efficient and dynamic interplanetary economy.

After VU 15.1, buyers will have three options when winning an auction that was listed from a planet that differs from that of the buyer:

1. Pickup at Origin - Items won from auction will be placed into the buyer’s inventory on the planet of origin (the planet where the auction was created). Buyer must then travel to the planet of origin to retrieve the items from storage.
  2. Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location after a specified period of time (TBD, approximately 1-4 hours). This option will incur a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported.
  3. Instant Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported immediately to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location. This option will incur the same transport fee as Normal Delivery, along with an extra convenience fee.

The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward. Note that the cargo boxes will correspond to the value of the transport mission reward rather than the actual items traded via auction sales. In this way piracy of cargo boxes will not negatively impact interplanetary trade.

It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

MindArk believes that this new Galactic Transport system will result in increased activity and efficiency in the interplanetary market for goods and materials, along with more accurate and informative market history data that will benefit participants on all planets. It will also make for a much more exciting and engaging gameplay experience in space and pave the way for further development of space systems including combat, hunting, transport and resource gathering.

Originally Posted Here

Still waiting for this subsequent version update over 3 years later.
Wonder how much peds are in this 'special transport fee' pool by now.

Still waiting for this subsequent version update over 3 years later.
Wonder how much peds are in this 'special transport fee' pool by now.

mmm , one does wonder how much is actually in there and why are we still waiting 3 years on, would someone from MA care to comment ?

mmm , one does wonder how much is actually in there and why are we still waiting 3 years on, would someone from MA care to comment ?

Maybe you'll have to pay five deep token to activate the mission to pay out on it?

that cargo thing as described above is a conceptual failure anyway. if the cargo transported isn't the ACTUAL items people order from the auction on other planets, it's not connected to trading at all and hence just a minigame like the bs. so yes, the value of the cargo has to directly correspond to the value of the goods transported (maybe with a maximum possible timeframe of delivery after which the items are teleported magically to the buyer as it is right now so that griefers can't pointlessly hoard people's purchases)

that cargo thing as described above is a conceptual failure anyway. if the cargo transported isn't the ACTUAL items people order from the auction on other planets, it's not connected to trading at all and hence just a minigame like the bs. so yes, the value of the cargo has to directly correspond to the value of the goods transported (maybe with a maximum possible timeframe of delivery after which the items are teleported magically to the buyer as it is right now so that griefers can't pointlessly hoard people's purchases)

Except that this was mindarks solution of providing more safety & convenience to players moving goods between planets while throwing those players who invested in privateers and motherships a bone for taking the base of their investment away from them - this bone however was never delivered and ended up just being another income stream for mindark as they have kept those fees for over 3 years and never payed out.
It also was their excuse for selling yet more transport ships and making everyone believe that there would be more transport bussiness - but they only sold those new ships and never held up their promise.
Thats why arkadia when they started selling their 'equus' version (firebird) had to stop selling the intended amount, cause existing equus were already 20% below mindarks minimum sales price - it just doesnt work if you try to sell more and more ships when you dont provide the content to keep those ships busy.

Back